Single Parents

Home from the hospital

Well last week I woke up and there was a lot of blood and contractions, so my Dr. put me in the hospital. For four days I bit and pieced my childrens care together from my hospital bed while getting beta and mag. My mil finally decided to come down and get my youngest and take him to PA till I deliver, becasue even though I am 29 weeks it will probably be soon. I got text after text last week about how I should be thankful my husband was helping with the kids, and how he was making sacrifices. Jerk. I came home on bed rest, walked through the door into my apartment and it was a disaster! I spent my afternoon cleaning and doing laundry. Somehow I don't think that is what my Dr. had in mind when he sent me home. Today I am resting as much as I can, but my hands are swollen and I have a headache, I don't feel well, but my 11 year old is still here and I refuse to scare or upset him anymore than I already have. Honestly though I am so scared for my baby, I have listened to days of lectures from the doctors about how sick hes going to be when hes born. I wish I had one person in the world who cared enough about me to hug me and go through this with me. To tell me they will be there the entire time.

Re: Home from the hospital

• If you are truly worried about your baby's well-being then you should follow the doctor's orders and stay on bed rest. It doesn't matter how messy your house is- you need to limit your activities and stay off your feet. It sounds like you are already under a lot of stress, so it's even more important that you take extra precautions and do exactly as your doctor says. Your 11 yr. old is old enough to do laundry, clean, and help take care of you. No, maybe it's not ideal but asking him to help around the house is not going to scare or upset him. I understand it's a tough situation, but if your baby's health is at risk then you do what you have to do. Good luck.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I too understand that you're 11 year old is stool you child, but right now you might need to ask him to help, as a family member. Dishes are easy, get disposable. If he learns laundry you're doing both yourself and his future wife a favor. If you're in bed rest than every movement and bit of energy spent should be calculated. Ask yourself, Is lifting that worth giving up a day of gestation.

I'm sorry you don't have people in your life supporting you, that totally sucks. If you have any friends or family near you now is the time to ask for favors.

Hugs.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"