Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

sleeping and molars

I posted last week how DS is getting all 4 molars and been a pain at night.  In the past when it came to teeth or being sick I always slept in bed with him because he just wouldn't go down. He always transitioned back to the crib fine.  But now it has been 2 weeks, only 1 molar has started to poke through and he refuses to sleep in his crib.  We put him in the other day and he full out screamed for 20 minutes without letting up.  For me, 20 minutes is the longest I let him go and if I go in it usually gets worse so I am not sure if it is still his teeth or he is getting used to sleeping in the bed and would rather be there.  He moves around so much in the bed he goes from one side to the other.  So I am not sure if it is still the teeth or now a bed thing.  And if it is the bed how bad would it be to switch him to it.  
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: sleeping and molars

• Options
    ELF4321ELF4321 member
    edited July 2013
    DD had trouble sleeping in her crib again after getting to sleep in bed with us for 5 days while we were travelling, so I would suspect after 2 weeks your LO had developed a preference for sleeping with you. We had to redo sleep training when we got home, but luckily it only took her a couple of days to get back to the old routine. We did kindof a cross between Ferber and Sleep Easy. I think the longer you let him stay with you, the harder it will be to transition back. Good luck!

• Options
    My LO would not sleep more than an hour or so at a time when he was getting all of his molars. That was the worst week or so of my life. That topped the NB stage and the 4mo wakeful. It was HELL

My vote would be to get him through it in your bed (if you can stand it) and then transition him back into his crib, even if it required more time to get him back into the crib. There's no way my LO would have stayed in a crib that week.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Did they get all 4 at once?  I wouldn't be so sure it was all 4 except that we had a dr appt on the 17th and our pedi told me.  So I think 1 broke skin last week, now a second is and the 3rd and 4th will probably be in the near future which is why this whole thing is dragging out more than a week.  Or at least that is what I am hoping!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"