Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Introducing strawberries

Just wondering if anyone did anything special when introducing strawberries.  I'm contemplating give her a puree with strawberries in it, or just giving her some pieces of a fresh strawberry.  Do we have to wait till 9 months or something like that?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Introducing strawberries

• Options
    My DS had strawberries right before he turned 7 months. We are doing BLW. There are no food allergies on either side of our families. I just keep a recordof what he eats and when then watch him pretty closely when we offer something new.

• Options
    I just gave DD some strawberry yesterday. We cut it up and let her attack it. The only things that are recommended to wait to feed now are honey and WCM really.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image  image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    nealblnealbl member
    I have been putting strawberries in the mesh feeder and freezing them since she was 6 months old. She likes it frozen when teething. I didn't do anything special, but I do have infant benadryl in my house. I guess if she had a reaction I would have given her some of that.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I thought we couldn't do strawberries until 12 months?... Did I make that up? Haha...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    A friend of mine gave LO a piece of fresh strawberry the other day at a BBQ we had. Other than almost choking on it she did fine. No reaction or anything. We don't have food allergies in our family so it was NBD for us to introduce them. I do have baby benadryl on hand in case of a reaction.
  • Options

imageBabyMakes 3:
    I thought we couldn't do strawberries until 12 months?... Did I make that up? Haha...

That was the old rec, new ones say they are fine earlier as long as there is no history of allergy to them in your family.

• Options
    We have no allergies in our families. We do BLW so she had a slice of fresh strawberry, no reaction. She's also had lobster (tis the season here). We were told 9 months for egg whites and WCM (but not to replace BM until 1 year) and 12 months for honey.
  • Options
    We just gave LO the whole berry so it was big enough fOr him to hold onto. He gums it til he gets some. It's usually rather pulpy by the time any comes off, so not usually chunky. He's been eating strawberry since about 6 months.
  • Options
    LSU628LSU628 member
    We do have food allergies, so the pedi recommended holding off till about 8 mo. Same with meat.
    imageimage
  • Options

image+MeganS+:
    My DS had strawberries right before he turned 7 months. We are doing BLW. There are no food allergies on either side of our families. I just keep a recordof what he eats and when then watch him pretty closely when we offer something new.

This! 

• Options
    We gave her strawberries about two weeks ago - she's 8 months now. I just cut them up in small pieces and watched her. She loved them :)

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    DD won't be getting strawberries anytime soon. We didn't have a food allergy history but DS was given strawberry yogurt at daycare and his throat swelled. Luckily they had epipens available. Got him tested and sure enough he's allergic. For that reason DD (along with DH and I) cannot have them. It's a total bummer too!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC 1 yr, BFP m/c 6weeks IUI #1-8 BFN IVF #1-2 - BFN Laproscopic - clear IVF #3 - BFP!!!!! 12/23 Beta #1-122, 12/29 Beta #2 - 1230, 1/4 Beta #3 8000+
  • Options
    I made a puree of frozen blueberries and strawberries and my LO had no reaction and LOVES them. I think I introduced right around 5 months.
    Nov 2012 BMB January Siggy Challenge
    Those Presedential Fitness Tests Were Torture

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"