August 2013 Moms
Options

The eye of the storm

Let me preface this by saying in our relationship I am the panicy, over planning worrier while DH is the most laid back calm person in the world. He is a cop and NOTHING seems to phase him...ever. So today I had a check and was 2cm when last week I was completely closed. I was happy to make progress but I know and DH knows that this doesn't mean anything when it comes to labor......or I thought he knew. I am currently sitting on the couch, calmly, and he is running around like a chicken with his head cut off. "I need to do laundry to have clean clothes." "Here is the police dispatcher number in case I don't pick up my phone tonight and you go into labor." " when I get to work tonight I will let my surprivisor know I will need next week off". On top of this my mom is here from Canada and she is running around printing off directions to the hospital, getting DH's number and stressing that my bag isn't completely packed. Apparently, I will be comatose as soon as I go into labor and be unable to communicate. Can you tell this is the first baby/grand baby? And here I sit, calmly bumping, the calm eye of the hurricane storm that is swirling around me. It is freaking adorable though.

Me: 34  DH: 35
Married: July 2009
BFP: November 2012 after 2 years of TTC     DS born August 2013
Diagnosed with PCOS April 2016
3 months of trigger shot with timed intercourse BFN x3
First IUI: 9/17/16            BFP: 9/30/16              EDD: 6/11/17

Re: The eye of the storm

• Options
    Lol! I have a feeling that will be happening in my house too.
  • Options
    Ha, aww. Poor DH. I discovered the other day that mine will answer the phone now on the first ring because he's terrified I'm somehow going to manage to labor and deliver without him. It's become a fun little game. Except when I interrupted a conference call w/ his bosses. Whoops.
    Ezra James 08/22/2013  <3
    Nora Grace Due 12/26/2016  <3

Two Angel Babies 
    07/03/2012
    08/08/2015

"If you're still my small babe
    or you're all the way grown,
    my promise to you
    is you're never alone.
    You are my angel, my darling,
    my star...and my love will find you,
    wherever you are."
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thats really cute!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

VOTE on my Name List
  • Options
    BlondieBia21BlondieBia21 member
    edited July 2013
    LOL- sounds like my FI, his family, and my family. I don't even mention how I'm "feeling" anymore because any little change I hear, "omg do you have everything ready? is your bag packed? i can be there in two hours." When I'm just like, no I just think I need to poop or something. (sorry, tmi? nah. We are all in similar positions haha.) 
    Poor FI, I told him I thought that the baby was dropping, and he went and grabbed a bag and started throwing stuff in it because he thought that meant she was "dropping out of me." LOL, I told him to calm down and I'd still have weeks to go before she "drops" out. 

ETA: It is kind of sweet/fun to know how anxious the men really are. My FI is usually as your husband is. 
    A'13 June Siggy Contest- TV Dads
  • Options
    I wonder if/when my DH will go into panic mode.
    photo regina_zpsee0752b3.gif

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP #1 mm/c at 12w1d

• Options
    I wonder if/when my DH will go into panic mode.
    Same. He's cool as a cucumber.

• Options
    That is cute! My DH did the same thing yesterday- got checked at my appt and I'm 2cm my husband thought it was time. I had to explain how it works! They are too funny and cute!
    image image
  • Options
    hahaha this is funny. I had weird pains last week (clearly not labor as I am not at all dilated or effaced) and the look on DHs face at the realization that she could come at anytime she chooses now was priceless!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I had what might have been a contraction last night after getting checked yesterday and H's reaction was "it's probably gas." I keep wanting a reaction but I don't think I am going to get one.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    lol thats awesome. DH was at work last week when I went to L&D to monitor movement. He works about an hour away and I figured everything was fine so I told him not to come, just stay at work. He insisted on coming but said "call me when you get there and see what they say and then Ill come sit with you". He ended up beating me to the hospital and was waiting in the parking lot when I got there, he said he couldnt concentrate at work lol. He was so frantic I felt bad for him.

• Options
    Sensing that my DH is on the edge of freaking out! He keeps cleaning the dishes by hand that were just washed in the machine because the water spots "have a million bacteria in them" and also he has flipped out on the world because I didn't put my glasses in my hospital bag yet... I'm always the calm one but he's not usually crazy lol it's really cute though ;)
    ~~~Our first little one is due on Aug. 20th 2013~~~
  • Options

That's hilarious!!

My SO has been so calm during this entire pregnancy. I wouldn't be surprised if he completely freaked out on me when labor begins. It would be nice for him to show some emotion though...

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerLilypie First Birthday tickers

BFP 3/29/2014 2u2 Let's do this!

BabyFruit Ticker

photo crunchy_zps41233998.gif

• Options
    Men are so cute....I love that so many "big strong men" are freaking out about something that is only 7lbs.

Me: 34  DH: 35
    Married: July 2009
    BFP: November 2012 after 2 years of TTC     DS born August 2013
    Diagnosed with PCOS April 2016
    3 months of trigger shot with timed intercourse BFN x3
    First IUI: 9/17/16            BFP: 9/30/16              EDD: 6/11/17

• Options
    So sweet!!!
  • Options
    Oh no! My husband is usually the super cool, nothing phases him type. I wonder if he'll be the same as yours when the time comes!
  • Options
    DH is usually one of those guys that nothing phases him also, but I had a severe leg cramp one night around 28 wks and I was hurting badly and trying not to wake him up, but he sat straight up out of a deep sleep and shouted, "Are you in labor?!?!?!"  He was so worried, but as soon as I said no, he went right back to sleep, haha.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    Lol! DH says he isn't nervous but keeps asking a lot of questions about going into labor. It's like a nervous/excited side of him that is coming out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"