Health & Exercise
Options

Exercise After Baby Drops

I'm 35 weeks pregnant and have continued a strength training class three days a week as well as running 6.5 miles on the elliptical about 5 times a week. The baby seems to have dropped overnight and now I am concerned about his little head when I run. Anyone else continue their exercise routine right up to the end? 
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Exercise After Baby Drops

• Options
    Running was out of the question for me... felt way too off balance.  However, I strength trained until 36.5 weeks and walked up until the day before I delivered.  My doctor said that all of my exercise and walking helped the baby get into position.  LO was very, very low and only took four pushes to get her out.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I did, I actually went running the day I went into labor at 39 weeks 4 days. You should be fine since you have been doing it your entire pregnancy, unless of course you are uncomfortable, then you should stop.  Listen your body and your doctor.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks, all. More than the physical aspect, I think the exercise has kept me sane throughout this pregnancy!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I was able to run daily until I went into labor at exactly 40 weeks. I didn't have any issues.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"