Infertility
Options

Transfer Tomorrow

Hi ladies... I am going in for my first IVF transfer tomorrow! I am super excited and a little bit nervous! Yesterday I got my update call from my fertility clinic about my embryos-- we have 10 that looks good still (which is how many were fertilized). At Day 3 cell division was between 6 cells to 8 cells for 7 embryos and 3 embryos were "more advanced" and had more than 8 cells! They told me this is good news so hopefully that means this will work. I really really want them to put in 2 embryos but my doctor keeps saying it's not necessary since I am 28... Either way though, I'm gonna try one last stitch effort tomorrow to talk him into transferring 2! :) any advice on the transfer?!?

Re: Transfer Tomorrow

• Options
    jdl330jdl330 member
    Congratulations on such a big day tomorrow!  I really wish you the best of luck. I want to caution you about putting two embryos in though. I have a neighbor who ended up having triplets because one of her eggs split. She had a crazy pregnancy and the babies wanted to come out at 21 weeks, but the doctors were able to keep them from being born until 27 weeks. They are all healthy now, but the mom said she has 3 other friends that had the same thing happen to them when they put two embryos in during their transfer. 

That being said, I am not going through IVF currently so I just wanted you to tell you what I've seen from an outsider's perspective. I also realize that I don't know the feelings that you are going through and your fertility journey, so I think you should do what's best and more importantly, safe, for you.  Good luck tomorrow and keep us updated! :) 
  • Options
    Thanks @jenniferlynn330! I know it's a risk that the eggs could split and then cause triples or more...that being said, I'd rather have 4 at once than none at all which is where my struggle begins... I will see what the doctor says tomorrow and go with what they think is best! Thanks for the encouragement :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm more on your side, we pushed for two with both our transfers, the first transfer they argued with us a bit but did agree. Only one took and it did split however, our doctors were very surprised as they very rarely split in ivf cases. Unfortunately, we did lose that pregnancy and did a fet months later, again with 2 embryos. This time, both took and did not split! We are very excited to have two beans growing strong at 11w1d. The process is so expensive and physically, mentally and emotionally grueling that I feel blessed to have 2 right away. Make sure you read up tonight on the risks and issues with having multiples, as you'll probably be considered high risk your whole pregnancy.

My suggestions for the actual transfer are pretty simple. I know it's stressful but try to have fun with it. Joke around with whoever you're bringing with you. I mean, normals people have fun while conceiving so why not us? I'd also have a movie marathon picked out and ready in the bedroom for when you get home. And if you can afford it, take the next day off and easy too. After both of mine I was still a but sore after and walked funny.

After this, the real fun part begins with the 2ww! I'd try to schedule as much stuff as I could in there to keep my mind off of it- shopping, ball games, dinner with friends that know what I'm struggling through. And try your hardest not to over analyze every single symptom, especially if you are on any estrogen or progesterone.

Good luck! Keep us posted. Fx for sticky bean/s.
  • Options
    good-luck! i hope all went well for you today!!
    Me (42) w/ partner for 16+ years
    TTC #1: 11/2012 - 9/2013; 6/2014 - present
    Follistim + TI (3x): All BFNs
    Follistim + IUI (1x): BFN 
    IVF #1: 17 retrieved,15 fertilized, Day 3: 15, Day 5/6: 3 biopsied
    Result; 1 frozen blast (inconclusive PGS results)
    IVF #2; ER: 6/22 16 retrieved, 6/25: 5 transferred (CP), 2 frozen
    FET 9/17: BFN
    Current FET -- Transferred 2 day-3 embryos - BFN

• Options
    Good luck! I'm not at this stage yet but I feel that I would want two implanted if that was possible as I would be happy with more rather than none. However I am older and mine will be with egg donation, so a different perspective. I hope it all goes well.
  • Options
    jnissajnissa member
    You know, I will say this. Frozen transfers are starting to get more successful, so you're not losing as much (if anything, at some clinics frozen transfers are *more* successful) by holding off on some embryos. I remember very vividly the first time I did IVF. And I emailed all of the women I knew who had done IVF. And both of the women who had twins were ADAMANT that I should only put one it at first. They talked a lot about how hard multiples are and how many marriages actually break up over them. 

I didn't listen to them and put in three. I got one baby and was SO GLAD that it didn't end up more. This time around, we're only going to transfer one at a time because I can't imagine having to care for twins. 

Only you know what's right for you. But you're pretty young and have time and chances left. I might listen to your RE on this one!
    Me: 41, DH 38, Diagnosis DOR
    Started TTC 12/2013
    First Trip to RE: 11/2014
    IVF Round 1: 2/2014 - BFP
    DD Born 11/9/2014
    TTC a Sibling Started 5/2015
    First IVF Round 8/15 - BFN
    Taking a break to go on vacation + enjoy the holidays before FET and/or another IVF round in 2016!

• Options
    Thanks for all the support everyone... Transfer was yesterday and we did just one little embryo! I'm happy with the decision. I still would like multiples but if this one embryo splits then I know it was meant to be that I got twins from the one we put in. The transfer itself went well so I'm hoping that it is currently attaching and doing well. Trying to stay positive over the next 2 weeks until blood work! My nurse also called today and said we have 4 embryos to freeze which I thought was pretty good news! :) thanks again to everyone for the encouragement! I'll keep you posted in about 2 weeks!
  • Options
    I hope everything went well and works out for you! My transfer was Monday, looks like we'll be waiting together  :)
  • Options
    Good luck fingers crossed for you too! My transfer was yesterday so we are in this tww together! I don't know how I am going to get through this tww I'm so excited and nervous! Good luck ladies
    Me - 32 
    Husband - 32
    TTC #1 - since 10/16/2012 
    IVF#1 6/2015 BFN 
    FET 7/2015 - BFP

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Best of luck to you and glad that it went so well! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Good luck!
    Me: 36 DH: 38 -TTC since May 2011. Bilateral mid-tubal blockages. Starting first IVF minimal stim cycle in June. Labs-Day 3: TSH 1.60mIU/L FSH 6.8mIU/mL Estradiol 46 pg/mL Day 10: FSH 5.3mIU/mL 
  • Options
    @WantingBabyL412 I'm 26 and talked my Dr. Into transferring two. I would rather have twins or triplets rather than none! My transfer is tomorrow! Good luck with everything!
  • Options
    Thanks @Cwynn88! I couldn't talk him into more than one. However, if this one doesn't work then at the next transfer I won't take no for an answer! I'm in the tww now...one more week to go! Good luck to you as well!!!
  • Options
    When are all you ladies testing? I'm 4dp5dt and I'm thinking about waiting til Friday. Hoping I can hold out that long. We transfered 1 and my beta is July 1st (exactly 2 weeks after transfer). No noticeable symptoms yet...
    Good luck and sticky baby dust to all of you!!
  • Options
    My beta is the 29th of June. I'm back and forth on whether or not to do a home test... I want to know but I don't wanna be disappointed if it is negative. I know I'm gonna be disappointed if it is on my beta but I guess I just wanna wait for now. I'm trying to stay positive without making myself overly positive and then being more let down if it doesn't turn out how I want... We will see. Any one have thoughts on testing early?!?
  • Options
    I'm really trying to force myself to wait until the blood test too. I don't know if I can handle seeing a negative but I keep talking myself out of it then back into it haha.. thank God my beta is Friday so I don't have to drive myself crazy too much longer!
  • Options
    My transfer is this morning, looks like a lot of us will be in the TWW! Good luck to everyone!!
    Me: 36 DH: 38 -TTC since May 2011. Bilateral mid-tubal blockages. Starting first IVF minimal stim cycle in June. Labs-Day 3: TSH 1.60mIU/L FSH 6.8mIU/mL Estradiol 46 pg/mL Day 10: FSH 5.3mIU/mL 
  • Options
    @jcsdigitalbaybee my transfer was today and my beta is July 2nd. Did anyone have abdominal soreness after their transfer? Idk of it was because I had to hold my pee for so long and they were pushing on my belly with the ultrasound or what. Good luck with your wait and your beta!
  • Options
    @Cwynn88 - I didn't have soreness exactly but definitely some tenderness in my lower abdomen after transfer. I was also still bloated so I figured that had a lot to do with it as well. I did have some twinges/cramping for a few days afterwards as well as the tenderness...hope that helps. Good luck to you! I have my beta in T minus 6 days!
  • Options
    @Cwynn88: I had some mild soreness, doc says most likely still healing from the egg retrieval itself. I've had some twinges today as well, nurse says most likely the ovaries are shrinking back down to normal size after stim. Good luck everyone, FX!!
  • Options
    @stacnola102310 thanks! I feel pretty much normal today! This wait is awful though! Still praying for everyone here to have sticky babies. I will probably end up doing a home pregnancy test Sunday.
  • Options
    @cwynn88 I had major cramping after my transfer but the next day it was as if nothing happened.  

My beta is tomorrow and I am so nervous. I forced myself to not to symptom spot (since I am still taking progesterone shots and estradiol patches I figure all side effects are related to the meds) or take a test early I don't want get a false positive or negative.  I probably wont sleep much tonight though.  Good luck ladies 
    Me - 32 
    Husband - 32
    IVF#1 6/2015 BFN 
    FET 7/2015 - BFP

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats!!! Such good news!!!
    Me - 32 
    Husband - 32
    IVF#1 6/2015 BFN 
    FET 7/2015 - BFP

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats Wanting!!! I am happy to say that I tested last Friday, 9dp5dt, and got my very first bfp after 17 months of ttc!!!!! First beta was 108 and second was 207, now just waiting on the call for beta #3 numbers! Praying to God this little one stays with me for the long haul!!! Cautiously expecting our rainbow baby 3/3/16!!!

@Cwynn88 good luck on your eta tomorrow!!! Did you do a hpt?

@MKLEWIS2010 how did your beta go?!?

Hope you all get your bfps very soon!!
  • Options
    MKLEWIS2010MKLEWIS2010 member
    edited July 2015
    Congrats @jcsdigitalbaybee that's great news!!! I hope you have a safe and healthy pregnancy

Edited because half my post was deleted!

Unfortunately I had a BFN. I am still dealing with it but DH and I thought it might help to push through and go straight into a FET since we have 3 frozen embryos. Also the success rates are higher with FET. I have my fingers crossed this one will work.
    Me - 32 
    Husband - 32
    IVF#1 6/2015 BFN 
    FET 7/2015 - BFP

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Awesome! Congrats to you my dear :)
  • Options
    That's awesome! I got my BFP on the 1st, first ultrasound is this Friday. I'm so nervous, just hope everything is okay in there! :|
  • Options
    Fingers crossed!