May 2013 Moms
Options

**UPDATE** lengthy freak out - DD mystery illness

hbrockman01hbrockman01 member
edited October 2014 in May 2013 Moms
Tell me my freak out is going to be OK!!

Two weeks ago my DD started running a fever at school, little did I know that was just the start of our problems. When I took her into the doctor she was 102.3 and they said “oh just viral, she should be better to return to school on Thursday”. After that her fever would go up getting to around 104.5 then coming back down. This went on for several days but when it kept peaking at 104 they requested we bring her back in to check for UTI. Once there they checked for UTI and ear infection both came back clean and clear. They sent us on our way with “if she’s not better by Sunday, bring her back in for lab work on Monday”. Well by the time we had gotten to Saturday not only were we still rocking a fluctuating temperature but not we have rash like marks on our thighs – I decided enough is enough and to Children’s we went.

Once we were in the ER they thought there was a problem so we had the following done – Chest X-Rays, CT Scan w/contrast, blood work, another UTI check. They determined that the rash was getting worse and spreading (now all over her legs and arms) and her feet were peeling. They decided to put in an IV and admit her. Once we were in our room, the doctor proceeded to tell us they were looking at the possibility of Kawasaki Disease which effects the heart. They said, there is treatment but its aggressive and lengthy and she could develop heart complications as a result later in life. We were there for 3 excruciating days where they did more scans and blood work, 2 echos. Everything came back normal and they still said serious viral illness. Finally, they decided to discharge us and we were to follow up with our pediatrician on Wednesday.

We followed up with pediatrician and he order one more round of blood work to test her infection levels (wanting to make sure they are coming down). Well we went and they actually went up. Doctor called me back on Friday to say that we would need to retest in 2wks (28th or 29th) and that he would print the order and I could come pick it up when it was convenient for me.

Which brings me to today and my panic attack. I called the doctor’s office to ask when I could pick it up (hopingtoday so it’s one less thing to worry about) and I briefly mention that my daughter’s gums bled last night when I brushed her teeth. The nurse took my information and said she would ask about it and call me back. Well, I just got my phone call and they want her in office TODAY! Nottomorrow or even next week, TODAY! She wouldn’t tell me why the urgency just that was the request and to get her in as soon as I could.

I don’t know what is going on with her, she is eating and drinking and playing like she should. She hasn’t had a fever since last Sunday (which is why they didn’t proceed with Kawasaki treatment plus her echos were good) and the rash has faded. Yes, her feet are still sort of peeling but they only look bad after her bath.

I just don’t know what is going on and it freaks me out. I want nothing more than for her to be happy and HEALTHY!!

Tell me would you be panic stricken to receive a call such as this or am going over the top with worry?

Lastly, I don’t like to ask but if you don’t mind please keep her in your thoughts. She doesn’t deserve this, whatever this is!

**update**

They are checking her blood again. Poor baby got poked 2x yesterday. They are looking for her SED rate to have gone down. They are also checking her blood clotting. They said the bleeding gums could just be the brush and tender gums but until I take her to the dentist and get the blood work results back they ate saying for sure.

They did briefly mention something about hemophilia which I guess is another thing they are testing for.

Doctor should be calling me this morning so I should know more then.

Thank you all again for the well wishes.

Re: **UPDATE** lengthy freak out - DD mystery illness

• Options
    I'm so sorry you're all going through this. My thoughts and prayers are with you. I hope you get some answers soon.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Oh goodness, sending lots of thoughts and prayers.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @allydncr‌ she's been in the doctor for monitoring every other day last week. They finally gave the go ahead to take her out of the "bubble" and continue with regular activities. The blood draw numbers I knew would be a wait a couple weeks to draw again... I expected as much but the bring her in today worries me...

Thank you all... I will keep you updated!
  • Options
    Virtual hugs!!  And vent away.  I hope she feels better.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm really sorry you're going through this and I hope you find your answers soon. Like others have said, I think it's a good sign that she's able to resume normal activities, but I completely understand the freak out, I'm sure we all would be doing the same thing.
  • Options
    Yeah, i would be freaking out too. I'm so sorry you are having to go through this, i really hope you get some answers soon! Sending many prayers!
                              Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicphoto r0614p_zpsojhlssmw.gif
                            Anniversary
                           BFP#1- April 24th. M/c-April 30th. BFP#2-September 11th. EDD: May 25th. 
                                      It's a girl!!! (: Madison arrived on May 19th at 6:35 am (:
                                                               * July '15 January siggy challenge.*
  • Options
    T's and Ps for you, I would be freaking out too. Really hope it's nothing and you get some answers soon.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    ((Hugs)). Hope you get some answers soon. Maybe her body is still recovering from the virus.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Options
    Aw, poor baby. Our friends 18 month old just went through this. 104 fever, rash all over his body...that was followed by upper GI stuff, lots of vomiting. He was in the hospital for a good week while they ran every test imaginable, even tested for Kawasaki's (negative). He slowly got better, was released and they never got any definitive answers other than a virus and fifths disease.

I'll be praying for you guys.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I think your doctor just wants to make sure she is ok, but yes, I would freak out too.  I hope everything turns out just fine, and please keep us updated.  T&Ps!
  • Options
    i'm so sorry you are going through this. I hope you get answers soon!
  • Options
    That is so scary! I'm sorry, I hope you get answers very soon and that everything is ok. Lots of Ts&Ps coming your way.
  • Options
    I would be freaking out too. Many thoughts, prayers, and hugs for your dd and family. I hope you get answers and that it is not serious.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Poor LO!  Hope you get some answers soon.  Lots of good thoughts and positive vibes coming your way!
  • Options
    Do you have an update for us??? Thinking of you and your family!
  • Options
    T and P's! That's scary and I hope answers are forthcoming.
    CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
    O14 January Signature Challenge: Snow Fails
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I hope they were able to get you some answers. Thinking of you guys!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"