VBAC

My Crazy VBAC!

lovesjmlovesjm member
Hello ladies, First, thanks to all of you who have provided me with wisdom, knowledge and encouragement! I credit much of my confidence to the stories I've read here. I started having contractions around 1am, but they were maybe 30-60 minutes apart and no biggie. At around 9 they were still really mild but coming every couple minutes and lasting 30 seconds or so. I called the MW, she said to call her with an update around 2pm. My DD took 30 hours so I was in no hurry, even though the hospital was 1.5 hours away (we live in a really small town). around 11:30 things started getting really real, and fast. All of a sudden I felt like we should leave and so I made some calls and we packed up and left home at 12:00. I hit what I now recognize was transition pretty much as soon as we started driving... 30 minutes later my water broke and I felt I needed to push. Called the MW and she agreed, suggesting we try to drive the 15 or so miles to a town with a little clinic. We got to the clinic and here's the only doctor, running across the parking lot! They take me inside and I pushed for about 30 minutes at which point the ambulance arrived. They loaded me up and the Dr and the RN who had been there came along. Our son was born 15 minutes later, all 9lbs 10oz of him, barreling 90 miles an hour down the highway! We arrived at the hospital around 2:00, got cleaned up and stitched up (i had what was probably an unnecessary episiotomy, but i wasnt about to argue with a nervous Dr who hadn't delivered since the 90s!) and were home by 8 that night! It was the craziest day of my life, I am still in disbelief, but feel great! It was totally worth it to VBAC. Thank you all again for sharing your stories, and I am rooting for all of you who are waiting to meet your babies....can't wait to hear your stories too!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: My Crazy VBAC!

• Wow! What an incredible story! Congrats on your baby and on your VBAC experience!
    Pregnancy Ticker

M/C #2 - October 2016
    MMC #1 - April 2016

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Wow!  That's a crazy story, but awesome!  I'm so glad it worked out so well for you.  Congrats!
    imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Congratulations! Can I ask how many weeks/days you were? What a great story.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Congrats!! What a crazy birth!
    BFP#1 11/10* DS Born via Cesarean 7/11* BFP#2 EDD 1/31/14 *M/C 6/13* BFP #3 RCS 3/14/14
    Brothers!
    "I wish that I could bake a cake, made out of rainbows and smiles. And we would all eat it and be happy." 
  • Congrats!!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Congratulations!  That is a crazy birth!  I'm glad you got your VBAC!  Enjoy your little one!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Jing22Jing22 member
    Congratulations!!!  Fantastic story.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Great you just lived my fear of what could happen if I VBAC since I have to go out of our area to do so.  Though I won't have quite as far of a drive.  

Can I ask why you opted to leave the hospital the same day?
  • That's wild! What a great birth, though crazy! There was no question your baby was coming out.
  • Thanks everyone.... I was 38&5. I expected to go early, but not that early! We went home because I felt great, and we got a better rest in our own bed than we would have in the hospital. Our MW is really great about checking in on us, so we feel very well cared for at home :)
  • skioskio member
    Amazing! Congratulations!
    imagePregnancy Ticker
  • Thanks for sharing your crazy story! You are so brave! I am praying for a successful VBAC end of December/ beginning of January! Thanks again for your story and support! I needed to hear it tonight!
  • Congratulations! Sounds like a wild ride!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Wow, so glad you had a good experience even with all that stress and drama! We are traveling 2 hours for ours, and my DH is terrified that baby will be born on route...nice to know it can still happen and everything can be fine! Congrats!
    image BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Congratulations! That is one crazy birth story!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"