Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Solids - How much?

My son started on solids at 5 months with one small feeding a day (1-2 tablespoons).  At his 6 month check up his doctor recommended 30-36 ounces of breast milk plus 3 meals a day - 2-4 tablespoons of cereal, plus two meals of 4-6 OUNCES of fruits or vegetables.  This seems like a ton to me.  He currently gets 30 ounces of pumped milk and 3 meals of 1-2 ounces.  He seems satisfied to me, but this is quite a bit less than the doctor suggested.

So, I'm curious... How much do your babies eat?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

#2 BFP 8/23/14, EDD 5/1/15, M/C 9/17/14 - Forever in our hearts <3

Re: Solids - How much?

• Options
    I nurse on demand and she gets about 1-2 tablespoons of veggies a day.  I make my own baby food and we just started her this week.  She's still unsure of what to do so we're only feeding her so she learns to swallow then we will start feeding he
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    We are at the 6.5 month mark, and she eats on demand for BM and between 15-20 ounces of formula depending on the day. She has been eating solids since she was 4 months, and is now up to 2 times a day and can finish one of the baby bullet singles in one si
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've only been giving him a few tablespoons at  dinner. Today was the first day I actually offered him lunch.
  • Options
    DD gets 3 meals per day, in addition to nursing and expressed BM.
    m/c 2013
  • Options
    If he seems satisfied, I'd say you're probably fine. My baby (8.5 mos) gets pissed if we only give her 2 oz of solids - she can down 8 oz in 5 minutes.  We just feed her until she stops wanting to eat and make sure to nurse her or give a bottle first
  • Options
    We got the same thing from our peds. We basically start his meal and feed him until he shows us he is done (pushing away the spoon or turning his head). Some meals he will go crazy and eat a ton, others he rather stare at the dogs than eat his sweet potat
  • Options
    Our Pedi said that babies only eat when they are hungry (unlike big people who will eat for the sake of eating)... we started solids (rice then oatmeal) @ 4 months then @ 5months we started fruits and veggies.  LO eats about 32 to 36 oz of breast mil
  • Options
    Our pedi wants DD to eat 2 of the stage 2 jars per day. So she's been eating 4 ounces of solids twice a day.
    TTC #1 since May 2010
    9/10 and 1/11 Normal blood work
    2/11 50 mg Clomid = BFN
    4/11 50 mg Clomid = BFN
    5/11 100 mg Clomid = BFN
    6/11 2.5 mg Femara = BFN
    7/11 2.5 mg Femara = BFN
    SA normal and HSG all clear
    11/11 14 HMG shots with HCG trigger = BFN
    12/11 Femara + HMG = BFP!!
  • Options
    I offer solids 2 to 3 times a day and feed her till she doesn't want anymore. Anywhere from 1 to 3 oz of solids a meal.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! This makes me feel better.

#2 BFP 8/23/14, EDD 5/1/15, M/C 9/17/14 - Forever in our hearts <3

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"