Breastfeeding
Options

Do you put your pump in the dishwasher?

Just Curious, I have always washed my pumps by hand, but it takes a lot of work to get in all of the small areas to keep them really clean. If you put yours in the dishwasher, does it get them really clean? Do you do it when you have other regular dishes in there? If you don't put them in, how do you make sure they are staying really clean?

Re: Do you put your pump in the dishwasher?

• Options
    I have a closed system so the pump never gets dirty, the pumping parts do go in the DW though.
  • Options
    I put the pump parts in the dishwasher and it gets them clean.  We have a sanitizing function in our DW, also which is nice.  I put the small parts in a DW bottle/nipple holder
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I put the parts in the dw.  I also have a small bottle holder that I put the valves into, but the rest I just toss on the top shelf.  They get perfectly clean.  My lactation consultant actually suggested this as a way to sanitize them.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I don't put my actual pump in the dishwasher.  I wash the parts every single time though, in hot, soapy water.  I was sanitizing in the Medela bags that you can pop into the microwave, but honestly, I don't think it's necessary to do that, provided they're being washed properly each time they're used.  I've been doing it this way for 8 months without incident.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"