April 2014 Moms
Options

Handprint art- how to get them to do it?

I would love my very active 7 month old to be a part of this craft I have in mind, see pic, lower left hand, but I tried and he wasn't having it. I did a similar one with his one foot, but he was asleep. Two months ago he did handprint art at his daycare, so what's the magic trick? He's got great attention span and is coordinated, thus far, if that's possible. Lol. Thanks!!!!

Re: Handprint art- how to get them to do it?

• Options
    Maybe I need artwork that just requires one decent print, lol
  • Options
    Same here! We did the salt dough ornaments and were only able to get the feet. She wanted nothing to do with handprints! I agree with @celticlullaby‌ that footprints are the way to go.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We did a handprint in salt dough and it worked to put her on her belly and distract her with a toy in one hand and then pressed her hand into the dough. Not sure how that would work with paint though!
  • Options
    My SIL and I made snowman handprint ornaments on Saturday. I put J in his highchair with the seat reclined and had my SIL give him a bottle. I then painted his hand and was able to press it onto the ornaments without any problems... We true several other ways and got paint all over ourselves before thinking of the bottle though! Good luck!!
    Carolyn (33) & Steve (33) Married 1/28/12 DS 4/16/14 BFP 9/13/15~Due 5/20/16
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"