Baby Names
Options

Holden

What do you think of the name Holden?

Re: Holden

• Options
    NMS.  Reminds me of that movie with Jennifer Aniston who has an affair with a kid named Holden.
  • Options
    NMS. I think Catcher in the Rye, Chasing Amy, and 'Holden is holdin' on tight!'
    imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I crap you not...I went to school with a boy named Holden Peters. Swear! I always looked at his mom to see if she seemed a little off.  Needless to say he was picked on a lot about his name.  Holden is not a favorite of mine..but what do you think about Coleton?  Same sort of sound?
  • Options
    I really like Colton but DH isn't a fan, he only likes odd names
  • Options
    I like Holden. It makes me think of William Holden.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I think it's a perfectly lovely name if you like smart-ass guys who drop out of school and curse a lot.?

I also think it's going to become very trendy in the next couple years. It seems to be "the" literary name to use lately.?

Contemplating the snow.
    Mes Petit Choux
    imageimageimage
    I can't go back to yesterday - because I was a different person then. ~ Alice

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

william holden is who comes to my mind immediately.

i think he'll face a lot of teasing and crap from kids in school.?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    i love Holden
  • Options

I like it-it is interesting but not too unique

• Options
    I like it, but it reminds me too much of The Catcher in the Rye. In it, he's a very disillusioned and troubled teenager. If you don't mind that connotation, go for it.
  • Options
    Too much like a last name... I went to school with a girl who had the last name "holden"
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I love it.  I would put it on our list, but DH does not care for it. 
  • Options

My little sister is 8 and she has 2 Holdens in her class at school. It must be growing in popularity- because I had never heard of it until then. They are the most adorable little boys too! I like it!

• Options

Too 'Catcher in the Rye'

• Options
    Its not a name I would ever use but I like it.
  • Options
    I LOVE the name Holden.  I would have named DS that had DH agreed! 
  • Options
    kind of odd story, but I fell in love with the name when I saw it on a headstone of a 3 day old baby... granted the baby was born like 70 years ago.... I love it, unfortunately DH doesnt.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    NMS, think Catcher in the Rye
    TTC #1 for over 5 years - too many to count IF treatments (tried everything and anything), repeat miscarriages. Finally, Sticky Success!! B/G Twins arrived 2011. VOTE on my Name List Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I think of Holden Caulfield from Catcher in the Rye.  I like the book, but since Holden isn't exactly a sympathetic character (in my opinion - I always thought he was a dumbass), I guess I don't have the most positive assocation.

I also think of an episode of Friends where Joey is trying to come up with a new stage name, and Chandler keeps suggesting really inappropriate ones, like Joseph Stalin and Holden McGroin.  Makes me giggle!

If your last name isn't McGroin, though, it's okay!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

It doesnt sound like a name

VOTE on my Name List Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"