Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Patriotic nursery?

I have been collecting a few things even before our BFP. I found this bedding (https://tinyurl.com/6pvmro) but it is way too much $$$!

Anyone else do something along these lines (pics?)? Where else to find bedding like this?  I could always ask my aunt to sew something since I only really need the skirt and curtains, and maybe bumper.

Please tell me all bedding isn't this much money!

Re: Patriotic nursery?

• Options
    Bedding sets are super expensive, and then you don't (or shouldn't) use most of what's in them, anyway.  The quilt/blanket is useless unless you hang it on the wall or something, because it can't be in/on the crib, and bumpers are also a suffocation/SIDS risk that are highly recommended against...so then you end up paying a fortune for sheets and a dust ruffle! lol  We just got solid-colored sheets and dust ruffle for our DD and then bought some of the accents that went with the bedding set we liked: lamp, wall border, wall art, etc.  I think that would be a lot cheaper!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Thank you so much! My searches didn't come up with those, I love the first one!

Reason behind the patriotic idea, Dh and I met in Iraq as contractors. He was Army for 10 years too, and my little brother is Air Force.....we are proud Americans!

Thanks again!

• Options

I love that idea probably because I am OBSESSED with Navy, Red and WHite. Ever since I was a kid I have loved it. My bridesmaids even wore Navy J. Crew dresses with Red shoes and carried red Flowers. I had my wedding band custom made with diamonds, rubies, and sapphries. I just happened to marry a Navy man also! haha. As I start to decorate our house I noticed I still buy everything in those colors. I probably will decorate my nursey in with accessories in those colors too--- girl or boy. I know PBK had stuff a few months ago but that is another place to keep in mind if you have time to look.

• Options
    I think the colors would look great!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"