Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

5 month old, doesn't talk much anymore

I have a 5 month old who used to talk all the time and try to repeat the sounds I make. Now for the last few weeks, hardly ever baby talks. Is that an issue or is it because they can only do one thing at a time and she is now realizing she has hands and a mouth!! Also, she doesn't like tummy time and doesn't want to crawl. If you put her on her belly, she screams a lot. She loves her exersaucer and being upright. Anyone see a problem there?

Re: 5 month old, doesn't talk much anymore

• Options
    Look up wonder weeks

It's a great app on your phone if you can get it. Tells you what's up by weeks
  • Options
    Babies work on different skills at different times. From like 3.5-4.5 months my LO barely talked. she got really vocal for a month, and now just goes "ah!" at different volumes and blows raspberries. 

but her quiet times correspond with a physical milestone-for example, during 3.5 months she started rolling back to belly and grabbing a lot. now she's trying to crawl and sitting a lot. once she masters these i'm sure she'll be a babbling brook again.
    BabyFetus Ticker Little Riley-our first little girl coming March 1st, 2013 (or sometime around there;)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The same thing happened with my LO, but he is back talking up a storm now. He is making more sounds and different ones too.
  • Options
    VPGIRL06 said:

Babies work on different skills at different times. From like 3.5-4.5 months my LO barely talked. she got really vocal for a month, and now just goes "ah!" at different volumes and blows raspberries. 

but her quiet times correspond with a physical milestone-for example, during 3.5 months she started rolling back to belly and grabbing a lot. now she's trying to crawl and sitting a lot. once she masters these i'm sure she'll be a babbling brook again.
    Yes! Mine was cooing and mimicking me and now makes one syllable sounds and blows bubbles. I was worried he was regressing so it's nice to hear it's normal.
  • Options
    My 5 1/2 girl is doing same thing!! No babbling just weird screeching noises and blowing bubbles, glad I'm not alone - thought there was something wrong!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"