Pregnant after 35
Options

Bedrest or modified bedrest anyone?

Hello!  I am on a modified bedrest and wondeirng if anybody else is too.  If so, how are you dealing with all of the emotions/boredom that go along with it?
To start things off, I will say that I have learned that binge watching Parenthood while on bedrest is a bad idea.

Hope we can help each other through!

Re: Bedrest or modified bedrest anyone?

• Options
    I might be after my cerclage the 21 st..was on bed rest with ds. Not gonna lie I thought it was awful...lol you think laying around will be so awesome, in reality it's torture:)
    ***ticker warning*** DS 3/27/12 born 6 weeks early....my perfect boy !! Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers [url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://lb1f.lilypie.com/z5R8p1.png[/img][/url] image<a href="http://www.thebump.com/?
  • Options
    CaraHCaraH member
    I haven't been on bed rest, but just helped a friend through seven months of modified bed rest. She read a lot. Our library has an ebook lending program, which made that easier and is worth looking in to. She crocheted gifts for all the kids, simple things but it kept her busy. And then there was the internet and TV. Visits from or phone calls with friends. Moving locations helped, too. She would move from the bed to the couch to the lounge outside. It seems like there must be more, but I can't think what.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    JKentWJKentW member
    I am on modified bed rest. Watching tv, phone calls, visits from friends, reading, and writing. It is very challenging, but it has to be done. <3 Here to support <3
  • Options
    I am not on bed rest, but I have been on "light duty," which means no exercise other than short walks, no sex, no lifting, etc.

Prior to that, I was walking 2-3 miles per day and going to Zumba twice a week. It's been a big adjustment. The no sex part has caused a little tension with DH as well, although he's of course understanding and on board.

If you are allowed to sit outside at all, I find that fresh air helps. Calling friends, reading and finishing up nursery and baby gear prep has also helped.

Good luck to you!

CafeMom Tickers

January PAL siggie challenge; Good advice:

• Options
    voplovoplo member
    I am on modified bed rest. I have been on and off during the last 2 months (maybe even 3, I don't remember). I have a kindle, a laptop, lots of books and a kettle! I also have a very active 2 year old so my "bed rest" have been quite dubious (although I am getting help with him). It is very boring, at one point you are tired of reading, surfing internet and everything. I just recently started stitching/sewing and the little crafts keep me quite distracted :) For me it is just a matter of "endure it" until the C-sec date comes (only 2 more weeks!!). 

Mummy to 2 wonderful children
    Noah (2011) & Lily (2014)
  • Options
    libbiepup - how are you doing? :D
  • Options
    I am on bed rest right now and hope it's short lived...it's hard! I read , nap and relax I'm doing my best to give my body the rest it needs :D
    But it's tough ladies !
  • Options
    I have been on modified bed rest for a week. I am due Oct. 1st. So far I am really enjoying it. I am getting a lot of little last minute things done in my house and for the nursery. Nothing major, just some laundry, list making, organizing, and of course catching up on lost sleep. My feet and ankles have been swollen really bad so getting off my feet for the day is really nice (BTW I am a 7th grade math teacher and spend a lot of time on my feet on concrete tiles all day). I only have about 4 1/2 weeks left till my EDD so hopefully I won't get bored. Good luck to you all and gang in there. It will be worth it in the end.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"