Infertility
Options

CD 3 high estrogen??? (SAIFW)

I went in for CD3 (it was really CD2) for hormone levels so I can do IVF next month.  My e2 was 161, and it should be 50 or under.  My FSH was normal, but from what I am reading, high estrogen can make FSH appear to be lower than it is.  Has anyone experienced this?  I'm worrying that my egg quality won't be good.
After 2 years and 6 IUIs, we did it with IVF w/ ICSI!
BFP with no treatment!
Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: CD 3 high estrogen??? (SAIFW)

• Options
    You may just be developing a follie early in your cycle. This happened to me before. I would not take it as an indication of bad eggs etc.
  • Options
    Ugh, that sucks... will it delay the cycle?  I don't know what to tell you, I'm just sorry you're dealing with this. :(
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagecaityr:
    You may just be developing a follie early in your cycle. This happened to me before. I would not take it as an indication of bad eggs etc.

I'm hoping this is the case since I ovulate early in my cycle.  Thank you for helping ease my fears.

BFP with no treatment!
  • Options
    The u/s showed no cysts right?  That could explain it easily enough.
  • Options

imagekingwoodgal:
    Ugh, that sucks... will it delay the cycle?  I don't know what to tell you, I'm just sorry you're dealing with this. :(

They said that this won't delay the cycle.  I guess they just want to do more testing to make sure they get the protocol right.  I have to go get some anti-mullerian hormone test done, and they ran a pregnancy test to make sure I'm not pregnant.  I definitely don't think I am, but man, that would be amazing.

BFP with no treatment!
  • Options

imagejcombs:
    The u/s showed no cysts right?  That could explain it easily enough.

They didn't do an ultrasound.  They just wanted to re-run these levels since it had been a while since FSH was checked.  Maybe I should push for this to be done?

BFP with no treatment!
  • Options

I had CD3 bloodwork run in November and also had an estrogen level over 150, FSH was 6.7.  My RE asked that we rerun it during my next cycle.  His reasoning was that if it was still high, it was most likely a cyst that he would diagnose through ultrasound.

My re-run number this month was much lower (58, I think?), FSH was 7.1.  I haven't spoken to him yet to find out what's next.  Like you, I am a little worried.

• Options
    Yeah...I'm surprised...I always have to get a cd3 u/s before starting stimming clomid/femara or injectibles.  I would insiste if I were you.  If you've got a cyst, it needs to be taken care of to have a successful cycle this month.
  • Options

imagejcombs:
    Yeah...I'm surprised...I always have to get a cd3 u/s before starting stimming clomid/femara or injectibles.  I would insiste if I were you.  If you've got a cyst, it needs to be taken care of.

Maybe the reason is that they wanted this done before I started BCPs, not before the stimming.  I'm sure they'll do an ultrasound before stimming starts next month.  

BFP with no treatment!
  • Options
    Well usually the protocol to take care of cysts is BCP.  So don't worry too much about that number...unless its going to bother you this month, then find out.  But I would bet its a cyst.
  • Options

imagejcombs:
    Well usually the protocol to take care of cysts is BCP.  So don't worry too much about that number...unless its going to bother you this month, then find out.  But I would bet its a cyst.

Thank you!

BFP with no treatment!
  • Options
    imageEastCoastGirl*:

I had CD3 bloodwork run in November and also had an estrogen level over 150, FSH was 6.7.  My RE asked that we rerun it during my next cycle.  His reasoning was that if it was still high, it was most likely a cyst that he would diagnose through ultrasound.

My re-run number this month was much lower (58, I think?), FSH was 7.1.  I haven't spoken to him yet to find out what's next.  Like you, I am a little worried.

It sounds like yours this month was just a tad high, so I wouldn't really be worried about that yet.  Mine apparently was 80-something for my injectibles cycle, and they weren't worried about that.  Good luck!  

BFP with no treatment!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"