Baby Names
Options

Boy name suggestions! Help!

Me and SO have had our girl name picked out for a long time (Gwen), but haven't had luck with boy names. For a while we were going with Oliver, and although I still love the name I'm not 100% on it. We want something "normal" but not super common. SO hates unisex names, so that's out too. He suggested Nathan once, which I quickly vetoed but other than that we haven't come up with much.

I suggested Taylor, Harrison, Tucker, Graham, Max, Jamie and all were a big no! Trying to compile a list for him but am having trouble finding names that aren't super trendy.

Suggestions?? Anyone??!!

Re: Boy name suggestions! Help!

• Options
    Max, Graham and Oliver are all great. Some others I like... Silas, Henry, Jasper, Everett, Emmett, Asher, Kellen, Simon, Owen, Miles
  • Options
    Trent
    Dominic
    Patrick
    Phillip
    Edward
    Edwin
    Calvin
    Micah
    Marshall
    Russell
    Jude
    Nolan
    Vincent
    Reid
    Malcolm
    Roman
    Garrett
    Oscar
    Jonas
    Byron
    Tyler
    Gavin
    Ian
    Isaiah
    Elliott

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    These are great! thanks ladies!!!
  • Options
    I love Nathan.

Other suggestions:
    Asher
    Brandon
    Calvin
    Caleb
    Gavin
    Kyle
    Logan
    Owen
    Phillip
    Tristan
    Wesley

Daisypath Anniversary tickers   
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Some that I liked but DH vetoed or we couldn't use since they're already taken by close family/friends...
    Devin
    Colin/Collin
    Christopher
    Nicholas
    Dominic
    Calvin

• Options
    ZimgerZimger member
    I can pull boy names out of my hat all day long.

Paul
    Asa
    Jonas
    Warren
    Louis
    Quentin
    Sebastian
    Vaughn

More common but hear less of these days:

David
    Ryan
    Spencer

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I love Nathan with nn Nate.

Grant
    Gabriel (Gabe)
    Isaac
    Ian
    Bryce
    Reid
    Miles
  • Options
    He has now opened his options to Oliver and Wyatt. That's it. I like them both, but I only have two options??!!!?? Sheesh!!!
  • Options
    Tell him he has a week to come up with 20 names to add to the discussion. He can't veto everything if he doesn't give some ideas

• Options
    ^^ exactly!! I was really excited about Jude when I read it on here, and his response "sounds weird". Like what???!!!!
  • Options
    Sassenach1743Sassenach1743 member
    edited July 2015
    Definitely Oliver over Wyatt. And, I agree that your husband needs to contribute! For every name he vetoes, he must suggest one in its place!

Also love Jude, Silas, Isaac, Reid, Rhys, Sebastian, Vaughn, Malcolm, Patrick, Devon, and Christopher.
    Vive Les Frasers
    Related image

Anniversary
  • Options
    CGlessCGless member
    Well I have a Wyatt, Everett and this baby will be Gwen. So maybe our taste is similar.

Other names on our boy list were Theodore, Avery, Alistair and Thatcher.

I like Oliver nn Ollie or Iver.
  • Options
    @CGless lol! He added Emmett to the list (similar to Everett) so I guess tastes are verrrrryyy similar!! hoping for a girl so we can just call her Gwen and don't have to argue over boys names!
  • Options
    4N6s4N6s member
    Nathaniel. Everett. Rhett. Quinn. Xavier. Alexander. Vincent. Vance. Phillip. Julian. Garrett.