November 2013 Moms
Options

A Tiny Taste

It is commonplace at my office for us to drink wine during the week. For the first 23 weeks it has not even crossed my mind to have any at all but today I helped a lady open a bottle and when I smelled the wine it was like I HAD to try some. I'm literally talking about a taste of red wine but I feel super guilty. Anyone want to make me feel better and say that they have done this too?

Re: A Tiny Taste

• Options

I'm not a wine drinker, but I made SO order a beer while out a few weeks ago just so I could have a sip. It was delicious.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    MsCrispy said:
    I need to work where you work. What do you do?
    I work at a consulting company and the Pres is a BIG wine guy. He owns part of a vineyard in France and keeps our office stocked. He encourages wine Fridays and when he's in the office it's wine day whenever he feels like it (which is almost daily:-)
  • Options
    #dreamjob

#LOLFITMAMA
  • Options
    nciesla said:

#dreamjob

Agreed!!
  • Options
    I did this weekend! First time this whole pregnancy I've tasted any alcohol and it was really just a taste. And I agree with everyone else, I want your job!
  • Options
    dnt27dnt27 member
    I've had a glass of wine here and there since week 18, I don't feel guilty about it. But I need to work where you work.
    Teagan Grace born 12.07.13

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

January siggy challenge
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Guilt is fading! Thank you ladies!
  • Options
    You're fine. I had a glass at my sister's wedding at 21 weeks, and will probably have a couple more before November. One of my good friends is a pediatrician with two happy, healthy little kids, and she said she had about 4 glasses during each pregnancy, and my OB said the occasional glass after midway is fine.
    Mr. & Mrs. B, Est. 10.23.2009
    m/c: 9/06/12
    LTB: 10/23/13
    Baby B 2.0 EDD: 3/15/16

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    You are fine! You stressing out about it is probably worse than the actual taste it's self :)
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I've had a glass or two of champagne since 21 weeks. It's never a full glass and always just one. DH got me some vino verde wine, which is a little less alch% than your typical white wine. I may have some once every couple of weeks.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers photo 11E5F5F6-4D0F-49E1-B9B6-320CF42213BE_zpspw0gd9zw.jpg photo 4dcf6524-f3e2-4099-82e2-545cd6740157_zpsb9a1d5a3.jpg
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    MY friends all get together about 1-2 times per week for drinks and bonfires and cook outs. I smell their alcohol all the time! I'm not a big ber drinker but last night it smelled sooo good. I look forward to having one after LO arrives...it helps your milk come in ;)

• Options
    I've had a few small sips of beer (like 3 on 3 totally different occasions) because they were new beers that I was really wanting to try. As a STM, I find my behavior is much more lax and don't see this as the end of the world. That's just my thoughts, I'm sure there are many people that feel the complete opposite of me.
  • Options
    dnt27dnt27 member
    questra8 said:

I thought 3rd tri began at 28 weeks. How are folks due in November and already that far along? If it begins earlier than that I definitely wanna know cuz maybe I'm in the third tri too!

I'm 23 weeks and due at the very end of November, so it sounds about right that some women due at the start of the month are approaching 3rd tri within a few days.
    Teagan Grace born 12.07.13

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

January siggy challenge
  • Options
    I'm due 11/4 and only 26 weeks. Still not sure how any November folks are at 28 weeks.
    It depends on how you do your math. If you do 40 weeks divided by 3, it equals 13.33. So second tri would start roughly at 13weeks 3 days. And 13.33 +13.33= 26.66, so 3rd tri would start at 26 weeks 5 days. My Doc considers 3rd tri to start at 27 weeks. 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My ob has ok'd a glass of wine or a beer since 2nd tri. I have had a beer (Mich Ultra...if you consider this a beer) here and there. My DH is a craft beer snob and says it is not a "real" beer but it kills my beer craving!
  • Options
    I've found that the best thing for my beer cravings is an ice cold N/A beer. My favorite brand is O'dules. It's by Budweiser. Which is our beer of choice. The O'dules tastes exactly the same to me. =D>
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    After reading all of the sips taken it makes me want a sip! But I don't want it badly so I can deal. I wasn't much of a regular drinker in the first place but I do miss the taste.

Married 12.10.11 -  DH:26 ME:26
    Hodgkin's Lymphoma 5.09 - Lupron shots - Last chemo 10.14.09 - Remission 12.09 
                                                             Missing my April '13 & September '13 angel babies ... Always in my heart <3<3
    Luck & Love to our first foster on a forever home - 4.13-7.13
    BFP#3 2.23.13 EDD: 11.3.2013 Daily shots of Enoxaparin
    Beta#1: 300 - Started Crinone-Beta#2: 1680 - 7w3d HB@146 - 9w3d HB@173 
    Jackson - October 29th 2013 - Via C-section - 6lbs 10oz 19in
    BFP#4 10.14.15 EDD June 2016 waiting for blood work
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"