Formula Feeding
Options

Best Bottles for Formula feeding

There is so much information out their on bottles and breastfeeding, but according to the doctor I may not be able to breastfeed and I can't seem to find any info and preference of bottles for formula fed children. So I was wondering if anyone out there had recommendations or better bottle choices for children who will be formula fed or does it just not matter?

Re: Best Bottles for Formula feeding

• Options
    It totally doesn't matter what bottles you use... Every friend I know used a different brand and all were fine.
  • Options
    It definitely depends on the baby. DS has taken most of the bottles I've tried with him so far, but both of his cousins (also on formula) take different ones--one uses Dr. Brown's, the other takes Playtex Ventaire.

I have to second @tricia560's suggestion of the Dr. Brown's pitcher. It's been great for when DS is taking odd amounts at a feeding or when we had to switch to a gentler formula.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Dr Browns are a PAIN if you don't need them. We really liked Avent but switched to Dr. B's to see if it would help with reflux (it didn't for us). The nipple/bottle doesn't collapse on you when they drink. (We bought Gerber and they are awful!)
    Next baby, if we go formula we're spending the money to get a formula maker. 8 months of bottle making and I'm SO done with bottle warmers and microwaves!
  • Options
    I think it depends on the baby. We tried a bunch with DD and the only ones she liked were the Avent ones. DS liked the cheap Gerber, but now only takes the Nuk training sippy cups
  • Options
    We had a lot of tummy troubles and had ro supplement with formula with our girls so the Dr. Brown's with the special filter for gas have worked best for us. Theyre a pain to clean but well worth all the tears they saved.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"