February 2013 Moms
Options

Fat shelf

Any of you ladies have that lump of fat? I had a c section and there is this long bump of fat, I call it a shelf, right above my incision that runs the length of it. My belly is still a little swollen, then there's a flat part, then the shelf. Wtf??? I had never heard of this before. How the heck do I get it to go away? I have lost all the baby weight already so what is this? My doctor was so annoying and just gave me the stupid "you know how you had a baby in there 6 weeks ago" speech.
Pregnancy Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Photo of the Remarkables mountain range in Queenstown, New Zealand.

Re: Fat shelf

• Options

I've heard of the c-section shelf! But I am so short-waisted, I just have a flabby deflated-balloon belly. I still have to lift loose skin to even see my scar :(  I call it my "mom belly." I really hope the skin tightens up eventually, but I'm pre

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I also had.a c/s and have what you call the fat shelf. I lost all my pregnancy weight already but still have this. I don't know what to do about it either, but have to admit it is pretty annoying to have.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm so glad I'm not the only one with this. I guess one day wil figure out how get rid of it
    April 10 IUI BFN Sept 10 IUI BRN Feb 11 IVF hoping for a BFP! Feb 27 ER 28 eggs Mar 4 8 health eggs, 2 ET Mar 17 - Beta 180!! BFP!!! Mar 21 - Beta 1295!! holy cow what a jump Coming soon 1st Sono March 30!!! Crossing fingers for healthy stick bean(s) Mar 29 miscarry :( 6w 3d 2nd IVF July 2011 BFP July 2011 M/C 11/11/11 hate to say good bye again! Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 3rd IVF 4/3/12 ER 46 eggs (holly cow batman) 40 mature, 36 fertilized 4/8/12 ET 2 AB put back 4/10/12 15 make it to FREEZE 4/22/12 Beta BFN 1st FET 6/7/12 Day we are going to put back 2. 6/21/12 BFP 1285 6/25/12 4780 I hope this time they stick!! Deaglan William welcome. My rainbow is finally here February 7, 2013
  • Options
    I have this too and I am grossed out by it. My scar and stretch marks don't bother me, but I HATE my stomach! 
    --Married 4 Years - PCOS - Insulin Resistant - Irregular Cycles - TTC 24mon - Metformin - Progesterone - Phentermine - 40 pounds lost - 3 rounds Clomid - DH 1% sperm morphology - BFP June 23rd - Paxton born 2/15/2013 - August 2013 Let's Have Another Baby- Charting Cycles with OPC and Charting Temps, No Ovulation Jan- Start clomid Feb 2014  --
  • Options
    I didn't have a cs and I have the same shelf! Boo
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Options
    I have this.  I call it my twin skin.  It gets irritated when I wear regular jeans - so annoying.  I hope it just goes away with time (and exercise, of course).  If not, I at least hope I can find cute jeans that don't irritate it!
    imageimage
    TTC #1 since May 2010. BFP #1 - 5/31/10; m/c on 7/22/10
    Started seeing RE in August 2011
    5 IUIs: BFN; IVF #1 - Success! BFP - 7/25/12 Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    imageTeacher Clark:
    Exercise, it's the only way I know of to get rid of it. At least that's what worked for me with DD1.
    </BLOCKQUO
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

My friend and I both have them and we call ourselves "the apron buddies". It sucks, but I still have about 17 lbs to lose to pp weight and then another 20 to get to my fighting weight.  

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"