Eco-Friendly Family

Carpet Cleaner

DS is days away from crawling, and our new house has carpet on the main floor, hardwood on the lower level.  Our old house was all hardwood, so I could use vinegar to clean all the floors.  What can I use to clean our carpets before DS starts face planting on it?  I have my own carpet cleaner, so I'm wondering if anyone has a recipe for carpet shampoo that will be okay for DS to have so close to his face?
Me: unexplained infertility - annovulatory DH: testicular cancer survivor!! TTC since June 2009 BFP May 11, 2012 EDD January 24, 2013 June 1, 2012 - first u/s, heartbeat 124 BPM!! June 22, 2012 - heard the heartbeat 9w1d 181 BPM!! 24 hours of labor, 4 1/2 hours of pushing, and IT'S A BOY! Welcome to the world my miracle, we prayed and prayed for you, and we can't believe you're here!

Re: Carpet Cleaner

• I have done quite a few different concoctions in our carpet cleaner but ended up opting for plain old water and a small splash of vinegar. I've tried Dr. Bronners, vinegar & water but found that using any sort of soap/detergent seems to attract dirt unless you go over the carpet again with plain water to rinse. Just using hot water works wonders actually. Be warned though, if you use anything but the recommended chemicals for your machine will void the warranty with most machines. Also, if you use vinegar be sure to empty the clean reservoir after you use it or the acid will start to eat at any metal fittings/parts.
  • Thanks ArmyQM!  I'll probably just use hot water in the machine and spray the carpet with a vinegar solution before going over it.  I'm sure I'm long past my warranty on the machine, I've had it for 5 years.
    Me: unexplained infertility - annovulatory DH: testicular cancer survivor!! TTC since June 2009 BFP May 11, 2012 EDD January 24, 2013 June 1, 2012 - first u/s, heartbeat 124 BPM!! June 22, 2012 - heard the heartbeat 9w1d 181 BPM!! 24 hours of labor, 4 1/2 hours of pushing, and IT'S A BOY! Welcome to the world my miracle, we prayed and prayed for you, and we can't believe you're here!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"