Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Severe post-partum hair loss

Anyone else? It's getting really bad to the point where I have some bald spots and a receding hair line. I am 4 mo pp and this is my 2nd. I remember the hair loss the first time but not like this. It gets so bad that the hair that is falling out gets tangled with the rest of my hair and it creates knots all over that makes it impossible to brush out sometimes. Yesterday one area felt like I had gum in my hair and I actually had to cut that piece out after trying to practically rip through it without sucess. I am so sad and my husband can't believe it either. I know its the hormones but sheesh this bad??

Re: Severe post-partum hair loss

• Options
    Me! My hairdresser warned me, but I never imagined it being this bad. Each morning and after showers, I have to fight to get a comb through my hair. Several times, I have opted to cut the tangles out rather than pull out even more hair. Thank goodness my
  • Options
    Yup...I feel like there is hair all over my pillow in the morning and the drain looks like Chewbacca showered in there when I get out!  Anyone know how long this lasts?  I feel  like I don't have much hair left!
    Anniversary 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Drool filled fingers and my blond hair is a nasty combination! Thinking some dark brown hair is in my future so I can at least see it before he sticks his fingers in his mouth with a clump of hair. His new found love of grabbing really exacerbates the ha
  • Options
    I am also having REALLY bad hair loss and will be 4 mo pp in a week
  • Options
    I had twins in July and I had very long hair I was losing a lot. Last month I decided to cut off 12 inches. My daughters are 8 months now and finally the hair lose has slowed down to almost stopping. I wold call your doctor and get your levels checked. My
  • Options
    imageEricsTrueLove2:
    Anyone else? It's getting really bad to the point where I have some bald spots and a receding hair line...
    </B
  • Options

Yes! My endocrinologist recommended taking a a Biotin supplement and a good fish oil.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"