Parenting after a Loss
Options

6 week f/u & Lovenox questions

I had my 6 week follow up today.  My OB and I discussed my IUGR at length, as well as reviewed my test results.  She's pretty confident that my Raynaud's either caused or was at least related to the IUGR.  When/if I get pregnant again, I will have to take daily injections of Lovenox.  I remember a lot of ladies on PgAL taking it, and I was wondering if you would share some of your experiences with it.  We aren't looking at TTC for at least a year, but I'm curious.

Re: 6 week f/u & Lovenox questions

• Options
    Thanks!  I really like your calendar idea!  I would definitely be the type to freak out about whether or not I took my shot for that day.  My OB said I would only have to take it if I get pregnant again and only until a few weeks before delivery.   
  • Options
    mkc5869 said:
    That is pretty normal. Most women start it once they find out they are pregnant and don't need it near the end. I have Protein C deficiency and have had clots before and got one during my last pregnancy while on a low dose of lovenox so they don't want me to get pregnant without it. 
    Ah, I see.  I have Raynaud's which is an autoimmune disorder than affects circulation.  My OB thinks this hindered blood flow in my placenta, causing IUGR.  So basically the Lovenox would make it easier for blood to flow and thus correct the problem.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"