February 2011 Moms
Options

Big Breasted/Heavy Chested...please come in ;)

What kind of support are you going to be wearing during labor? I certainly do not want these big girls flopping around for however many hours I will be in labor because I find it to be uncomfortable when they are not supported. I'd love to wear a sports bra, but I am going to BF. So, I guess the options would be nursing tank, nursing bra or sleep nursing bra??
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Big Breasted/Heavy Chested...please come in ;)

• Options
    I'll probably get one of those sleep/nursing bras to wear while I'm in labor and at the hospital. It's not a lot of support, but better than nothing and will be easy to nurse in right away after the baby is born. If I can't find one of those I like, I'll be looking for a nursing sports bra.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I'll probably wear a nursing sleep bra. It is not very supportive but wires annoy me sometimes and the last thing I need is to be annoyed while in labor.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I have two sports bra style nursing bras and that is what I will have on.

I definitely wouldn't feel like there is enough support in my sleep nursing bra for the work required during labor.  And I don't have any size specific nursing bras yet because I am fully aware that I could gain a cup size just by my milk coming in.

• Options
    imageEtta07:

I definitely wouldn't feel like there is enough support in my sleep nursing bra for the work required during labor.  And I don't have any size specific nursing bras yet because I am fully aware that I could gain a cup size just by my milk coming in.

What brand is the sports bra and wear did you get it? TIA.

• Options
    They do make nursing sports bras so you could still wear a sports bra and b/f. I'll see if I can find the store I saw them at and post the link for you. I prefer sports bras too and am planning to b/f as well so I was happy to find that they have them.
  • Options
    Ok I found them. walmart.com has them for as little as $10. The brand is Bestform. Just go to their website, click on baby, go to maternity, and then go to intimates nursing. Not sure if you even shop at Wal-Mart but thought I would let you know about them. Also, motherhoodmaternity.com has them as well and they have buy 3 get 1 free right now. They are a little more pricey than walmart though. hope this helps. 
  • Options
    I'm going to be using a nursing sports bra that I got from BRU on sale for $9.00. I had to get it in an extra large but I've been wearing it now and its super comfortable. No wires poking you, and you get the support you need to feel comfortable. 
    lilypie First Birthday tickers
    image image
    MY BLOG A Stay At Home Moms Search For All Things Sensational
  • Options

I absolutely can NOT go without wearing a bra, so I have a sleep nursing bra and then I have a nursing bra with underwire that I LOVE. I'm planning to wear one of those for sure!

BFP # 1 - 12/19/09 EDD 08/27/10 - D&C 1/26/10 @ 9w5d

BFP # 2 - 06/05/10 EDD 02/17/11, DS1 born on 2/14/11

BFP # 3 - 04/10/13 EDD 12/21/13 - D&C 05/15/13 @ 8w4d

BFP # 4 - 07/27/13 EDD 04/08/14 - CP 07/29/13

BFP # 5 - 09/14/13 EDD 05/28/14, DS2 born on 5/22/14 

• Options

imageTempus:
    Ok I found them. walmart.com has them for as little as $10. The brand is Bestform. Just go to their website, click on baby, go to maternity, and then go to intimates nursing. Not sure if you even shop at Wal-Mart but thought I would let you know about them. Also, motherhoodmaternity.com has them as well and they have buy 3 get 1 free right now. They are a little more pricey than walmart though. hope this helps. 

Thank you very much!

• Options

imagesmallysmallz04:
    I'm going to be using a nursing sports bra that I got from BRU on sale for $9.00. I had to get it in an extra large but I've been wearing it now and its super comfortable. No wires poking you, and you get the support you need to feel comfortable. 

THANKS!

• Options
    Will they let you wear something under your hospital gown?  I was assuming that you  have to be completely naked?
  • Options

I'm a 36G and have had a challenging time finding a good nursing bra (although I can't say I've exhausted all sources).  I've already got sports bras for working out - these are fantastic and the first sports bra I've ever been able to get without an underwire that work: https://www.barenecessities.com/Anita-Maximum-Control-Extreme-Control-No-Wire-Sports-Bra_product_Anita5527_,search,36G.htm

I'm hoping to do a little shower an tub laboring and plan to wear my sports bra through that.  I'll have two packed for labor - the two extras just came in the mail yesterday (I've got two mroe that I cycle through for workouts).

I've never been able to do S, M, L, XL type sizes due to the cup/band size disparity from "normal" - the lack of band support makes sports bras without a specific band size useless.

BFP #1 - 2/5/2010 - c/p 2/9/2010, BFP #2 - 6/20/2010 - DD Born 2/26/2011, BFP #3 - 9/13/2012 - c/p 9/20/2012, BFP #4 - 11/11/2012 - betas: 53 on 11/13, 115 on 11/15, 8069 on 11/26 - u/s shows 127 bpm! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    You're welcome.
  • Options
    imagebunnie712:

I'm a 36G and have had a challenging time finding a good nursing bra (although I can't say I've exhausted all sources).  I've already got sports bras for working out - these are fantastic and the first sports bra I've ever been able to get without an underwire that work: https://www.barenecessities.com/Anita-Maximum-Control-Extreme-Control-No-Wire-Sports-Bra_product_Anita5527_,search,36G.htm

I'm hoping to do a little shower an tub laboring and plan to wear my sports bra through that.  I'll have two packed for labor - the two extras just came in the mail yesterday (I've got two mroe that I cycle through for workouts).

I've never been able to do S, M, L, XL type sizes due to the cup/band size disparity from "normal" - the lack of band support makes sports bras without a specific band size useless.

Wow. They definitely look super comfortable, but out of the price range I am willing to spend on a bra. ;)

• Options
    imagechristinaim:
    imageEtta07:

What brand is the sports bra and wear did you get it? TIA.

Sorry such a delayed response, but I just got them from Motherhood Maternity.

• Options
    At BRU I found a sports-bra type of nursing bra that I will be wearing. And it's VERY comfortable!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"