September 2012 Moms
Options

UO andplusalso Chat

Re: UO andplusalso Chat

• Options
    jenndub said:
    Christmas photo cards: Use a picture of the whole family or just the kid/s?  Discuss.
    If I have an awesome picture of the whole family, I use it. Otherwise, just the kids. I usually have a few pictures on our cards, I use Shutterfly. This year, the whole family is on the card, because of this picture!!!!
    @hyaline That new siggy pic is adorable!  @jenndub I love that card pic too!  S12ers and their kids are so photogenic. 

I think either full family or just kids is appropriate for cards, though we usually do just kids because it's fewer people to have to have looking at the camera and looking good.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Before Bennett we'd send out hand written cards. Now with him we get a family photo every year at his photoshoots so we use a combination of a family shot and a couple of him over the last year. They are usually front/back. Our photog does them and it's actually a lot cheaper that way. We send out about 45.

• Options
    jenndub said:
    Oh, and also, I totally forgot about Lennon's doctor's appointment this morning. I've never missed one with any of the other kids. Poor baby #4.
    You're a rockstar.  I have forgotten one, and shown up at the wrong time twice.  They looked at me like an alien when I did it a SECOND time.  Thanks to DH for those fun times.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Options
    We receive less cards than we send out but our aunts and uncles, grandparents usually send a gift for the kids instead of a family Christmas card as they don't have kids at home anymore, and we do not send them gifts.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    Christmas cards are an afterthought for me every year. We usually receive a few and then I write some because I feel like I should. I never design them or anything. I just don't feel like doing it.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We receive quite a few cards and send out about 40. I love getting cards with pictures!

My zipper broke on my FAVORITE coach wallet. For $20, they will either fix it, or give me a credit to buy a new one. I bet they'd fix it but I kinda want a new one. I just don't think I can talk my H into spending freaking $248 on a new one. Why is a wallet as much as a small purse? And I don't want mine fixed because it's looking kind of used. 
                         Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I still really want a Coach purse.  I figure someday when I am old and grey I may in fact have enough money to buy one!   :))

tryingtogrowareddenfamily.blogspot.com

lifeofadialysiswife.blogspot.com

• Options
    We send far more cards than we receive.  I just love stationery--always have, and working for a stationery company for years didn't help.  It's one of those holiday things I enjoy doing, so I dive in headfirst.  On the other hand, exterior decor is minimal and I only bake a few pies and a batch of cookies or two.  

But I sometimes worry that sending a "designed" card with a picture of my happy-perfect family (HA not even close) comes across as AW-y.
  • Options
    I'm not sure if we will get a tree this year. I want to but we won't be home for Christmas and I don't want our house sitter to have to deal with remembering to water the tree. And it makes a huge mess. But I also don't want Quinn to miss out either. I kinda want to bring one on vacation so we have it on Christmas!!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I cannot bake cookies.  Like, it is a physical impossibility for me to bake a cookie.  This is a random confession/ whatever for you guys.

• Options
    I cannot bake cookies.  Like, it is a physical impossibility for me to bake a cookie.  This is a random confession/ whatever for you guys.
    OK, you need to buy a bag of Tollhouse chocolate chips and follow the recipe on the back, making sure to watch your oven so the cookies are removed before they are completely done. Leave them on the cookie sheets for no longer than 1 minute before moving to cooling racks then storing between wax paper in plastic containers. You can't go wrong, seriously.

• Options
    melody921 said:
    OK, you need to buy a bag of Tollhouse chocolate chips and follow the recipe on the back, making sure to watch your oven so the cookies are removed before they are completely done. Leave them on the cookie sheets for no longer than 1 minute before moving to cooling racks then storing between wax paper in plastic containers. You can't go wrong, seriously.
    Been there, done that.  Not kidding, they never turn out.  No matter what I do, they don't turn out.  DH has watched me to try to figure it out and he is at a loss, I do everything right and they still won't turn out.  BUT I can bake a cake that tastes amazing.  Go figure.

• Options
    I'm the same way.. but only in regards to chocolate chip. Just can't do it. They turn out edible, but in no way delicious. Cakes? Pies? Treats of many kind.... yes yes and yes, but chocolate chip cookies? I don't know what goes wrong.

• Options
    jessk86 said:
    I'm the same way.. but only in regards to chocolate chip. Just can't do it. They turn out edible, but in no way delicious. Cakes? Pies? Treats of many kind.... yes yes and yes, but chocolate chip cookies? I don't know what goes wrong.

I am feeling immense sadness at your lack of chocolate chip cookies. How about a different kind? Maybe you two are more the Snickerdoodle-baking type.

• Options
    I love to bake. Love it. And my cookies are damn delicious!! But I'd like to have someone clean up my mess. I hate dishes. Cooking dinner though, is no fun to me. I do it and it tastes pretty good, but I have no desire to make anything special.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    AlinnJo said:
    We receive quite a few cards and send out about 40. I love getting cards with pictures!

My zipper broke on my FAVORITE coach wallet. For $20, they will either fix it, or give me a credit to buy a new one. I bet they'd fix it but I kinda want a new one. I just don't think I can talk my H into spending freaking $248 on a new one. Why is a wallet as much as a small purse? And I don't want mine fixed because it's looking kind of used. 
    Have you heard of Coachfactory.com? I'd NEVER pay $250 for a wallet. It's actually a Coach outlet online :) I've ordered tons of purses/wallets from there.

• Options
    We are so boring that DH could literally look through my email or phone or anything he wanted, or vice versa.  The only risk is an occasional bitch about his mom, haha. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Options
    I'll admit. I'm a coach snob. I won't buy from the factory store because they are often made specifically for the factory and are of lower quality. There are very few things that overflow from the stores. Whatever. And that damn wallet is my FAVORITE thing. I use it all the time and it's perfect. It doubles as a wristlet and I love it. Totally worth $250 to me. But that's my opinion!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Caramel popcorn is gross. Cheese popcorn is sent from Heaven.

Emma Rose - 9.14.05    Beckett - 5.26.07    Sawyer - 9.22.12    Lennon Mae - 9.26.14
  • Options
    jenndub said:
    Caramel popcorn is gross. Cheese popcorn is sent from Heaven.
    But, Chicago Mix is rainbows, puppies, and unicorns.

I'm in the "meh" camp of coach.

I'm all for any type of photo card and we send out about 50 and get about 30ish so not too bad.

I love to bake any and everything but have never attempted a pie.  I make a mean heath cheesecake following the back of the heath bits bag.   Now I really want that!

DS had strep twice in 3 weeks and DD had a bad double earache last week - and now I feel like I'm getting both - one from each of them, how nice.

It could be a high of 40 with sleet here tomorrow.  You suck ruining Halloween for the kids Mother Nature!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I think I want a new bread machine. Is that weird? I've been using my parents from the 90's and while it works, I think a new one would be better with more options. Does anyone else use a bread machine? Or am I all alone in that?!?

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @MommaP12‌ that is a lot of sickness. I hope you don't get it and your family is healthy for awhile!!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @AlinnJo I don't use a bread machine, but I DO make my own bread. Unlike my chocolate chip cookies, it is delicious and disappears quickly!

image Caramel popcorn is a gift from above so shut your mouth!

I am not a Coach fan at all, but I do love Louis Vuitton, so maybe that's my UO for the day. 

• Options
    One Tree Hill sucks. And somehow I've been watching it for a week straight on Netflix. I'm halfway done with season 2.

Emma Rose - 9.14.05    Beckett - 5.26.07    Sawyer - 9.22.12    Lennon Mae - 9.26.14
  • Options
    jenndub said:
    One Tree Hill sucks. And somehow I've been watching it for a week straight on Netflix. I'm halfway done with season 2.

OTH holds a special place in my heart from my high school and college days. I never did finish the series though.
    Aria September 18, 2012
    Baby Due April 17, 2015
  • Options
    DD is sick. She just looks miserable. DH was home today and I've got tomorrow. Poor baby. She hasn't eaten all day. :(
    Aria September 18, 2012
    Baby Due April 17, 2015
  • Options
    Usually I do a family pic on Christmas cards. Last year I did the 3 kids because I didn't want to pretend to be a big happy family when we weren't. This year I'm not sure if I will do just the boys, the boys and I, or all 3 kids. I might end up making 2 different cards. One for my side with the boys and I, and one for his with all 3 kids. I haven't decided.

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
  • Options
    jenndub said:

You take that back. OTH is awesome! I lurved that and the OC and was sad when they ended.

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • Options

jenndub said:

You take that back. OTH is awesome! I lurved that and the OC and was sad when they ended.
    No! It's so lame and unrealistic and I'm completely addicted to it because I love ridiculous high school drama. I'm totally going to watch every season.

• Options
    UO: the toys r us big book came in the mail today. Wtf, it's not even November! Not cool toys r us.

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
  • Options

Seriously, I am watching it right now too! It is totally cheesy and dramatic, but totally awesome!

• Options
    My two year old makes me want to pick my eyebrows out hair by hair. She's seriously wearing on me.

Christmas cards are my favorite pictures. This year I probably won't use any of me because so so fat. :-q

• Options
    AlinnJo said:
    I'll admit. I'm a coach snob. I won't buy from the factory store because they are often made specifically for the factory and are of lower quality. There are very few things that overflow from the stores. Whatever. And that damn wallet is my FAVORITE thing. I use it all the time and it's perfect. It doubles as a wristlet and I love it. Totally worth $250 to me. But that's my opinion!
    I have a purse from the Coach store. Paid way more than anyone should for it. Found the Coachfactory.com paid a fraction on several items. Which actually add up to about the same price as one purse normally. Everything gets bascially the same use and has held up exactly the same.

• Options
    loislayn said:

jenndub said:

I quit at the episode before the school shooting. It's so awful but so addicting.

You missed so much more of the crazy.

Aria September 18, 2012
    Baby Due April 17, 2015
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"