Attachment Parenting

Best carrier for newborn?

Hi everyone. Our one month-old is 8.5 pounds (born 6 lbs 13 oz) and very colicky. We want to wear her to help calm her down but she doesn't like the Moby.. she squirms and cries in it. What is a good carrier for a baby her size? We need help! I'd be willing to shell out the $$ for the Ergo if it worked..
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Best carrier for newborn?

• We have a bunch of carriers.  At that age, DH and I each had a different favorite (although mine still remains my favorite, he's switched over to the Ergo).

DH really liked the Pikkolo at first.  It's similar to the Ergo, but doesn't require any sort of infant insert and can be used from 7lbs up.

At that time, I used my Babyhawk for most outings (I wore the Moby at home).  And I still use it predominately.  It also can be used without any sort of insert, and is "adjustable" to an extent to fit all sizes of babies.  I really like the tying mechanism which for me has always been faster than playing with buckles and adjusting them.
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Definitely go somewhere and try several out. That said, my LO didn't like to be worn until she was about 2 months old. I hope that's not the case for you, but don't stop trying periodically even if you can't find a carrier that works for your LO right now.
  • Loading the player...
  • I agree trying some out is the way to go - you may have a local babywearing group that could help.  I have a link in my siggy of the pros and cons of different carrier types for infants.  
  • I have a 2 week old daughter who is very fussy/colicky. Today was the first day I tried our Ergo and Infant Insert. She seems to be loving it. I've been wearing her for a few hours and she's only whimpered a couple times when I sat down too long. So far, I'm impressed. 

However, I agree with the other posters you may want to check out different carriers at a baby boutique, since every baby is different. 

Good luck!

• There is a newer product called the Nuroo Pocket which is used to wear your baby skin-to-skin.  It is based on the new research that is finding many benefits for both baby and mother when 60+ minutes of uninterrupted skin-to-skin contact is made.  Check it out, it seems like a wonderful product to utilize with a colicky baby!
  • I'm loving my ring sling the most right now. Ring sling and mei tai are my favorite until the Ergo works without any inserts.
  • I like the ktan at that size.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"