2nd Trimester
Options

Non-coffee drinker craving coffee! Ahh!

So, I've never been a coffee drinker - occassionally I will have a Pumpkin Spice Latte near the holidays - but that's maybe 3 or 4 a year.  Recently, I am craving coffee...gotta have it!  What's the "OK" amount of coffee to drink?  I don't drink caffeine sodas either so I've never paid much attention before because it didn't affect me. 

Re: Non-coffee drinker craving coffee! Ahh!

• Options
    2 cups a day is fine. You can always drink decaf!
  • Options
    It's up to you how much you do or don't drink. ?Most OB's will say one or two cups a day, so one or two "tall" sizes from Starbucks, of regular coffee. ?Of course if you get the mixed stuff, the coffee content may be less. ?You can always find out how many mg. of caffeine is in Starbucks coffee (and other drinks) online. ?My doc said anything is fine, in moderations. ?Most doc's will say no more than approx. 200mg. of caffeine a day.
    Chad and Emily - 10/28/06 Abigail Suzanne - 1/6/09 Corbin David - 11/6/12
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

That's so funny. I've been craving it for the last couple weeks too. I just stick to decaf, but they say 2 cups a day is fine.

image Don't argue with idiots, they bring you down to their level then beat you with experience. - Mrs. G
  • Options
    I had the same craving a few weeks back! I had decaf.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    2 cups a day or so is fine...but thats for the stuff you make at home or you have at the office.  starbucks drinks usually have a higher caff content so i would check their website and if i drink something from there, that is my only caff. intake for the day. 
    DS - June 2009
    DD - February 2011
  • Options
    Because I put so much of my Pumpkin Spice creamer in a cup of coffee...I don't know how much caffeine I'm actually taking in (tons of sugar is better than tons of caffeine, right?!?! - J/K)  Thanks for the info ladies :)  It's still quite an effort for a non-coffee-drinker to make a pot so I don't think I'll have more than a cup or two anyway.
  • Options
    What is this "pumpkin spice creamer" of which you speak? Which company makes it? I am intrigued!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• Options
    I'm the same way! I started drinking decaf, or making pots of 1/2 caf 1/2 decaf.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"