November 2014 Moms
Options

AW: Job update

Hey all! I just wanted to share that I think I made the absolute right choice as my job decision :) I just got finished getting observed by my (incredibly supportive, both of pregnancy and the arts) principal, and she loved my class so much that she came back again to observe another age level, which she also loved. She finished the reviews by saying that I "damn well better come back after the baby's born or else!" She was raving on about my class and how wonderful she thought it was, I almost started crying - my supervisor last year HATED me and did nothing but tear me a new one each time she came in. Last year was horrible, and she even went so far as to give me officially horrible ratings as a teacher that are accessible to future employers if they choose to look into them...I was terrified that her one opinion would ruin my career, and what was worse was that I was starting to believe her and think I was a bad teacher and should just quit the profession and find an office job somewhere :( My reviews today, though, made me so ecstatic and extra sure that I'm finally in the right place....even the long commute is so worth it at this point :) I just wanted to share my joy :)
October Challenge: How I feel about the 3rd trimester:

Throwback: Hubby and I on our first date (Nov 2007), and then again on our wedding day (Nov 2012)

Re: AW: Job update

• Options
    Glad you are happy in your job! Congrats again!

N14 Nov. Siggy: CELEBRATION!

image image
    TTC since 2011
    Aug. - Sept. 2013 - dIUIs = BFNs
    January 2014 - IVF = 3 freezer babies
    March 2014 - FET of AA and AB blast = BFP! Twins! 
    Nov. 7, 2014 - Wilhelmina "Willa" Suzanne (4lb 14oz) and Ari Jose (6lb 4oz) were born via CS
    image image

image image image image 

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    That's awesome! It's funny how differently some people can view a teacher. All I know is that you shouldn't take it personally. My mom got really upset last year that her vice-principal gave her a "developing" teacher score from her observations, especially since she's been in the classroom for 41 years and has National certification. But luckily, this is her last year before retirement so nothing can truly phase her anymore. But she really feels for all the younger teachers that are being judged so harshly by this administrator.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congrats that is awesome!!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers image     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers  imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers  image

• Options
    Yay!
    Lilypie - Personal picture    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie - Personal picture    
  • Options
    Congratulations!  I'm really glad you're enjoying your new job and have a great new boss!

• Options
    Congrats! I'm glad your old boss's opinion didn't hurt your chances at doing what you love :). Suck it old boss!
    BabyFetus Ticker

N14 October Siggy Challenge: How I feel in the third trimester (especially when DH eats my pregnancy food)

• Options
    Yay! I'm so glad your choice of jobs worked out so well and I hope the commute hasn't been too terrible. Yay for wonderful art teachers!!
    TTC 3/2012; IUI 2/26/14; EDD 11/23/14; DD born 11/21/14!!!
  • Options
    I'm so happy to hear that you're happy with your choice. It was worth all the angst!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"