September 2012 Moms
Options

BFAR...Breastfeeding after Reduction

I was told by a group member to direct this question to you....

I was just wondering if there are any ladies out there who have had a breast reduction and intend to breast feed. I have done research on the matter but what I have read it can go either way on the success scale. I want to breastfeed my child but I am worried that I will not be able to because I have yet to have any "leakage" I know some women do not get their milk in until right before or after the birth ( I am hoping this is my case), I still have nipple sensation which is a good sign.

Re: BFAR...Breastfeeding after Reduction

• Options
    There is a breastfeeding board that you may get more answers from - https://forums.thebump.com/categories/breastfeeding

I did not have a reduction, but had zero leakage until after the baby was born. My milk didn't come in until the 4th full day. Unfortunately, I think the answer to your question is you won't know until your child is born.

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • Options
    There is a breastfeeding board that you may get more answers from - https://forums.thebump.com/categories/breastfeeding

I did not have a reduction, but had zero leakage until after the baby was born. My milk didn't come in until the 4th full day. Unfortunately, I think the answer to your question is you won't know until your child is born.
    This exactly.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you ladies I appreciate it and will ask on the bf board. Have a great day!
  • Options
    I didn't have a reduction, but my BFing group was talking about this. There is a book about it that my LC recommends- I can look for the title if you want it.

Leakage has nothing to do with milk supply so I wouldn't worry about that! I had no leakage before baby, and while my milk took 6 days to come in, the colostrum was enough for him in the meanwhile. Colostrum is really thick and harder to leak anyway.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"