Houston Babies
Options

Poll: funny things your toddler says

Truitt has been talking up a storm lately and is coming out with some of the funniest stuff. We all know the old saying "out of the mouths of babes."

So, what has your babe said lately that made you giggle?

Re: Poll: funny things your toddler says

• Options

Alex is always saying funny stuff, but of course I can't think of any great examples now!  lol

The other day I was on the phone with a friend and we were making plans to get together.  I said to her that DH might have my car so "you might need to come pick me up."

Then we hung up and Alex said "Mommy, I can come pick you up."  Then he walked over and tried to physically pick me up off the floor!  LOL

Mom to Alex - 8.29.06, Foster - 1.22.09, Emily - 6.24.11 imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

My IL's have been here since Christmas Eve, Ellarie has decided to name my MIL papa, and my FIL beans. I have no clue why she calls FIL beans but it cracks me up everytime.

Also a couple of days ago at the hospital DH was holding Both kids on his lap and Max was having a serious case of gas. Ellarie looks at DH and says "He's a farter". She said very loud and all the nurses were laughing.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Mark was lying on Mia's bed earlier and Mia was just appalled.  She said:

"No, no Daddy!  That not daddy's bed.  That mia's bed.  Daddy sleep in mommy's bed."

I thought it was hilarious that she was able to string that much together and that Mark doesn't have a bed... he just gets to share mine.

She also loves to talk to the baby, who she is convinced is a girl.  She'll tell her* to "grow, baby so you can come out and play!"  And to "stop kicking me, i sit on mommy"

(sadly, for mia, she's been wrong for every other baby born lately... I hope she won't be too disappointed if this baby turns out to be a boy...)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageM&M614:

I thought it was hilarious that she was able to string that much together and that Mark doesn't have a bed... he just gets to share mine.

My husband doesn't have a bed or a room either!  He just shares mine according to Alex.
    One night Alex was laying in my bed with me and DH tried to get in and Alex said "No, daddy!  I'm laying in mommy's bed"  DH said "well, where am I supposed to sleep?"  And Alex, without hesitation, said "At Steve's house?"  (Steve is DH's friend)  LOL

Mom to Alex - 8.29.06, Foster - 1.22.09, Emily - 6.24.11 imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

As I was trying on clothes she announced to the whole dressing room "mama's heiny" in her loudest voice.

When she wants to be picked up, she holds up her arms and says "hold you", SO sweet.

- Jena
  • Options

Kendall says so many hilarious things....

one, she's been singing all sorts of Christmas carols this year...one of her favorites being "Santa Claus is coming 2 times" (instead of "to town").

Another funny one is kitty food....it comes out sounding like "killy pood".

And she likes to call my husband and I by our real first names....she thinks it's neat that we have names besides Mommy & Daddy.

hee hee

Kids are fun!

• Options

Thought of a couple more...

Mia sings "Happy Day to You" instead of Happy birthday.  So cute!  I love a happy day.

She also loves singing the Dora song.  As in the Dora theme song.  But today she was singing it: Daddy, daddy, daddy... DADDY! 

Oh, and the other day she picked up her backpack:

Her:  "Bye-bye mama, I go to dance class now"
    Me:  "Oh!  Where is dance class?"
    Her:  (with a look of utter disdain) "Mia's room"
    She proceeds to go into her room and have this conversation with herself:  "Mia put on shoes, Mia streeeeetch.  Stretch up, down."  And then she turned on her music from her music table and danced.

And I have never, ever, ever told her what happens at a dance class.  Scouts honor.  Weird!

• Options

maddy is still mostly a babbler, so she doesn't say *that* much.

but tonight dh was changing her poopy diaper and he took it off and she goes "EEEEEWWWW!"

• Options

DH, my mom, Avery and I were at Costco yesterday and it was sooo cold outside.  I was trying to help load the car while mom was buckling Avery in, but I was apparently complaining about the cold, so DH kept telling me to "Get in the car, Harmony."  After hearing this a few times, Avery peeks around and yells "Get in car, Mommmmmy."  It was freaking hilarious.  Her first sentence and it was yelling at me.  Nice.

imageimage
    Pics by Fleurish Imagery
  • Options

I thought of a few more, too.

Kendall enjoys playing with water in the tub--pouring it from one container into another, adjusting the hot & cold water, pouring water over head...all coinciding with imaginative play scenerios. Her most recent one is saying "I'm trying to do my job" as she's pouring the water over her various body parts.

She also asks me, when I get home from a wedding "how'd your weddin' go, mom?"....it's so sweet!

She says so many funny things....I can't even remember them all.

• Options
    imagekjr:
    imageM&M614:

My husband doesn't have a bed or a room either!  He just shares mine according to Alex.
    One night Alex was laying in my bed with me and DH tried to get in and Alex said "No, daddy!  I'm laying in mommy's bed"  DH said "well, where am I supposed to sleep?"  And Alex, without hesitation, said "At Steve's house?"  (Steve is DH's friend)  LOL

LOL!!!  that's hilarious.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Bar B Q!  I have no idea where she got it from. 
    Lisa. mommy to Emmy and Ally image
  • Options

He just started naming people- men are Daddy, women are Mommy, etc. ?So, today when we were leaving a restaurant, he ran up to a much younger man and shouted, "Daddy". ?The guy just looked at me. ?He did the same thing to our neighbor. ?

Also, he will ask, "Where'd it go" about EVERYTHING. ?And when you say i dont know, he looks at you and says, "Home". ?Little things, I know, but it really shows you their personalities. ?

?My other favorite is when you ask him what kind of juice he wants he says Blue. ?Dont know what that means, but he likes his blue juice!?

• Options

Anytime DH makes up a song he will sing it loudly to amuse anyone within listening distance. A few weeks ago he was doing this and Jakob ran in and said, "HUSH!" Both DH and I did a double take and started cracking up. Now Jakob thinks it's hilarious so anytime anyone/anything is loud he'll tell them to hush.... Last week we were in Target where a toddler was throwing a huge tantrum. As we passed by Jakob looked sternly at the child and yelled, "HUSH BABY!" The toddler hesitated and the mom looked shocked. I gave her a sheepish look and hurried away and then cracked up. :)

MIL said that the other day he was walking around with their cordless phone babbling away. When she asked him who he was talking to, he said, "Mama phone." Then she asked him what I was saying and he shrugged his shoulders and gave her an I-don't-know look and went on to talking.

• Options

I don't know if anyone is still reading this string but...

Maddie loves to sing.  She sings "twinkle twinkle" but it goes, "tinkle tinkle little whore."  She sings a lullaby I sing to her but shortens it from "go to sleep, go to sleep, go to sleep little Maddie" to "go to sleep, go to sleep, go to bed now maddie."  and then there is "jing-o bez, jing-o bez, jing-o ah da waaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy."  Of course tinkle tinkle little whore is a crowd favorite.

Also she rides in her car seat in the middle of the back seat and when we stop at a light or stop sign she says, "GO CAR, GOOOOOOOOO!!!" with such anger like she is about to have serious road rage.  Don't have a clue where she gets that...

"If you can't say something nice, shut the hell up!"
    - Paula Deen to 104.1 KRBE's Producer Eric 9/17/2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"