Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

If you were induced, POLL!

Depending on how my final growth scan goes next week, I may be facing necessary induction due to asymmetrical IUGR.  My doctor is conservative when it comes to induction, so he will only do it if medically necessary.  Since I didn't go into labor with DD until 40+5, I'm worried about how my body would handle induction at 38+5.  Right now, at 37 weeks, I have no cervical progress. 

So if you don't mind sharing the following about your own induction experience....

Was it your 1st, 2nd, etc. child:
Was it successful or did it end in CS:
Total length of induction process:
Did induction start at night or early morning:
How far progressed were you prior to induction:
Worst part of induction:
And for a bright side, best part of induction:
Anything else you'd like to add:

Thanks, 0-3 months!!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: If you were induced, POLL!

• Options
    be888be888 member
    edited July 2013
    Was it your 1st, 2nd, etc. child: 1st

Was it successful or did it end in CS: successful

Total length of induction process: 25 hours

Did induction start at night or early morning: noon

How far progressed were you prior to induction: 3 cm, 60 % effaced, -2

Worst part of induction: None of the induction was bad, but my son was posterior and the back labor was excruciating. It took a long time for my son to descend, and for me to fully dilate to 10 cm, but it has nothing to do with the induction.

And for a bright side, best part of induction: My induction started with the insertion of a balloon in my cervix to get me to 4 cm, which was to be followed by Pitocin. However, I ended up starting to contract on my own, and was able to skip the Pitocin until right before the pushing stage. I was hoping for a pain med free birth, and was scared of Pitocin contractions.

Anything else you'd like to add: Best of luck if you need the induction!

BabyFruit Ticker
    16 Ch. du Barrage, Lac-Beauport

• Options
    blush64blush64 member
    edited July 2013
    I was induced with my third. I was overdue and I had a few issues which meant it wasn't safe to let it go longer. I had charted so I did know for sure how far I was.

Baby was in no position to come. She was still very high, the doctor said she was actually higher than the month before. My babies never drop until half way through labour so I wasn't too nervous.

Cervix was completely unfavourable, not thinned, no where near 1 cm dilated. During a cervix check the doctor had trouble checking because it was still facing away, posterior. Basically he said my body and baby were not ready for labour but for medical reasons it was time. I actually got a second and third opinion but they agreed.

I went in at night and got cervidil but by the next morning there was minimal change. I walked around for hours but that did nothing. They broke my water and started the iv. I started dilating slowly but baby would not drop at all.

Finally my nurse helped me into several different positions to force the baby down. After trying out all her positions baby was pushed down. That sped everything up and I was fully dilated within 10 minutes of that. Baby was out in three pushes.

Induction went well. Baby was born vaginally with minimal tearing.

I did not want to be induced but I had to do what was better for the baby.

Edit To fix
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    aibreanaibrean member
    edited July 2013
    1st child. Success (not a cs) with 2nd degree tearing (baby was sunny side and she turned herself to the correct orientation while exiting so you can imagine how the body is not designed to handle a head sideways lol). 14 hours (2 hours of pushing). Morning. 3 CM. Having to get 4 epidurals (pain was very intense...I assume due to the unnatural process. Best part - knowing approximate birthday.
    PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Cat tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Was it your 1st, 2nd, etc. child: First!
    Was it successful or did it end in CS: It was quite successful, no C-section!
    Total length of induction process: about 7 hours
    Did induction start at night or early morning: Started pitocin at 6 AM
    How far progressed were you prior to induction: 2-3 cm
    Worst part of induction: the catheter, it was sooo uncomfortable
    And for a bright side, best part of induction: the epidural, was only contracting slightly when I got to the hospital, so I never had to feel any really bad pain
    Anything else you'd like to add:  I never wanted to be induced, I tried to wait her out, but she just wanted to stay in for a while!  It all worked out :)
  • Options
    clw617clw617 member

Was it successful or did it end in CS: CSection

Total length of induction process: Water broke on its own at 3pm. Once I got to the hospital, Cervadil was placed at 6pm and Dr would give me 'til 6am to go into labor naturally. If I didn't, they would induce because water had already broken. 6am rolled around... nothing. They started me on Pitocin.

How far progressed were you prior to induction: 1cm. (I was 41w+4d)

Worst part of induction: The unknown and the intensity of the Pitocin. We started it at 6am and by 10am, Dr determined baby was in distress, heart rate going down. She thinks that ultimately, my 11-days-overdue placenta just couldn't sustain the intensity of the process. I don't know how accurate that is... at that point, there was nothing I could do but listen to the Drs. Of course, 2 mos pp, we're all happy, healthy, and fully recovered so in the end, it all worked out.

• Options
    Was it your 1st, 2nd, etc. child: First

Was it successful or did it end in CS: very successful!

Total length of induction process: Pitocin was started at 9:45am and DS was born at 3:13pm same day.

Did induction start at night or early morning: Arrived at L&D and 7:30am and Pitocin was started at 9:45am.

How far progressed were you prior to induction: Checked right before Pitocin was started and I was at 4cm.

Worst part of induction: none for me. The only intervention I needed was Pitocin besides the epidural.

And for a bright side, best part of induction: The best part for us was knowing when it was going to happen so family could plan to come visit.
    BFP#1 6/4/12 EDD 2/10/13 M/C 6/12/12
    BFP#2 9/28/12 EDD 6/5/13 J.B. born 6/6/13

Anniversary

• Options

Induced for all 3, all three vaginal, epi for all

1st started at 8pm with cervidil, brokeater at 8am, delivered at 6pm

2nd started at 6am, broke water 7am, delivered at 1pm. I was almost 4cm before we started.

3rd started at 6am, broke water at 7am, delivered at 3pm. DS was bigger and they were concerned he was stuck, but all ended well. I was 3cm before we started.

Worst part? I loved my births so it's really hard to pick something bad. The pain sucked and I hate the taste I get from the antibiotics for GBS, but those aren't induction related.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

C  7.16.2008 | L  11.12.2010 | A  3.18.2013

• Options
    BC&LMBC&LM member
    1st

Ended in a C section

I'm not sure of the exact induction length, but we arrived at the hospital at around 5 PM on Friday and had the baby on Monday at 12:37 PM. I am not sure of the exact induction timing because I can't remember when they actually placed the cervical softener to start the induction or turned off the Pitocin to stop trying.

Overnight

Not at all! Completely closed!

Worst part of induction:
    Not being comfortable enough to sleep; being confined to bed and not allowed to walk around due to the magnesium sulfate I had to take for preeclampsia

Nothing! Well, I guess the fact that I got to actually feel contractions, so I had some idea of what labor might actually feel like. So I didn't entirely miss out on that. And of course the fact that I still got a baby in the end.

My situation is a little bit different from many because I was induced 4 weeks early to preeclampsia. My doctor said my induction would have had a much better chance of working if I had been closer to my due date. I also wish I had asked them to try a Foley bulb because two of my in laws recently had successful inductions with them, and it would have been another option they had not tried.
  • Options
    keep in mind I was scheduled to be induced for medical reasons.my induction was cancelled and at 130 the next morning m water broke

Was it your 1st, 2nd, etc. child:1st
    Was it successful or did it end in CS:succesful
    Total length of induction process:started the Pitocin at 930am and my daughter was born at 1238pm 3hrs
    Did induction start at night or early morning:morning
    How far progressed were you prior to induction:1cm
    Worst part of induction:in my case it progressed far quicker than it should have and it was very painful
    And for a bright side, best part of induction:if it had been that painful for longer than 3 hrs it would have been way worse.at least it did not end with a c section
    Anything else you'd like to add:no matter wat u still get to see ur baby at th eend

I wish u the best of luck
  • Options

Was it successful or did it end in CS: It was successful

Total length of induction process: 15 hours

Did induction start at night or early morning: It started at 10pm, it was not planned in advance.

How far progressed were you prior to induction: I was a tight 3cm.

Worst part of induction: Contraction pain level after my water was broken.

And for a bright side, best part of induction: I was 4 days overdue, the best part was knowing the end was going to be soon and I'd get to meet my little guy!

Anything else you'd like to add: I've always heard that pit contractions are really painful. I labored with Pitocin for 9 and a half hour without any pain meds. So don't let the thought of Pitocin contractions scare you, I think the intensity/pain level really is person specific.

Lilypie - (IkIG)

Daisypath - (30fE)

• Options
    Was it your 1st, 2nd, etc. child: My first
    Total length of induction process: 6 hours
    Did induction start at night or early morning: 8am
    How far progressed were you prior to induction: mines was a little different because I was only 34w3d when my water broke unexpectedly so I was 0cm, no contact actions, and baby hadn't dropped yet but Dr determined I lost too much water and baby ran risk of infection so he needed to be out asap.
    Worst part of induction: the Unknown of delivering a preemie & the pitocin contractions are hard!!
    And for a bright side, best part of induction: again a little different but due to the amount of water and baby being preemie they were not going to let me go over 24 hours before they'd intervened. I felt a little better knowing that I knew it was going to end soon and wouldn't drag on for days.
  • Options
    mdesmond2320mdesmond2320 member
    edited July 2013
    1st

successful

about 20 hours to labor, Labor 4 hours (barely)

11:00 am

2cm and -3 station

Worst part of induction:
    it was not bad at all, but I would have liked to eat.  also walking helped mostly because I got tired of siting in bed.

once they added Pitocin (I had to be 'soften' first and this took the most time.  I had 5 doses of meds given every 4 hours)  I was in labor and baby was delivered in roughly 4 hours.  I had to wait for the midwife to get to the room to push and I was done pushing in less than a 1/2 hour.  the nurses were shock at how fast I went.  I went from 4 cm to ready in about a 1/2 hour.

I was induced 3 weeks before edd due to pre-e.  baby weighed 5.14 and we had some weight problems with her in hospital, but took her home on time despite her losing about 9% of her weight and had a few extra dr visits, but nothing too bad.
    I also got a epi.  If you get one I suggest you ask to a mirror to watch.  I had no feeling down there and could not figure out how to push without looking in the mirror and seeing what I was doing.  If I didn't have the mirror it would have been a longer pushing time.
    I had 2 2nd degree tears but was up and moving as soon as the epi wore off.  When I was released I started walking the next day.  I was doing about 1 mile a day the first few weeks now I am at 3.  (baby is 7 weeks)
    If I had to I would do it again.  I would not plan to mind you, but I would not be overly worried about it if my doctor said I needed to do it.

Good luck to you!
  • Options
    kelseypiekelseypie member
    edited July 2013
    1st baby

Vaginal delivery w/ vacuum assist

Labor was 29 hours, 4 hours of pushing

Induction started at 8pm, and was barely a fingertip dilated. I was induced 1 day before my due date because of a failed NST. So I went from a doc appt right on to the hospital.

Worst part: With the cervidil and pitocin I didn't even have "contractions". Just continuous, unbearable cramping. After about 16 hours of that, and not sleeping through the night (even with an ambien), I gave in and got the epidural. I was only 1.5 dilated then and had planned on holding out much longer so I wouldn't stall labor.

Best part: Not having my water break somewhere random, I guess. Also, after I got my epi, I progressed pretty quickly. And it didn't end in c-section like I was convinced it would.

I REALLY did not want an induction. Like I said, I was scared of c-section, and I guess I just wanted to have the "I'm going into labor!" feeling. I'm weird, I think. But it was all ok in the end. Hoping I go on my own next time though. Good luck!

• Options
    Got induced for my first child. I was 1 cm with hard contractions. Labor took 24 hours. Worst part was contractions after epidural stopped working. Best part was that they didnt send me home at 1 cm to just wait it out. That would have been aweful. I was 2 days overdue.

New Mommy!!!

• Options
    Also I delivered vaginally although I was close to getting a c-section because I was progressing so slowly.

New Mommy!!!

• Options
    Hi, Was it your 1st, 2nd, etc. child:
    I was induced with my first and second!
    Was it successful or did it end in CS: both were successful.
    Total length of induction process: first 6hours, second 5 hours!
    Did induction start at night or early morning: early morning on both.
    How far progressed were you prior to induction: first at 1cm fully effaced. Second, 3cm 70%effaced.
    Worst part of induction: I have nothing to compare them too but I hear pit contractions are worse, and they're back to back.
    And for a bright side, best part of induction: fast labors for me, but I realize that's not the norm.
    Anything else you'd like to add: good luck, I was a big fan of both of inductions!

Thanks, 0-3 months!!
  • Options
    Was it your 1st, 2nd, etc. child: 1st Was it successful or did it end in CS: had a vaginal delivery Total length of induction process: couple of days (will explain) Did induction start at night or early morning: morning about 9am How far progressed were you prior to induction: I was as the dr put it "an undeliverable cervix" Worst part of induction: the waiting And for a bright side, best part of induction: baby of course Anything else you'd like to add: I started havin severe swelling and high bp so the dr decided to induce. I showed up Thursday mornin with all my stuff. The dr checked me and told me I had an undeliverable cervix so don't be surprised if I don't get a baby today. They inserted 1 dose of cervicdel (sp) and then it became a waiting game. By noon still very little progress so they gave me 2 more doses. Checked again at 7 pm still no progress so sent home and told to come back to check tomorrow morning. Friday morning no change so sent home again. I had contractions all daysaturday was admitting finally Saturday night and baby girl came Sunday morning. There wasn't severe pain until active labor on Saturday. So I think the induction just kick started things.
  • Options

Was it successful or did it end in CS: Ended in CS

Total length of induction process: My water broke on its own at 9:30am Friday morning. Pitocin was started at 3:30 that afternoon since I hadn't progressed at all on my own. Baby was born at 3:11am Saturday morning via unplanned CS due to cephalopelvic disproportion.

Did induction start at night or early morning: afternoon

How far progressed were you prior to induction: 3 cm

Worst part of induction: Being confined to bed

And for a bright side, best part of induction: Getting the epidural : ) And of course, the birth of our beautiful healthy baby boy.

Anything else you'd like to add: The whole experience was not what I had expected or planned, but I would do it all again in a heart beat for our little guy. In the grand scheme of things, it's all over so very quickly!
    Anniversary

• Options
    1st Successful vaginal delivery. About 20hrs. We did Cytotec overnight. 0cm 0% We had a "traumatic delivery" (per the nurses and OB), but none of it had anything to do with the induction.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Married 1/2/99.
    TTC since 4/09.
    Diagnosed PCOS. Diagnosed Hypothryoid 11/09.
    SHG & SA normal. PCOS Research study started 5/10.
    Clomid/Femara cycle #1 - 6/10 = BFN
    Clomid/Femara cycle #2 - 7/10 = BFP #1 - Missed miscarriage 9/2/10
    11/12 - BFP #2 - 11/22 - m/c
    5/1/11 - BFP #3 - Pre-eclampsia, IUGR & bed rest from 32w. DD born via induction 1/4/12.
  • Options

Was it your 1st, 2nd, etc. child: Induced for both #1 and #2

Was it successful or did it end in CS: both successful vaginal deliveries

Total length of induction process: DD1 - 56 hours, 38 in labor; DD2 - 23 hours, 22 in labor

Did induction start at night or early morning: Evening, checked into hospital around 6 or 7 PM

How far progressed were you prior to induction: DD1 - fingertip dilated, not effaced; DD2 - 1cm dilated, 70% effaced

Worst part of induction: Pitocin

And for a bright side, best part of induction: DH could schedule time off work to be with me and we could schedule my parents to come watch DD1 the second time around

Anything else you'd like to add: Since your body has been through labor before, it knows what to do and may respond better/more quickly to the induction than if it were your first. Discuss with your dr ahead of time when/if they'll recommend c-section. My drs knew it would be an absolute last resort for me only if I or the baby was in real distress and didn't push it at all. They let me labor as long as I needed, so long and everything was still safe.

Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Was it your 1st, 2nd, etc. child: first
    Total length of induction process: 30 hours maybe but i got to be at home and only slightly uncomfy till 24 hours in.
    Did induction start at night or early morning: 2 pm because we got bumped
    How far progressed were you prior to induction: 1 cm and thick
    Worst part of induction: um the waiting lol
    And for a bright side, best part of induction: labour didnt start until my water broke and lasted only 6 hours
    Anything else you'd like to add: I only needed cervix softening gel then cervidil and i ended up med free

• Options
    Was it successful or did it end in CS: C-Section
    Total length of induction process: 17 hours
    Did induction start at night or early morning: 6 AM
    How far progressed were you prior to induction: 2cm, 70% effaced
    Worst part of induction: the contractions before I got the epidural. I also wasn't allowed to eat anything except ice chips, so I was REALLY hungry.
    And for a bright side, best part of induction: Knowing a definite ending point of pregnancy leading up to it.
    Lilypie - (ShW3)

imageLilypie - (52Yh)
  • Options
    Thanks everyone!  I know each experience is different and can't predict how mine will be (if I end up in that position), but it is helpful and reassuring to read everyone's stories.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Was it successful or did it end in CS: It was successful, thanks to my doctor's patience!

Total length of induction process: 30 hours

Did induction start at night or early morning: night

How far progressed were you prior to induction: No dilation at all

Worst part of induction: Terrible contractions from the pitocin that overlapped on the monitor, but still weren't progressing my cervix

And for a bright side, best part of induction: Knowing that we'd be meeting our DD when it was all over!

• Options
    Was it your 1st, 2nd, etc. child: First

Was it successful or did it end in CS: Successful vaginal delivery

Total length of induction process: 15 hours from insertion of the foley bulb to baby's debut.

Did induction start at night or early morning: 2pm, after a NST. I was induced due to likely pre-e that was officially diagnosed the next day.

How far progressed were you prior to induction: 1 cm, 50% effaced, -2 station

Worst part of induction: I wanted to go med-free, but ended up getting an epi. Once contractions began, it was miserable and unbearable until I got the epi, and that was definitely the worst part.

And for a bright side, best part of induction: Having my baby in my arms. :) It also was a breeze after the epi. I definitely do not regret getting it, even though it was not my plan.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Options

Total length of induction process: 32 hours
    Did induction start at night or early morning: about noon 
    How far progressed were you prior to induction: I wasn't dilated at all, but my water had broken
    Worst part of induction: Length of time, and I had to be woken up every 3 hours to take the little pill 
    And for a bright side, best part of induction: I have a healthy and happy baby! 
    Anything else you'd like to add: i was nervous to have to be induced. They gave me Cytotec to induce me and after almost 19 hours of taking a pill every 3 hours i was still only dilated to 2 cm. They finally started Pitocin and within 4 hours I was dilated to a 5 and continued to progress after that. 
    Without the Pitocin I would have had to have a C-section as I was past the safe 24 hours after my water broke, but because I was finally progressing  and baby was healthy they let me continue to labor. 

Thanks, 0-3 months!!

• Options
    Was it your 1st, 2nd, etc. child:  1st
    Was it successful or did it end in CS:  Successful
    Total length of induction process:  23 hours
    Did induction start at night or early morning: Night
    How far progressed were you prior to induction: 2 cm
    Worst part of induction: Stalled out at 4 1/2 cm for awhile but with more Pitocin it got going again.
    And for a bright side, best part of induction: I had hypertension, knowing that I was doing what was best for myself and baby is the best part.
    Anything else you'd like to add:I was due 6/2 and induced on 5/31, my DD was born 6/1. They started the induction with Cervidel (sp?) only, no Pitocin to open the cervix more and the plan was start the Pitocin the next morning...well... they started me on Cervidel at 8 PM and my water broke on it's own at 3 AM from the increased dilation I assume. She was born at 6:16 PM. The reason why it was so successful for me, according to my doctor, is that I was already dialated some and I was so near my due date that it was time anyway. My body was very ready for it.

"No one will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you're the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside." -Unknown

imageimageimageimage

Anniversary

• Options
    I was induced...I only have a second to respond...truth be told...it pretty much sucked...vacuum delivery...fourth degree tear...I don't think me or my son were ready for the labor...I wished I had waited for natural labor.
  • Options
    Was it your 1st, 2nd, etc. child: First

Was it successful or did it end in CS: Successful vaginal delivery

Total length of induction process: 16 hours

Did induction start at night or early morning:  5pm after a finding out my water had been leaking for almost a week in an appt with my Midwife. 

How far progressed were you prior to induction: 4-5 cm, 80%, -1 station

Worst part of induction: Its a tie between: how strong contractions got after my water really broke, 7 hours in, and having to wait 3 hours for an epidural due to L&D being so busy.

And for a bright side, best part of induction: Having a healthy baby boy we got to meet 3 weeks early!

Anything else: I definitely didn't plan on having an induction or going three weeks early, but after unknowningly leaking for almost a week we didn't have an option. The Pitocin contractions were unrelenting but just remember that every contraction will end!! Just remember that an induction and/or an epidural does not mean you are a failure, but that you are doing everything in your power to help you LO into this world!
  • Options

Was it successful or did it end in CS: successful vaginal delivery

Total length of induction process: My doc stripped the membranes about a week before, I was 2cm and 75% efaced.

Did induction start at night or early morning: morning

How far progressed were you prior to induction: 75% effaced, 2cm, head very low, mucus plug lost

Worst part of induction: The pain...I was having contractions before the induction and they were a lot worse, at least they were for me.

And for a bright side, best part of induction: I knew I was going to meet my Sugar Bear sometime that day!

Anything else you'd like to add: I was so uncomfortable at the end of mine that I asked for an induction. Our apartment is on the third floor and it was becoming very difficult to climb the stairs. I had an epidural. I didn't want one the whole time I was pregnant, too scared and wanted to try without it. I went in at 3am to start the process and got the Pitocin around 4a. I lasted without the Epidural until 11a...I started getting snippy with DH....  I wish I would have had it from the beginning because we played cards, I took a nap, watched a couple funny movies and I was well rested before I had to push.
  • Options
    Was it your 1st, 2nd, etc. child: 2nd
    Total length of induction process: 6hrs
    Did induction start at night or early morning:  mid afternoon
    How far progressed were you prior to induction: 2cm 50% efaced -2 station
    Worst part of induction:  nothing
    And for a bright side, best part of induction: got to meet my little man :)
    Anything else you'd like to add:  Induction was fairly easy. I would recommend getting the epidural. It helped alot with the pain.  
  • Options

Was it successful or did it end in CS: successful vaginal delivery

Total length of induction process: 36 long hours!!

Did induction start at night or early morning: night

How far progressed were you prior to induction: 1 1/2 cm, 50% effaced

Worst part of induction: not eating!

And for a bright side, best part of induction: Knowing when I was going to the hospital to have the baby rather then waiting for contractions to start in order to know I was in labor because I had no idea how contractions felt like. I had gestational diabetes so I had a scheduled induction before my due date.

Anything else you'd like to add: When you get induced, it can take up to 3 days before you're in active labor. That was something I did not know. AND if induction doesn't work they can send you home and have you come back to be induced AGAIN!!!
  • Options

Was it successful or did it end in CS: Successful vaginal delivery.

Total length of induction process: 12 hours

Did induction start at night or early morning: Morning. I had to be there at 8 am. Pitocin started at 9:30 am.

How far progressed were you prior to induction: 4 cm

Worst part of induction: Umm... I don't really have anything to compare it to, but it was relatively easy.

And for a bright side, best part of induction: I got to have my OB there instead of a random on call doc.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #1: 6.26.12 EDD: 2.11.13 missed m/c: 7.31.12 @ 12 weeks
    BFP #2: 10.1.12 EDD: 6.11.13 Born 6.13.13
    photo 2546f8b6-17f6-4b55-b007-93a547c620b8.jpg

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Was it your 1st, 2nd, etc. child:  1stWas it successful or did it end in CS:  CSTotal length of induction process:  37hrsDid induction start at night or early morning: I was 41 weeks, Cervidil was placed at 7pm, and a second time at 6am due to minimal progress. Piticin was started at 7pm on the second night and water was broken. I was still at 4cm 36hrs later and DS still was at -2 station so we decided a c section was needed.How far progressed were you prior to induction: fingertip dialatedWorst part of induction: Having to stay in bed after getting the cervidil placed, it seemed counter productive to me and was uncomfortable and difficult to sleepAnd for a bright side, best part of induction: I developed hypertension post delivery and my platlets were dropping, both signs my placenta was starting to degrade so even though ended in csection, things could have gone downhill fast if we had waited longer.Anything else you'd like to add:I think sometimes you just have to go with the flow even if you have your heart set on a vag delivery. Having a healthy baby takes the sting out of it. Good luck!!! 
    nate and teddy
    Me 41 DH 46  Not actively ttc, surprise BFP on 1/6/11! 4/1/11 m/c our sunshine at 16wks after complications from CVS test. TTC #2 **5th cycle 12/6/11 BFP! Missed m/c at 9 weeks 1/21/12, trisomy 14. Two Chemical PG 3/12&7/12
    ** BFP 8/16/12 beta #1 148! beta#2 407 beta #3 4000 u/s 9.10 1 lovely hb 126, Baby Boy is due 04/28/13!!

• Options
    1st child
    Successful induction
    Due to not being dilated at all I went in the night before my induction for cervidal. They removed it the next morning at 5am, let me shower and I got to eat some toast. Then at 7am started pitocin. Delivrered at 5pm, so I only say 10hrs.

The worst part was the beginning since I was progressibg slow. There was a chance my OB was goig to send me home. So that fear was the worst for me. Esp since DH had a business trip that he couldnt push off farther 10 days after LO came home so a failed induction was mt worst fear. I didny want to have DH home even less before his trip.

The best part of the induction was being able to plan/prepare at work and at home. I didnt feel like anything was left half finished.
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    Was it your 1st, 2nd, etc. child: 1st Was it successful or did it end in CS: successful Total length of induction process: 10 hrs or 11 Did induction start at night or early morning: night How far progressed were you prior to induction: 3cm Worst part of induction: Everything was good until my epidural wore off on one side for two hours. And for a bright side, best part of induction: Knowing what was going to happen and everything. Anything else you'd like to add:
                              Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicphoto r0614p_zpsojhlssmw.gif
                            Anniversary
                           BFP#1- April 24th. M/c-April 30th. BFP#2-September 11th. EDD: May 25th. 
                                      It's a girl!!! (: Madison arrived on May 19th at 6:35 am (:
                                                               * July '15 January siggy challenge.*
  • Options
    Was it your 1st, 2nd, etc. child: first child

Was it successful or did it end in CS: ended in CS

Total length of induction process: 15 hours

Did induction start at night or early morning: morning

How far progressed were you prior to induction: 2cm

Worst part of induction: the pain medicine, having to get a c-section :(  I had really hoped he would come on his own and I would have a normal birth.

And for a bright side, best part of induction: well my son had started to pass meconium in utero it was actually necessary

Anything else you'd like to add: at the end of the day I'm glad he's out!
  • Options
    Was it your 1st, 2nd, etc. child: my first
    Was it successful or did it end in CS: vaginal delivery
    Total length of induction process: got Cervidil at 9 pm on a Tuesday night, delivered at 12:05 p, the next day... So about 15 hours
    Did induction start at night or early morning: I went in Tuesday night for Cervidil at 9:00 pm. I was supposed to start pitocin at 5:00 Wednesday morning, but my water broke and I went into labor around 2:15 am
    How far progressed were you prior to induction: I was 41 weeks and only 1 cm dilated, if that. After getting the Cervidil, I woke up with contractions and my water broke at 2:15 am. I was still at 1 cm. they didn't check me again for a few hours, and at that point I was already 4 cm, so I got the epidural. Things progressed really quickly from there.
    Worst part of induction: horrible painful contractions and having to wait for the epidural
    And for a bright side, best part of induction: The moment that we scheduled it, knowing that I was FINALLY going to meet my baby... It was the best feeling ever! Plus you can get to the hospital and get settled in calmly. And they place the IV and everything so you are ready to go before anything happens. I don't know how people ride to the hospital while in labor!
    Anything else you'd like to add: good luck! I'm the end, it really doesn't even matter how your baby is born because once you hold that baby, nothing. else. matters.
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Was it your 1st, 2nd, etc. child: my first

Was it successful or did it end in CS: vaginal delivery

Total length of induction process: got Cervidil at 9 pm on a Tuesday night, delivered at 12:05 p, the next day... So about 15 hours

Did induction start at night or early morning: I went in Tuesday night for Cervidil at 9:00 pm. I was supposed to start pitocin at 5:00 Wednesday morning, but my water broke and I went into labor around 2:15 am

How far progressed were you prior to induction: I was 41 weeks and only 1 cm dilated, if that. After getting the Cervidil, I woke up with contractions and my water broke at 2:15 am. I was still at 1 cm. they didn't check me again for a few hours, and at that point I was already 4 cm, so I got the epidural. Things progressed really quickly from there.

Worst part of induction: horrible painful contractions and having to wait for the epidural

And for a bright side, best part of induction: The moment that we scheduled it, knowing that I was FINALLY going to meet my baby... It was the best feeling ever! Plus you can get to the hospital and get settled in calmly. And they place the IV and everything so you are ready to go before anything happens. I don't know how people ride to the hospital while in labor!

Anything else you'd like to add: good luck! I'm the end, it really doesn't even matter how your baby is born because once you hold that baby, nothing. else. matters.

Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Options
    Was it your 1st, 2nd, etc. child: 2nd; my first one was a 26 week preemie!

Was it successful or did it end in CS: ended in CS

Total length of induction process: 13 hours

Did induction start at night or early morning: early morning-it was scheduled when I hit 39 weeks and had little progress; I ended up having it at 39w4d, but I was given a choice to go to 41w. I chose not to do it because of GD

How far progressed were you prior to induction: 75% effaced, 4cm dilated which is what it was the week before

Worst part of induction: I couldn't feel the pushing so it was hard to do a vaginal delivery even if I could have delivered that way. I ended up with a CS because every time I pushed, DD would resist and move back. Also, OB said that the way my pelvis was too narrow and her head might possibly be too big and so there was a chance she could go into distress. After I delivered, MFM came to visit me and she said that she knew I would most likely have a CS because of that if I went full term. I am glad she never told me that just because I would have been freaking out about needing one.

And for a bright side, best part of induction: I did not want to wait until 41 weeks to get induced because I had GD so I am glad I was given the option; I would not have done it earlier than 39 weeks unless medically necessary.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"