October 2013 Moms
Options

How motivated is your baby to crawl?

Chrisanna0508Chrisanna0508 member
edited April 2014 in October 2013 Moms
Just curious if there are other "underachievers" like my baby boy.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

How motivated is your baby to crawl? 239 votes

Flops around like a fish out of water during tummy time
34% 82 votes
Pushes up with arms/gets knees underneath
38% 92 votes
Gets up on hands and knees
4% 10 votes
Rocks on hands and knees
11% 28 votes
Crawling everywhere
2% 7 votes
Crawling and pulling up to stand on things
3% 8 votes
Chole came out running
0% 1 vote
SS
4% 11 votes

Re: How motivated is your baby to crawl?

• Options
    No desire to move anywhere, but I am liking that he's probably not going to be mobile for a while

• Options
    I took the 2nd option, but she only goes up on her arms. Very rarely goes up on her knees. She can go anywhere she wants by rolling. So not sure she will think it's a necessary skill to learn.
    April2014 Siggy Challenge - Bunnies
    imageimageimage     
    imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I put crawling everywhere but she is doing more of an army crawl. She gets on all fours and rocks yelling in frustration. I have to watch her like a hawk as she has an affinity for power chords and dog toys. It's time to baby proof!
  • Options
    Crawling, trying to stand and walk. Crazy girl.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• Options
    LO mostly army crawls everywhere but he regular crawls a bit.  He has been pulling up on things lately and it is scaring the crap out of me. 

• Options
    Yep. Lots off both and every time she does either, it amazes me. 
    November: Doing my own thing

• Options
    Rocks on hands and knees, takes a step and face plants. Every time. He's really good at backward scooting...not sure if that's intentional or not.

• Options
    He can roll across a room. He just started getting on his hands and knees. He tries to pull up sometimes but hasn't figured that out. I chose option 2.

• Options

Crawling, trying to stand and walk. Crazy girl.

This.

imageimage    

• Options
    Ss. Knows how to roll but doesn't do it regularly and def not crawling, only pushes up onto his hands, no knees. He has no desire to move!

This.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    fish outta water, present

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Hates tummy time still.. She rolls onto her back as soon as I put her on her tummy. She spins when on her back in circles to get places.
  • Options
    Planks on hands and knees and rocks.

Pushes back but no crawling.
  • Options
    She scoots backwards and will get up but that's it. She has figured out if she wants something she can't reach she can pull her blanket and bring it to her. #smartestbabyever
    Mine rolls all over the place but has yet to make any move towards getting up on his knees. But he is definitely a blanket puller. He makes all the things come closer to him.

• Options
    I don't even think she knows she has knees at this point. We are working on pushing with up/out with her arms.

Flapping fish over here.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
                                                   photo 996da08d-6a8f-4ffe-b18d-94023659b1ef.jpg
  • Options
    He wants to crawl really bad but he can't figure it out. He just flails all around. He makes us walk him every where though. He'll probably walk before he crawls.

Jude Beckham 10/23/2013   Sean & Chels 03/08/2012

• Options
    He pushes up on his arms and tries to get his knees under him. He will also try to scoot backwards sometimes. But he will not roll. Ever. He will try on occasion but if he does it's usually an accident.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    No rolling yet, and definitely no crawling! She's happy just sitting at this point. I know she does TT at daycare but I should probably have her do more at home with us for more practice. On the other hand, I'm happy with her not being mobile yet!
  • Options
    She has rolled from belly to back a few times and then lost interest and shows no interest in ever doing it again so I don't see crawling in the near future.  She loves sitting up though.
  • Options
    DD uses rolling as her main mode of transportation but I don't think she knows where she's going - she just rolls. Sometimes she will spin in circles on her back to try to get a toy. But I think we are a far ways off from crawling. I'm not sure she has even considered it as an option.

• Options
    wedding06 said:
    Umm my kid hasn't even started rolling yet. He did it once and that was it. He will get to his side but has no interest in going all the way. He does girly push-ups during TT though but he only does a couple then lays down.
    Pretty much this.  She's 7 months tomorrow.  She rolls tummy to back, but that's it.  She isn't anywhere even close to crawling.  I'm good with that for now, fo sho.
    *Evelyn born 9/20/13*

• Options
    DS must have seen me post this because he started rolling like a maniac today and trying to get his knees under him when doing tummy time. You never know with babies huh?

• Options
    On Tuesday, Jo was crawling an inch here or there. A foot at the most. Um tonight, after a nap she crawled the entire downstairs of our house. She wanted to come find me, nad so she set off on an adventure. Um she better sleep well tonight!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• Options
    I give it days at this point. Last week he rolled over for the first time. A few days ago he got up on his hands and toes, like a push-up. Today he got on his hands and knees. He's been able to really make his way around a room by rolling and scooting backwards. He gets pissed when he gets on all fours bc he wants to go forward but can't yet. It's like each day he gets a little closer to figuring out how to crawl, so I think he's close! DD didn't roll till 8 months and crawled at 10 months, so this feels fast to me!
    DD ~ 8/30/09 DS ~ 10/13/13
  • Options
    Rolls like crazy but desire to crawl.
    • Married 6/1/2012
    • BFP #1 - 11/17/2012 -  MC 12/10/2012
    • BFP #2 - 2/12/2013 - EDD 10/17/2013 - DD Born 10/10/2013
    • BFP #3 - 1/29/2014 - Ectopic pregnancy discovered 1/31/2014
    • BFP #4 - 9/28/2014 - EDD 6/4/2015 - DS Born 5/31/2015

• Options
    Rolls sometimes but mostly keeps up on his hands and hasn't learned how to get his legs under him. He also pulls on the mat to get to his toy. He also hasn't discovered his feet yet.

We are very amused when he looks like he's swimming on the carpet
  • Options
    Hugs the ground like a drunk frat boy. #mykidstilldoesntroll
  • Options
    Can roll from tummy to back. That's it. No crawling anytime soon.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"