TTC after 35
Options

PCOS?

Hi - I've never been on this board before. I'm a frequent lurker on parenting, and I was hoping to get some help. Is anyone dealing with PCOS? I had an ultrasound last week, after going to the GYN complaining about irregular periods, being very hormonal, gaining weight, depression, etc. The nurse called me today and said it looks like I do have it from the ultrasound. They started my on oral contraceptives two weeks ago. The doctor is supposed to call me tomorrow to discuss, and I'm not even really sure what kind of things to ask him. Where to start?

Re: PCOS?

• Options

I assume you are TTC?

You should see an RE - do not do fertility treatments with an OB... they often just dole out clomid- which can be dangerous if not monitored... and should only be done for a couple cycles *my RE only does 3.

my full success PCOS story is at the end of my bio - for #1.

we are currently pg with twins after TTc#2 - doing the same protocol with te RE (metformin, clomid, trigger and IUI).

There is more to PCOS than just polycystic ovaries- it can involve many (or few) other symptoms.... www.soulcysters.com has a lot of great info.

page me on pg after 35 if you need to chat! ;)

Gail

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"