March 2012 Moms

Skywalker trampolines.. anyone have or had one?

WipzWipz member
edited August 2013 in March 2012 Moms

I was thinking of getting one for indoor activity..since it's too damned hot here a lot of the time.. West Nile virus is rearing its ugly head again and my kid needs to burn off some energy..safely.   There aren't many good indoor activity places round here  for kids his age... He thinks bouncing on my sofa is the best think ever right now and I  need something safe for him.  I don't like the ones with the grab rails.. we have a wooden floor and my kid is not exactly delicate lol.

https://www.amazon.com/Skywalker-Trampolines-Adventure-Bouncer-Enclosure/dp/B0064G8LLE

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Skywalker trampolines.. anyone have or had one?

• WipzWipz member
    Well it's ordered and will be here Wednesday... hopefully this will help burn off some excess energy for the lil man since it's so damned hot here right now ...  Can't wait till it arrives .. :)
  • Please tell ua how he likes it. We are looking into something along this line for our dd just unsure what. It looks pretty awesome.
  • Loading the player...
  • WipzWipz member

will do .. we needed something smaller to fit indoors in an apartment,but I didn't like the look of the standalone ones with handle bars.. that and wooden floors = ER trip to me lol

... since he is an only child we wont have the problem of injuries from multiple jumpers either which can be a big issue with trampolines .. add in the safety mesh.. I think we have a winner if he doesnt destroy it in the first week lol.  this kid has a LOT of energy.

I can't wait till the weather cools off so he can play outdoors more.  times like this I wish we had a house not an apartment  but we do the best with what we have and just have to be a bit more creative in our thinking at times :)

• Ok.. thoughts  so far..

The instructions aren't great ....as a lot of people said in reviews, but if you have any common sense and have a vague background in building any kind of furniture.. it's really not a big deal. 

The springs are a %#$%#$ on your hands so I would recommend getting a guy to do those if you are delicate or have a manicure  lol.  Luckily I'm a tom boy and nails aren't a big concern for me..so I did fine, but its some damned sweaty work getting those on and there are 25 of them suckers lol.

I would reccomend using your own screwdriver, or drill rather than the tool  they provide.. after doing the springs.. you don't wanna try doing the screws with that.  The first few turns are hella tight and it feels lik ethe threads just wont go at all... I  screwed, unscrewed and screwed in again... then once you hit the mid way point the screws go in like a dream.,.. but the first part..  tight and not fun with their tool. 

A lot of people bitched about the string that goes around the mid way point.. I think they were lacing it up wrong.  There are lace holes top and bottom and you just lace them up together to hide the foam padding....I threaded every other or every 3rd hole and made sure they  ran around each pole to keep them secure.. no biggie.

The wooden floor in my apartment isn't very level in some places so I can't fault the trampoline for some of the wobble..I just need to either find a flatter surface or put down some of my old foam pads that we had in his old play pen area. My lil guy is very rough and tumble anyhow and not a delicate little soul ...so I will probably anchor it to stop him walking it around the room and that will provide added stability.

All in all  even though its recommended for 3 yrs and up... under the right supervision and  with some common sense... I think this will be great for our lil guy. 

My only concern is he is such a rough houser, once he gets accustomed to this I know he is gonna go nutso in it .. Can you get shaken baby syndrom from a trampoline and a hyper kid? He is already frickin crazy like his momma.. we don't need to scramble his brains anymore than they already are. 

It's small enough to make falling over less of a problem and no other kids will go in with him, so less chance of broken arms from someone landing on you awkwardly(.. which is why we chose the smallest one they have).

He got in.. sat down and started to bounce on his butt and poking at me through the net... within a few minutes he was standing  up bouncing  without holding onto the rails. I am encouraging him to hold on and not to bounce too crazy till I make sure he has his sea legs... and not to grab the rail and rock it... LOL.. did I mention he is not a delicate soul? 

Judging by the big cheesy grin on his face and all the shouting for his daddy so he could show off.....I think it's definitely got the Dominik seal of approval

all in all ..so far I am impressed .. for $60 and after some of the reviews I was a bit skeptical.. but I think a lot of the reviews were just inexperienced builders and people who expect to pay $60 and get a $600 trampoline.

If he hasn't wrecked it by the end of next week I will let you know if I have anything else to add  :)

I will post pics later in the week ....but right now  ..it's bedtime. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"