February 2013 Moms
Options

Baby Mum-Mums

What are your thoughts on these teething rice cakes? I didn't use them with DS1, but my neighbor said her daughter loved them while teething and that they were great for when the rest of the family was eating a meal and her DD would chew on these to keep her occupied. We have started pureed solids and he's doing pretty well, he ate his whole ice cubed size bit of avocado for the first time last night and really seemed to enjoy it, previously it was only a few spoonfuls.

So what should I know, good and bad?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Baby Mum-Mums

• Options
    He has probably one a day and loves them. They're messy and gross, but I don't have to eat them! They do make them in organic with very few ingredients. We use them while we eat dinner, it occupies him. He eats solids twice a day so this is just a "treat". I mostly like that it requires him to learn to feed himself. Good practice.
  • Options
    He eats them once a day. Usually while we eat because I generally feed him first. He loves them!
    Abigail Grace: 3/11/08 and Joshua Alan: 2/2/13 Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic 5losses from 7/4/10 through 11/22/11 - “When the world says, “Give up,” Hope whispers, ‘Try it one more time."♥
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    What a great idea!  DS1 loves them (and so do I, actually!) but I hadn't thought of giving them to DS2 yet...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"You reach deeper until you can find the strength.  That's all life is, one big fight after another."

Angel babies: 9/19/07, 10/08/09, 1/05/11

• Options
    DS has no teeth so I haven't given them yet but probably will once his teeth come thru.. At least one ..
  • Options
    Rice cakes are also a good consideration if you don't mind watching them eat the kernels as they fall off. I gave DS half of one the other day and he seemed to like it. But I was a bit squeamish about the kernels. Then of course, I touched it when he was done and it was all soggy anyways so it's probably NBD.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Ds loved them too. I haven't given them to dd yet. She hasn't started solids yet.
                    Our Blessing From God Through Adoption
                   Our Blessing After TTC for 6 Years (natural birth!)
                             EBFing, CDing, BWing, SAHM
  • Options
    Good to know, I had a coupon for them from target, so we'll be trying them out today!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Our boys love them ( see pic in funny faces thread). I was worried as they are so hard but they dissolve so fast I to a mushy mess it doesn't concern me anymore. They are great distractions. I break them in half to make them easier for J to manage and the two halves will buy me about 20 minutes of time to get something done.
    M & M
    06/12 - BFP!!!!
    Beta #1 15dpo - 256
    Beta #2 18dpo - 1097
    6wk U/S on 07/02 ~ TWINS!!!
    EDD 02/21/13
    09/10/12 Found out it's two Boys!!!! Sam and Jake
    Jacob and Samuel born 1/29/13 at 36 weeks. photo F489900B-BB44-4C44-ACD1-ABB73509E3B2-9032-000005E7AE7EF53E.jpg Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    jd614 said:
    DS has no teeth so I haven't given them yet but probably will once his teeth come thru.. At least one ..
    Teeth aren't needed for Mum Mums as they dissolve quickly.  DS2 didn't get teeth until 16 months but ate Mum Mums starting around 7 months.
    Samuel  2.26.06 41w ASD/ADHD
    Eli  6.18.09 35.5w
    Silas  1.25.13 35.4w 10 days NICU, allergies/asthma, gluten intolerant

• Options
    DS loves them. I don't think they are for teething though because they dissolve really quickly.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"