January 2013 Moms
Options

Bedtime for 4 1/2 month old

I was wondering what time your LO goes to bed? My 4 1/2 month old is always cranky in the evening.  He takes a bottle at 4:00, then a 20-30 minute cat nap at 5:30, bedtime routine at 7:30, bottle at 8, and then bedtime after his feeding.  But, we fight him from 6-8 every single night, pretty much since he's been born.  He is super fussy during this time.  Should I try putting him down earlier like 7? and just go on and feed him his bottle earlier instead of at 8?  He has been sleeping through the night for awhile without feeding and typically wakes up b/w 7-8. I'm just scared that if he has his last bottle at 6:30 or 7, then he will be waking up again in the middle of the night to feed, but I'm so tired of fighting him at night.  I'm not sure why he is fussy, unless he is really just overtired.  Any advice??

Re: Bedtime for 4 1/2 month old

• Options
    I am no expert in baby bedtimes (trust me we've had some rough evenings!) but my DD tends to be fussy in the evenings too and I've wondered about putting her to bed earlier as well. I try to follow her cues. Sometimes I can't get her down until after 9 pm, but the last few nights she's in bed by 8:30ish and seems much calmer during the whole process. I would go with your gut. If he's cranky and seems ready for bed try pushing up his bedtime. They say that the tired cues (crankiness, rubbing eyes, etc.) are usually a good indicator of when to start heading to bed. Try it once, if he wakes up in the middle of the night then go back to the old bedtime.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My LO goes down between 67. Any later and he becomes a bear.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DD usually is in bed around 8:30 or 9. She does often get a short nap at like 7 though when we walk around our neighborhood.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    If they are fighting it they most likely need an earlier bedtime because they are overtired.  If I don't get DD to bed by 7:15 at the latest, it's meltdown city and she's up fighting it until 9.
    William born 9/7/07
    Violet Mae born 1/15/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    When is his last nap (prior to the 5.30 one)?
    imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    He takes his first afternoon nap anywhere b/w 1 and 1:30 and usually sleeps until 3:30 or so. 
  • Options
    I'm guessing he's overtired. LO's bedtime used to be 9-9:30 and I don't know how he made it that long. Now, he gets real fussy about 6:30 so I put him down usually by 7, sometimes 7:30 and he sleeps SO much better than we he went down later. LO does eat twice throughout the night though.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"