Cincinnati Babies
Options

We started on the cereal.

Ayden LOVES his cereal. He knew just what to do it was so funny. He just keeps on smackin his gums. Kellen is such a big help when feeding him. He wants to be right there when we do and he gets to help. When he does he flys the "plane" and has a crash landing all equipped with side effects/noises. haha The only thing is he doesn't seem to be getting it fast enough. How long did you feed DC cereal once a day before you switched to twice a day? Also, how long did you have them on cereal before you started purees? Do you continue to give the cereal and then offer the purees at a different time of day? Will making the cereal alittle thicker help with not getting it fast enough? I wouldn't think so. Right now I mix 1 tbsp of rice cereal with a little over 1 oz of formula. All advice welcomed =) Thanks so much!!

Re: We started on the cereal.

• Options

It must be great to have a little helper around to assist in the messy job of feeding an infant!

We actually gave Nora purees from the beginning and then added some rice cereal to them. Nora wouldn't eat the cereal.  I think she went to two "meals" a day around 7 months.

• Options
    I can't remember when we switched to cereal twicea day but I did it based on his cues and what fit into our schedule.  We started with Rice cereal mixed with water (easier this way).  It was also pretty thick.  I could not make it the way the box said b/c it was way to runny!  We then did oatmeal and started on purees.  DS has loved them.  We started the cereals at 4 months and purees at 5 months.  Good luck in the joys of feeding him cereal :-)
    Our kids are 19mths apart and we LOVE it!!

Married to my BFF on 8.13.05 (after dating 5 years)!

DS born 2.14.08. DD born 9.30.09.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Our pedi told us to do cereal 2x a day (morn and night) and add purees at lunch once we'd tried rice and barley. We haven't quite worked up to that yet though. Some days she only tries her new veg, some days I get in all the cereal feedings.  :-)  We did the cereals first, then moved to carrots, then I made acorn squash, now sweet potato. She LOVES sweet potato.  We're going to try applesauce this week and avocado.  So much fun!

image Ready to rumble.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"