Parenting after a Loss
Options

How to Raise a Kid Who Isn't Whiny and Annoying

Did anyone else see this article from Huffington Post? It was really grounding for me, especially given how crazy Pinterest has the potential to make me over DD's first birthday party.

imageimageimageTTC since 07/11 | natural m/c 08/11 | BFP 12/6/2011 | Elinor Anna born 8/18/2012 | BFP #2 1/16/2014
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: How to Raise a Kid Who Isn't Whiny and Annoying

• Options
    That's an interesting article. As a Loss Mother, I sometimes feel like I may be headed down this road. These are our miracle babies and it's only natural for us to want to give them everything their heart desires. But I guess theres a time and a place for that so they don't end up as the whiny child. It's a fine line for sure.

*** aka: andreahshields ***

*** July Siggy Challenge - Cake Wrecks ***

BFP#1 3/8/12; diagnosed w/ Anencephaly at 12w6d; D&C 5/9/12
    BFP#2 7/18/12; A/S 10/26/12 It's a Girl! EDD 3/29/13
    Phoebe Jordan Born 3/20/13

imageimage
  • Options
    Yep! Shared it on my FB page. Really great article, and an excellent reminder. I have gone back a reread it a few times. I agree with you, Andrea, about how being a loss parent impacts our parenting style, especially in the area of wanting to give our rainbows everything! And Rusalka, even though B isn't even 6 months yet, I already have a board on Pinterest dedicated to 1st birthday stuff, so I feel ya there!  ;)
    PAL JULY SIGGY CHALLENGE: CAKE WRECKS
    You Made me a mommy... 

Ticker id: ARvP

imageimageimageimageimage
     Lilypie - (KAFM)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I feel like personally, I do really well about balancing things out.  Even with my brothers, they knew that I always expected what's fair . . . and then my loss happened, and now each day, I'm like, "But what if this is the only birthday party we have with our son??" (a little dark there, but darn, don't we appreciate every day and milestone, like nobody else?)

I have to remind myself to step back, and remember that if God forbid, something ever does happen to him, it will be the snuggles I'll cherish more, than what I bought him.  I'll care more about his coos of happiness at seeing my face, then how many people come to his first birthday party. 

It's really the little things in life.

I saw this article on FB already, but thanks for sharing it here, too Rusalka (it's a good one to pass along!).

BFP #1 06.20.11 I EDD 03.22.12 I MMC 09.01.11 (baby measured 6w4d) I D&C 09.07.11
    BFP #2 02.21.12 I EDD 10.29.12 I DS born 11.06.12

Surprise BFP #3 07.27.13 I EDD 04.02.14 I Stick baby stick!
    blog I pinterest

** I'm hopping all over boards these days, please @quote me for speedy replies :) **

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"