Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

2nd Dose of Misopropal (Cytotec)

Anyone had experience with a 2nd dose. My 1st dose helped me pass most of the pregnancy on11/15. A month later there is still a 12mm piece if debris so the dr is having me do another dose. He said the success rate goes up with each dose. I am sure it won't be as bad as the first but I was wondering what to expect as I am taking it today. If this doesn't work I have to have a d&c.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #1 11/18/10 EDD 7/25/11 MMC 1/7/11 D&C 1/27/11 BFP #2 8/21/11 EDD 4/29/12 DD#1 4/19/12

Re: 2nd Dose of Misopropal (Cytotec)

• Options
    I'm in the same boat. I had my second dose yesterday. I have passed 2 large clots, some light bleeding, light cramping, the first dose I passed my little angel. Keep posting as I am scared too. I had miso last miscarriage & it was way different. Heavy cramping, heavy bleeding & I passed everything on that first dose so now that I know what I should be feeling & seeing I am worried. So far there is no real cramping but more bleeding with this 2nd dose. Good luck & try to stay positive!
  • Options
    My 2nd dose taken 12 hours after I passed the sac was not nearly as bad as the first round. I think it was because most of the big stuff had already come out. My dr called in that second dose to make sure I had passed everything. The cramping took longer to start up with the 2nd dose and the cramps were not that severe. I did still end up taking a pain pill just because at that point I was so worn out from the night before and that pain, I just didn't want to deal with anymore. But in comparison it wasn't bad at all. I did pass another big clot with that 2nd dose.

However 4 days later I still have some clots. I will now be taking another similar medication for the next 24 hours to hopefully get it all.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. I know I have some debris still left so I will be happy to see a clot. I took the meds almost 3 hours ago and only some light cramps here and there. Hoping it starts soon. I want it over!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #1 11/18/10 EDD 7/25/11 MMC 1/7/11 D&C 1/27/11 BFP #2 8/21/11 EDD 4/29/12 DD#1 4/19/12
  • Options
    Since I have nothing better to do than sit on a toilet I guess I can update you. Took the 800mcg at 9:30am. I was bummed and just got off the phone telling my mom it didn't work. Got in the shower and it started and hasn't stopped. No pain just like the first time but lots of blood and clots. Ugh. I hope it's over soon.
  • Options
    I just took my first dose 3 hours ago and am only feeling pressure in my abdomen. This is the first time I've taken it and am hoping I don't need the next dose in 12 hours but it seems to be working slow. I am feeling very tired and a bit nauseous from it, anyone had those symptoms?

• Options
    I got really light headed in the last hour. I have lost a lot of blood in the last month between the two doses. I think it is finally ending after 5 hours. Good luck and stay close to the toilet.
  • Options
    Cramping finally started & some pinkish CM when I went to the bathroom, seems to be working. Glad yours is finishing up.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"