Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

DD needs a haircut :(

BAD. She's only 8 months, but she came out with so much hair, I can put it up in pigtails now (except she's still a little thin in the back) and it covers half her face. Anyone else deal with this? How do I go about it? Is it best to just take her to a salon, or should I attempt it myself? Will it never be the same once it's cut?

Re: DD needs a haircut :(

• Options
    I don't have experience with this yet, but we're in the same boat. DD's had a full head of hair since birth and her bangs are super long and I have to constantly sweep them to the side to keep them out of her face. I'm holding out till Nov to cut her hair though, because we're going to Disney and I want her first haircut to be at the Main Street Barber shop....and because I'm just not ready to have to cut her hair already, lol

BFP #1 12/02/11, M/C 12/08/11
    BFP #2 04/06/12, DD born 12/20/12
    BFP #3 06/09/14, M/C 06/15/14

• Options
    Haha, I don't blame you! Unfortunately, she's like my H and runs hot, so her head is constantly oily from sweating, so her hair gets funky pretty quick. But looking at your siggy pic, it looks like yours isn't far off from mine!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My son got his first haircut at 5 months and it looks great. All the thin spots filled in quickly. I brought him to my hairdresser and he sat on my lap. They gave us a card to remember it with a piece of his hair in it.
  • Options
    Nicb13 said:
    We went to a kid specific place and got his hair cut for the first time. Gave us a certificate and lock of hair. He's had 3 haircuts, about to have his 4th at 17 months old. It grows back the same way every single time.
    Good, that's what I was worried about! Although right now it's just kind of a crazy mess with cowlicks all over. @Leashy123, that's where it started with her, too. She has these two thick locks that run down the side of her head that are about 6 inches long because they've been growing since birth. But now her hair is starting to train itself into bangs, so keeping it off her face is impossible.
  • Options
    We just rode it out with my DD1 - she was born with a full head of hair and never lost it either.  I found pics of her at 8 months with pony tails in.  I usually just pulled it out of her face with a clip/bow, and put it in pony tails, too.  She had her first haircut just before she turned 3, and it was down to her butt!  She has now had it cut twice and it is halfway down her back still.  
    TTC#1 = Success on Cycle#19 with Clomid/trigger/b2b IUIs; beta#1 (15dpiui) 200, #2 (18dpiui) 433, #3 (22dpiui) 2356; TTC#2 = Surprise BFP 9/2009; TTC#3 = m/c at 6 wks, 10/29/11; BFP#2 4/1/2012... Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

mejane123 said:
    Haha, I don't blame you! Unfortunately, she's like my H and runs hot, so her head is constantly oily from sweating, so her hair gets funky pretty quick. But looking at your siggy pic, it looks like yours isn't far off from mine!
    and that pic is almost 2 months ago, lol...she runs hot too, but luckily her hair doesn't seem to get too greasy (she def didn't get that from me, lol)...

BFP #1 12/02/11, M/C 12/08/11
    BFP #2 04/06/12, DD born 12/20/12
    BFP #3 06/09/14, M/C 06/15/14

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    My DS is the same! He was born with a full head of hair and it just keeps growing. As it gets longer, though, it's starting to get curly, which just makes it even cuter! DH keeps threatening to cut it while he's alone with him... I have threatened him back with severe bodily harm! I'm not ready to cut it yet!
    PAL JULY SIGGY CHALLENGE: CAKE WRECKS
    You Made me a mommy... 

Ticker id: ARvP

imageimageimageimageimage
     Lilypie - (KAFM)

• Options
    My DS is the same! He was born with a full head of hair and it just keeps growing. As it gets longer, though, it's starting to get curly, which just makes it even cuter! DH keeps threatening to cut it while he's alone with him... I have threatened him back with severe bodily harm! I'm not ready to cut it yet!
    DD kind of has a reverse mullet going on. It's adorable and kind of curly down the sides, about 6 inches long, and she's got bangs down to her nose, but in the back it looks like what you would expect of a baby - super short, with a little almost-bald spot from when she sleeps on her back. 
  • Options
    DD kind of has a reverse mullet going on. It's adorable and kind of curly down the sides, about 6 inches long, and she's got bangs down to her nose, but in the back it looks like what you would expect of a baby - super short, with a little almost-bald spot from when she sleeps on her back. 
    That is pretty much what DS has! His hair is super thick and long on the top and sides and short, normal baby hair in back! He looks like he's wearing a baby toupee! 
    PAL JULY SIGGY CHALLENGE: CAKE WRECKS
    You Made me a mommy... 

Ticker id: ARvP

imageimageimageimageimage
     Lilypie - (KAFM)

• Options
    I had to cut DD bangs b/s they kept getting in her eyes and she kept scrubbing to clear it away. I sat her in her Bumbo, brushed her hair down straight ( might need to use a little water) and used a piece of scotch tape a crossed her forehead. I pressed it on to make sure the hair stuck and then carefully peeled it from her skin. Then I put her fav vid on iPad (so shed stay still) and followed the top each of the tape with the scissors. Ta-dah! Nice straight bangs!!
  • Options
    DS1 was born with a full head of hair and got his first cut at 4 months when it was well past his nose.  We did his first couple of cuts at home since he would only stay still enough while nursing, and I didn't want to do that at a salon.  Haha.  By the third cut, I was annoyed that it was so uneven, so we went to a cheap cuts kind of place, then switched to a kid's specific place after he got antsy there.  They don't do a great job there, but they have a motorcycle he can sit on and a kid's movie playing to keep him still.  It's pretty cheap, too.

DS2 OTOH had a decent amount of hair when he was born except on top.  He looked like an old man, then most of it fell out anyway.  It's coming in pretty blond which is interesting b/c we all have brown hair and his was pretty dark when he was born. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"