Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Baby Story and I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant

So I'm sitting her watching Baby Story and I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant while DD is fussing over her monitor refusing her nap, and for some reason, watching this is making me REALLY miss being pregnant. It's even making me miss the delivery part, even though it was the most painful experience of my life. Am I crazy? Does anyone else still miss being pregnant? I went through the baby blues for the first week or two after DD was born because I missed the feeling of her kicking and the sound of her heartbeat, but it passed pretty quickly. I mean, seriously, why does seeing these women go through the pain of childbirth make me miss the whole process?!

Re: Baby Story and I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant

• Options
    I do....I had a fairly easy pregnancy (I had bad GD but no terrible physical symptoms) and a fairly easy delivery (I got the epi)....I hope we don't decide DD is our only b/c I really would like to be pregnant at least once more.

BFP #1 12/02/11, M/C 12/08/11
    BFP #2 04/06/12, DD born 12/20/12
    BFP #3 06/09/14, M/C 06/15/14

• Options
    I do....I had a fairly easy pregnancy (I had bad GD but no terrible physical symptoms) and a fairly easy delivery (I got the epi)....I hope we don't decide DD is our only b/c I really would like to be pregnant at least once more.
    My pregnancy was relatively easy, as well, I just had some pretty rough ligament pains. And that's the thing. I had an epi, too, but it had to wear off entirely before I could deliver because DD was stuck, so it was so horribly painful. I've heard of women before saying "never again" after delivery, so I was surprised at how quickly I was ready to go again. I was surprised at how sad I was after she was born. I can definitely see how those "baby blues" could escalate into PPD, which I never understood before. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I really enjoyed being pregnant - thankfully I had a relatively easy pregnancy.  The worst part was the c-section recovery.  That I don't miss.

I do hope we have another one!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    mejane123 said:
    My pregnancy was relatively easy, as well, I just had some pretty rough ligament pains. And that's the thing. I had an epi, too, but it had to wear off entirely before I could deliver because DD was stuck, so it was so horribly painful. I've heard of women before saying "never again" after delivery, so I was surprised at how quickly I was ready to go again. I was surprised at how sad I was after she was born. I can definitely see how those "baby blues" could escalate into PPD, which I never understood before. 
    I had the opposite problem. Mine was too strong so I pushed for almost 2 hrs b/c I couldn't feel for most of that time...they ended up turning it off completely for the last hr or so

BFP #1 12/02/11, M/C 12/08/11
    BFP #2 04/06/12, DD born 12/20/12
    BFP #3 06/09/14, M/C 06/15/14

• Options
    I absolutely love being pregnant and even love L & D, it's just so exciting!  So you are not alone!  

I enjoy pregnancy so much in fact that if a close family member asked me to carry their baby I would do it.
  • Options
    I love being pregnant! And thoroughly enjoyed the entire experience, both times. Im ready for #3!
    I loved my C-section recovery, far more than my natural delivery recovery.

image     image  image
       Maverick James 01.07.2012                  * Married 01.23.2010 *                     Harper Skye 01.24.2013

• Options
    I sometimes miss being pregnant, and would love another one right away! I had an awful pregnancy with hyperemesis, heart problems, rashes, restless legs and back spasms, and an average labour and natural delivery. Everytime I mention wanting #2 DH looks at me like I'm crazy, but there's really something special about carrying that baby and then having it all gooey on your chest...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I love the idea of having a newborn, but I'm pretty glad not to be pregnant anymore.
  • Options
    DS2 is our last, so I often find myself nostalgic when I see pregnant women and newborn squish. I had two easy pregnancies and relatively easy deliveries, and I don't really want to do it all again, but there is something duper special about that time that I'm sad to not experience again. DS2 is always on the move and only snuggles when he's sleeping. I was at the doctor on Friday and there were a couple newborns in the waiting room. I miss the squish!

• Options
    Ireland05 said:

DS2 is our last, so I often find myself nostalgic when I see pregnant women and newborn squish. I had two easy pregnancies and relatively easy deliveries, and I don't really want to do it all again, but there is something duper special about that time that I'm sad to not experience again. DS2 is always on the move and only snuggles when he's sleeping. I was at the doctor on Friday and there were a couple newborns in the waiting room. I miss the squish!

Maybe that's what it is, I miss that newborn stage. DH absolutely hated it because he felt useless, but I loved the bonding I got to do with her. Now she's becoming so much more independent, I miss that time a lot. DH loves it, though, because now she can "play."
  • Options
    I definitely miss being pregnant.  I had such an easy pregnancy (with a million appointments because they thought there were issues but they turned out to be nothing).  I also had a scheduled c-section because DD was breech, so I didn't go through labor.  I also hope we decide to have another because being pregnant was really a blessing for me.

• Options
    I miss it now, though I remember during the last month I was sick of being pregnant and wanted it to be over :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker My Blog
  • Options
    Beth.1212 said:
    I love the idea of having a newborn, but I'm pretty glad not to be pregnant anymore.
    This!  I do not miss pregnancy one bit, and it was not even that bad of one.  I just worried the entire time and didn't sigh relief until LO was in my arms and I could see that all the parts were there.
  • Options
    I sometimes miss it, and realizing how fast my DD grew makes me want another! I had a decent pregnancy, other than heartburn EVERY time I ate, and restless legs at night. 

I'm terrified though, I had preeclampsia the last week and luckily didnt have to be induced, BUT being on magnesium and not sleeping for 72 hours was M.I.S.E.R.A.B.L.E. Then my doctor wrongly released me, allowed me to eat whatever, and the whole week after we were able to go home I was in and out of the hospital, I STILL HAD PREECLAMPSIA!  And was lucky I didn't have a seizure. SO with that said, I'm scared I'll have to go through that again.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"