Options

UO andplusalso Chat

Combo chat and UO thread today?

James Sawyer 12.3.10
Leo Richard 9.20.12 

Re: UO andplusalso Chat

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had a red streak on my cheekbone, likely from my blush, for about an hour this morning.  I had a meeting with parents and saw a couple coworkers.  I guess there's a small chance no one saw it, but it's unlikely as it almost looked like I had drawn with lip liner on my cheek.  I wish someone had told me. 

Maybe that's an UO, that you should tell someone when they have something on their face?  I wouldn't necessarily stop a stranger on the street, but if I know your name, I'm going to tell you. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My allergies have decided to bust through the door in style, and my life has been miserable the last few days (thanks harvesters...). I mentioned to H 2 days ago that my throat hurt, and that I hoped I wasn't getting sick. Not even 20 minutes later he starts moaning and whining, saying he thinks he's really sick, and probably has what I have. Really dude?? 

Fast forward to last night, when both kiddos woke up with fevers, and Jasper's nose is leaking like a faucet. I had taken NyQuil in hopes of being able to wake up without being stuck to my pillow by all of my snot... buuuutttttt I guess the Littles had other plans for me. This morning has been rough. 
  • Options
    I think my hormones are making me a little unstable.  I'm trying to think rationally about things.... it's not very likely that work stress, annoying customers, and MIL annoyances have all increased 10 fold simultaneously.  I bet hormones are at play and I am getting a bitch edge.  Please forgive me world!

@willy_gert your post about L's ears made me so sad :(  I'm so sorry she is fighting an infection again
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Options
    @mroxy0628 I am not good at telling people they have pepper in their tooth, streak on their face, etc. unless they are my BFF or family.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Options
    hmp1 said:
    I have an UO! I hate Legos. I'm so over the little tiny pieces that hurt when I step on them. I think once he is old enough to actually do them himself and follow the directions, I will be fine with them. Right now, no. Play with your wooden blocks and magna-tiles all day long if you want to build something.

I'm hoping to avoid Legos until they can be stored in their rooms. Same with Barbies and all of their tiny pieces.
  • Options
    @MRoxy0628‌ I almost always tell people something like that if I know them. I would want them to tell me, so I tell them.
  • Options
    I've decided I'm not going to shop on Amazon. They charged both of our cards we had hooked to our prime account (debit and Amazon credit card) and I was looking through my order history to make sure it wasn't something I had bought for 100.00 and realized We had paid shipping on our last 3 orders even though we have prime.
    What is the point of prime if I'm being charged exorbitant shipping on top
    of paying $100? We paid 12 on a pair of boots, 5 on a board book and 6 on a Halloween costume. So annoying.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageVisit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
  • Options
    @mroxy0628 I am not good at telling people they have pepper in their tooth, streak on their face, etc. unless they are my BFF or family.
    Yeah, I know it's uncomfortable.  I guess I just thought two of the coworkers I saw, one who I eat lunch with everyday, might say something.  It's totally possible she didn't see it though.  When I went to the bathroom and looked it the mirror, I saw it right away, but that's why I look in the mirror, to make sure everything looks okay.

I also think my fly was down when I walked my dog yesterday afternoon.  I didn't expect anyone to stop their car and tell me that though. :)

@jessk86 Sorry you guys aren't feeling well!  I also get annoyed when my husband tells me he's feeling sick, especially if I've mentioned it first. 
  • Options
    @tinyhumantoe me too.  We can't catch a break these days.  After I found out about her stuff yesterday I was eating a milk dud and it broke my tooth.  Like a quarter of my tooth is just gone.  Have I mentioned before that I hate the dentist?  So, now I HAVE to go, but I found one that does sedation dentistry.  THANK GOODNESS!  Oh and Friday our fridge broke.  So now we are down a washer and a fridge...

Oh, and the Boys in Blue lost last night....  
    :((

Pity Party of 1

tryingtogrowareddenfamily.blogspot.com

lifeofadialysiswife.blogspot.com

• Options
    I've decided I'm not going to shop on Amazon. They charged both of our cards we had hooked to our prime account (debit and Amazon credit card) and I was looking through my order history to make sure it wasn't something I had bought for 100.00 and realized We had paid shipping on our last 3 orders even though we have prime. What is the point of prime if I'm being charged exorbitant shipping on top of paying $100? We paid 12 on a pair of boots, 5 on a board book and 6 on a Halloween costume. So annoying.
    Were they listed as Prime items? I always filter by Prime items. If I can't find it, then I will unfilter and decide if I want to pay shipping.

I just found out that DH has a Prime account. Why???? I told him to use mine and he pulled the "but then I can't buy you gifts". One, you suck at keeping secrets so don't worry about surprising me. Two, you can use my Prime on your own account. I have no hope that he will actually cancel his Prime so I guess I will have to do mine.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    hmp1 said:
    I've decided I'm not going to shop on Amazon. They charged both of our cards we had hooked to our prime account (debit and Amazon credit card) and I was looking through my order history to make sure it wasn't something I had bought for 100.00 and realized We had paid shipping on our last 3 orders even though we have prime. What is the point of prime if I'm being charged exorbitant shipping on top of paying $100? We paid 12 on a pair of boots, 5 on a board book and 6 on a Halloween costume. So annoying.
    Were they listed as Prime items? I always filter by Prime items. If I can't find it, then I will unfilter and decide if I want to pay shipping.

I just found out that DH has a Prime account. Why???? I told him to use mine and he pulled the "but then I can't buy you gifts". One, you suck at keeping secrets so don't worry about surprising me. Two, you can use my Prime on your own account. I have no hope that he will actually cancel his Prime so I guess I will have to do mine.
    Yes, definitely check this!! I've made the mistake of not double checking before I hit 'buy'. Even when you search for something and it shows the little prime icon, sometimes once you actually get to the item's page, it may not actually be 'prime'. It usually happens to me when it's something that has options--colors, sizes, etc. Some of the options may be prime, but not others (and it always seems to be the one that I need/want isn't Prime, go figure). That sucks that they charged both of your cards, though. Whenever I've had a problem, their customer service has always been top notch, so hopefully they can refund your money to you quickly!
  • Options
    @willy_gert that super sucks about your tooth! Hopefully your new dentist will be wonderful!!! And, also, bummer about your appliances. When it rains, it pours :(
  • Options
    @jessk86 are you and the kids feeling better at all?  This illness season seems to be kicking off with a big bang!

• Options
    This is probably a good idea because our UOs have been so pathetic lately!  I think it's because we have probably covered everything there is to cover, or anyone with a REAL uo knows to keep their trapper shut haha. 
    All I can think of are complete straw men: UO: Kicking puppies is ok as long as they're YOUR puppies.  UO: Alcohol should be illegal. Prohibition FTW!  UO: Vaccines modify your children's genetics so they eventually end up identical to this guy:
  • Options
    hmp1 said:
    I have an UO! I hate Legos. I'm so over the little tiny pieces that hurt when I step on them. I think once he is old enough to actually do them himself and follow the directions, I will be fine with them. Right now, no. Play with your wooden blocks and magna-tiles all day long if you want to build something.
    I hate them bc DD will still put them in her mouth, and they end up everywhere!

• Options
    @willy_gert sorry to hear about your tooth! 

Add me to the tooth pain club.  I developed a pyogenic granuloma, which is basically an ulcer in my mouth caused by crazy hormone shifts- sometimes called a tumor of pregnancy.  I got it when Julia was 8 weeks old and my dentist said they can sometimes hang around a while longer while you're breastfeeding.  Julia turns a year next month and the thing is still there, and the pain from it was bad enough that it woke me up early this morning and I wasn't able to get back to sleep.

I can't wait to stop BFing, but I'm going to make it to a year if it kills me.
  • Options
    I just sent perhaps one of the most awkward emails of my professional career. I sat in on a presentation yesterday for some of our nursing staff, and one of the guys who was on the panel was pretty inappropriate with his comments. The topic was on transgender youth, which is a sensitive one to begin with, but he was really crass with his examples. Since it's part of my job to ensure our organizational image remains intact, I just kept thanking God this was only an internal presentation and didn't involve the community. But I felt I had to inform my supervisor and our HR/legal rep that we need to keep this guy from talking to a larger audience. If I never have to mention genitalia in an email to my boss again it will be too soon.

• Options

My period was supposed to show up Tuesday, yesterday the latest. I've been spotting since Sunday with cramps. Just show the F up already! Now this throws my period off for vacation which means I'll have it for half the time we're gone. I'm so annoyed. I've never wanted a period more in my life.

@willy_gert sorry about our tooth and the million other things going wrong. You need to catch a break girl.

• Options
    @Hyaline your new siggy picture is adorable!!!

and @willy_gert, I'm really not, but I have a 'moms never get sick' sort of household so I don't have much choice. If I had no husband or kids, I'd definitely be laying around assuming I'm in my last days. Instead I'm folding  laundry load 410 of 450 and wondering how/why we have so many clothes!?! Briar has been sleeping most of the morning, and Jasper has taken up residence on the couch. Hopefully everyone is feeling up to trick or treating tomorrow-- I spent waaayy too much time looking for a black and white striped shirt yesterday, and I've been thinking about candycandycandy for like 3 weeks now!
  • Options
    sending get well wishes to all of the kiddos and mommas who are not feeling well!

I have a uo - and you can totally yell at me for this but i am not happy with the recent turn of events and feel even worse for the sister: I don't think when you are pregnant with number two you should tell your friends (repeatedly) to throw you a "sprinkle" because you weren't happy with your first baby shower. 

While I might have wanted to do something special to celebrate the pending arrival of your next child, however the dictation of terms and wanting another full baby shower seems a bit pushy. 

my read shelf:
    Sara (smb+jab)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)  

BFP 8/23/11 natural m/c 9/7/11 @ 6w BFP 1/16/2012 C-section 9/16/2012 Health baby boy!
  • Options
    I'm taking DH out for this birthday tonight and am really annoyed that I have a gross cold so won't enjoy the dinner out very much.  Yeah, I'm being selfish because it's his birthday and I should be worried about him enjoying himself.
  • Options
    Christmas photo cards: Use a picture of the whole family or just the kid/s?  Discuss.
  • Options
    hmp1 said:
    Why do the Twizzlers Halloween size candy taste different than the regular Twizzlers? Annoying since Twizzlers is one of my favorite candies. 

Yes, I am eating my kids' trunk or treat candy. 
    Um isn't this what parents do :)

I think they taste different too - maybe it has something to do with the size...
    my read shelf:
    Sara (smb+jab)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)  

BFP 8/23/11 natural m/c 9/7/11 @ 6w BFP 1/16/2012 C-section 9/16/2012 Health baby boy!
  • Options
    Hyaline said:
    Christmas photo cards: Use a picture of the whole family or just the kid/s?  Discuss.
    I usually do both.  I pick cards that have a few photos, because I have trouble picking just one picture I like. 
  • Options
    Hyaline said:
    Your favorite picture.

I'm doing one of just the kids on the front of the card, and a smaller family picture on the back.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    Oh, and also, I totally forgot about Lennon's doctor's appointment this morning. I've never missed one with any of the other kids. Poor baby #4.

Emma Rose - 9.14.05    Beckett - 5.26.07    Sawyer - 9.22.12    Lennon Mae - 9.26.14
  • Options
    Hyaline said:
    I usually just do the kids. Last year, the back of the card had a small pic of all four of us too though.

• Options
    Whatever movie was playing on the Disney Channel at 7pm last night was too scary for that time slot. Brought to you by my 3.5 year old that asked me to change the channel 5 minutes in.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    UO: RVs should not be parked in neighborhoods. They're too big, creating not only an eyesore, but becoming a PITA if they hang over the sidewalk.

• Options
    If we did Christmas cards we would probably have both.  Luci's thank you cards for her first birthday and dedication had a picture of her and then a smaller picture of our family.

• Options
    For the Christmas card i think it depends on the pictures you have.  If we have a nice one of the three of us, I might use it.  Or one of the of just the kid is nice too.  However if you have a few that you cannot pick between the cards that offer three slots have worked too.

I think ours will be one of just Grant this year - as we didn't do pictures of the three of us.  DH was being stinker!

I personally like seeing them all :)  I love sending out cards!  

That brings me to another question, it seems like a lot of us send out cards here (hence the discussion and the love of sending paper party invites for birthday).  But do you get tend to receive a lot cards?  Last year i was ready become scrooge mcduck on cards this year after busting my butt to send out close to 50 cards early when we did not receive a single card before Christmas.  I thought maybe the old tradition of sending holiday cards had died :((

I still might scale back this year...
    my read shelf:

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"