September 2012 Moms
Options

Friday Free-for-all

Hello, hello!  What's shakin'?

Re: Friday Free-for-all

• Options
    It was my first full week of working since the holiday break, so it felt extra long.  That coupled with some work shenanigans make me very happy it's Friday.  No definite plans for this weekend, but I could see some grandparents requesting to come by, so we'll see. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We are sitting in the TJ Maxx parking lot. I have no idea what time it opens. Hopefully 9:30. :-/
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My former boss' father passed away so I have the funeral tomorrow. DH works so my mom is taking Bennett for a while. Then Sunday DH is off and we're hoping to go see American Sniper. I just need to line up a babysitter and hope B doesn't freak out. We really screwed ourselves with not using someone else besides my parents.

I slept like crap last night. My nose was so pulled I had to breath out of my mouth. I ended up waking up several time because my mouth was like sandpaper. I'm stopping at Walgreens on lunch for some nasal spray.

• Options
    @kelbel527 Lily does this too occasionally.  I think it's only when she's bored, so if I can keep her occupied with music she likes or a book, it helps.  Or maybe you could just put socks on him and then quickly put his shoes on when you get to school? 
  • Options
    kelbel527 said:
    Does anyone else's kid take their shoes and socks off in the car?  Aedan is driving me insane.  Almost every single car ride, he takes off his shoes, and socks and throws them across the car.  Sometimes I get hit in the head, sometimes he throws them into the back of the SUV.  Then, when we get somewhere we need to be, I'm crawling around the car searching for socks and shoes.   This morning, I miraculously convinced him to put them back on before he got the socks off.  But most of the time I can't hear him doing it, so it's hard to stop him.  

We have some tie shoes that I think would be harder to take off, but we really like the ones he has because he can take them on and off himself.  (His teachers also love this for outside time). 

I can't wait until sandal season.
    Grant does this EVERYDAY on the way home from school. the shoes he drops on the floor (luckily!) but the socks he flings and its a treasure hunt to find them - I am 2 for 4 this week.  I swear i will soon be driving a car full of small dirty socks!  

This drive me nuts too!!!
    my read shelf:
    Sara (smb+jab)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)  

BFP 8/23/11 natural m/c 9/7/11 @ 6w BFP 1/16/2012 C-section 9/16/2012 Health baby boy!
  • Options
    kelbel527 said:
    Well, my bosses are back in the office today, but the day started off with a nice compliment from my boss.  That's a good start to the Friday!  (She's not afraid to hold back when she's not happy with something, so I'll take the good ones when they happen.  ;))

We have some paint decisions to make this weekend (I know, I'm talking about paint - again).  We bought some damaged drywall and paint samples last weekend so we can put some sample colors on something.  That will be a fun project this weekend!  

Prime the drywall first ;) If you put paint on raw drywall it'll soak the paint in and not give you a true sample of the color.

• Options
    Pokedot said:
    kelbel527 said:
    Well, my bosses are back in the office today, but the day started off with a nice compliment from my boss.  That's a good start to the Friday!  (She's not afraid to hold back when she's not happy with something, so I'll take the good ones when they happen.  ;))

We have some paint decisions to make this weekend (I know, I'm talking about paint - again).  We bought some damaged drywall and paint samples last weekend so we can put some sample colors on something.  That will be a fun project this weekend!  

Prime the drywall first ;) If you put paint on raw drywall it'll soak the paint in and not give you a true sample of the color.

Thanks!  Luckily DH already knew this, so he bought some already.  :)

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• Options
    smb+jab said:
    kelbel527 said:
    Does anyone else's kid take their shoes and socks off in the car?  Aedan is driving me insane.  Almost every single car ride, he takes off his shoes, and socks and throws them across the car.  Sometimes I get hit in the head, sometimes he throws them into the back of the SUV.  Then, when we get somewhere we need to be, I'm crawling around the car searching for socks and shoes.   This morning, I miraculously convinced him to put them back on before he got the socks off.  But most of the time I can't hear him doing it, so it's hard to stop him.  

We have some tie shoes that I think would be harder to take off, but we really like the ones he has because he can take them on and off himself.  (His teachers also love this for outside time). 

I can't wait until sandal season.
    Grant does this EVERYDAY on the way home from school. the shoes he drops on the floor (luckily!) but the socks he flings and its a treasure hunt to find them - I am 2 for 4 this week.  I swear i will soon be driving a car full of small dirty socks!  

This drive me nuts too!!!
    We always end up with a ton of stuff in our car (blankets in the winter, toys etc.).  We clean it out on the weekend.  Last weekend, DH pulled out at least 6 socks because when we get home, I just don't bother looking.  

Good point on the boredom @mroxy0628.  He usually has something to play with, but our drive is almost 30 minutes, so I think he gets bored.  I'll have to think about ways to switch it up for him.

I may just start putting his shoes on when we get to school, but I worry that if he only has socks on, he'll definitely pull those off.  And if he's barefoot, I worry about him being cold.  Plus, I hate standing out in the cold putting socks and shoes on, but I'm doing it most of the time anyway I guess.  

He likes to be barefoot I guess!

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• Options
    I'm using my lunch to take my dog to the vet.  I think I'm going to handcuff myself to the chair until they send one of us home with a prozac prescription. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Options
    DD does the shoe throwing thing too, my only solution has been to put her in tights and then put shoes/boots on at our destination. I'm not sure how that would go over for kids who don't insist on dresses every day.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I woke up to a dead bird in my bedroom.  A fucking gift from my cat.  And dog piss in my new shoe.  And a pile of puke in the hallway.  TGIF.

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Options
    I woke up to a dead bird in my bedroom.  A fucking gift from my cat.  And dog piss in my new shoe.  And a pile of puke in the hallway.  TGIF.

That sucks! Hopefully you can get your dog something to help today!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    OMG.  That's an awful start to the day.  It can only get better?

Hope the vet visit is helpful!  

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• Options

You win hands down for the worst morning I've heard in a long time.

• Options
    If it's a long car ride, I know I'll be crawling around looking for the tossed shoes and socks.  If we're running errands, I BEG her to PLEASE keep the shoes on because we're getting out in a few minutes.  She actually listens.  Man, these kids are such people these days ::tear::

We went to MIL's last night to see W because we were missing her so badly.  She stayed at my mom's Monday night, and MIL's W-F.  Then she is staying with my mom M-T.  I feel sad because it's my last days with her as my only kid and she's not home :(    I just keep reminding myself that she'll be here this weekend and I'll be like OKAY go back to grandma's house after a few hours. 

• Options
    Pokedot said:

I dunno......... I'd take these three things over the moms who had puke in their bed or their kid's bed earlier this week!  I HATE the smell of human vomit.

So much for my clean carpets though!

• Options
    I'm "working" at the dealership today. I'm supposed to create an email to send out but I need my dad to send me what he wants in the email first. He's busy so I'll just sit here and answer phones and play on the internet. And make faces at my H since his desk is right in my eyesight. I'm enjoying some peace and quiet.

@PenelopePond I hate when I am patting myself on the back for getting out and about all early only to find out I can't do what I need to do. I hope they open soon!

@tinyhumantoe What a morning! I hope your vet gives you what you want and your dog is ok! I also hope you have a nice weekend with W!
                         Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Pokedot said:

I dunno......... I'd take these three things over the moms who had puke in their bed or their kid's bed earlier this week!  I HATE the smell of human vomit.

So much for my clean carpets though!

Oh I've been there with the puke. It's not fun at all but that was one thing compared to 3 others going on. None of these things are fun at.all coming from humans or pets.

• Options

B actually keeps his shoes on in the car. He's usually too busy looking out the window or playing with a toy to notice. He's like DH though as soon as he gets home the socks come off. I finally found the match to one pair of socks last week. He hid it in his Thomas Train ride on under the seat.

• Options
    Happy Birthday, @starrysmile18‌
    Sounds like a fun weekend! Are you getting any mommy-feelings whether LO is a girl or boy?
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    James never took off his shoes in the car but Leo went through that phase earlier this winter. So annoying. He doesn't do it much anymore, usually only when he is getting ready to take a nap, lol.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    DH is going into the office for a bit tomorrow morning so I am going to attempt to do the boys' Valentine's pictures. They are already resisting when I told them the plan so I had to throw in that we can go out for breakfast after if they do a good job. I also have some heart shaped suckers for them so that should help.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    This is super random but it's s spinoff from yesterday's discussion about TV show, more specifically Parenthood. Plus, I've stumbled upon Gilmore Girls that I'm now watching. I really love this show!! But that's the root of the problem. Now I've wanted to watch Parenthood while I'm on ML but I'm afraid that Im going to be disappointed in Lauren Graham's character. To me she's always going to be Loralei Gilmore. Quick-witted, sharp-tongued, great mother-daughter relationship & banter.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    This is super random but it's s spinoff from yesterday's discussion about TV show, more specifically Parenthood. Plus, I've stumbled upon Gilmore Girls that I'm now watching. I really love this show!! But that's the root of the problem. Now I've wanted to watch Parenthood while I'm on ML but I'm afraid that Im going to be disappointed in Lauren Graham's character. To me she's always going to be Loralei Gilmore. Quick-witted, sharp-tongued, great mother-daughter relationship & banter.
    Lauren Graham is plays a very different character in Parenthood, but she's still super loveable.  Or maybe I just love her ;)  Parenthood is great!  Don't skip it.
  • Options
    kelbel527 said:
    We are sitting in the TJ Maxx parking lot. I have no idea what time it opens. Hopefully 9:30. :-/
    lol - is there a sign?  Or can you look it up online?  I hate it when stores aren't as open as early as I want them to be.  I'm such a Mom.
    The sign was by the front door and not facing the road.  I knew once I got Seany out of the car he wouldn't want to go back in.  We chanced it, and walked up to the door about ten minutes before they opened.  Sean got to run around like a maniac in the little strip mall thingy.
  • Options
    I'm pricing out car seats, I want to have another baby just so I can get this butter cream seat. I'm sure it would get dirty fast but so pretty!

Maxi-Cosi Mico AP Infant Car Seat - 2014 - Butter Cream

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    I can't see Lauren Graham as anything but Lorelie too!  Bad Santa was hard to handle for me, LOL!!

DD takes her socks and shoes off AND pushes her leggings up to her knee.  Poor girl just wants to be barefoot and in shorts year round and we are in the wrong state for that!

I'm doing some shopping at Container Store and Ikea Sunday with 2 girlfriends and they we are having lunch.  I can't wait!  Tomorrow is the usual soccer, swim lessons and errands.    DH and I are having an at home date night meaning we are going to have a nice dinner, watch a movie on demand, have booze and such after the kids are in bed.  We are not allowed to watch random TV like HGTV or whatever, hahahaha.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    hmp1hmp1 member
    edited January 2015
    Pokedot said:

I love that convertible pattern @hmp1. What brand is that?

We have boring tan/black and gray/black seats.

So I priced out our YMCA membership for a family. We currently belong to Anytime Fitness. I'm sure some of you have heard of it. Anywho we were paying $57.50/month for DH and I. Then when I did a commercial it was $30/month so basically me for free. So I called the Y to see about getting a family membership instead of Anytime so we can all go plus bonus they have child care. $47.50 and since DH's company is corporate we have no new member fee. I'm shocked!

It's a Maxi-Cosi, same with the infant seat. They have tons of cute color options, just not in the type of seat I am buying right now.

I like this pinstripe one so I might get it as our second seat. It fits the requirements and is the cutest one I have found so far.

Graco Argos 65 3-in-1 Harness Booster Seat - Studio
    ETA: never mind, the height isn't tall enough on that one either. Guess I'm going plain jane.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    Happy Birthday @starrysmile18!  Sounds like a great weekend!

@pokedot - I found that anytime was actually fairly pricey around here, but that's a great price for the Y!  When we're back in our house we're joining a new gym that will cost us about $30 more per month but they have childcare on Saturdays and Sundays.  DH and I love working out together, so that is worth the cost for us.  Our last place only had it Saturdays (and during the week).  

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• Options
    I'm jealous of all you ladies near an IKEA.  We have about a 2 hour drive, so in order to go, we have to make it an all day thing.

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• Options
    kelbel527 said:
    I'm jealous of all you ladies near an IKEA.  We have about a 2 hour drive, so in order to go, we have to make it an all day thing.
    We have to go all the way to Atlanta so I haven't been since we left TX :(  We are a big enough metro area to have an IKEA!!

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"