May 2015 Moms
Options

Am i OCD

Jennmiller1Jennmiller1 member
edited November 2015 in May 2015 Moms
My MIL who has made little to no efforr to see her grandson in the last 6 months jumps on rhe chance to babysit hin. I know it is her grandson but she has made no effott exceptfor family functions and holidays to see him. And they live 40 min a way at most. She also thinks i am controllimg and is always telling me how to raise my son. My husband is hunting tomorrow and i have to work so my in laws are watching him. I am more anxious than i was his first dat if day care. Am i being to OCD??

Re: Am i OCD

• Options
    I completely understand ur anxiety. My ex and his mother have only seen my son once within the first week after he was born. A few weeks later my ex was arrested and sentenced with decent jail time. I haven't heard from him or any of his family until a few days ago. His mother contacted me on fb. That has been it for 6 months. Not a single word. And even though it causes me great anxiety and I have resentment/anger towards him and his mom. My son deserves to know the other half of his family. All I can say is see how it goes. If it goes negatively look into a different babysitter. Ask friends for references. But most likely it will go fine and maybe she will involve herself more in ur sons life. Hoping for the best for u!
  • Options
    I totally understand. I don't trust my inlaws at all with my son. My MIL purposely likes to do things that she knows I wouldn't approve of just to get me going. I don't trust for a second what she would try if I wasn't there.