Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Need help staying asleep!

Any advice would be GREAT:

At about 4 mos my DS slept through the night (8pm-5:30am) for nearly a week. Normally, and since then he wakes up at 3am (like clockwork) and then again at 5am. Last night at the 3am wakeup I tried the pacifier before bottle, and he went right back down. The 5am wakeup however he cries like a banshee until fed (this is new, used to be he would wake up gradually and generally happy).

He goes to sleep very easy, sometimes too easy as he doesnt nap alot during the day (working on this with daycare).

How (if at all) can I work on him 1) Staying asleep and 2) Not waking up screaming?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Need help staying asleep!

• Options
    At 4 months old, there is not much you can do to make them sleep longer. Just keep working on a good routine during the day and it should all work itself out. I noticed that my LO needs 5 bottles before she will sleep good at night. So if one day she is off and only eats 4 bottles than I would expect her to wake up that night. Just a thought.
    As for your LO screaming. My dd sleeps in my room so I hear her start to move around then I hear her start to making sucking sounds and if she has the paci in then she starts sucking fast so these are all signs that she will be waking up really soon. Once she wakes up she only has a minute or so before the crying begins. So maybe your not hearing your LO until they are fully awake or your LO might just being going through something that is making them feel very hungry at that time.
  • Options
    Swaddling helps my LOs!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    This was exactly happening with our son. At that time we were feeding him thru the day about every 1 1/2- 2 hours. When we spoke to our pediatrician he recommended feeding him more but about every 3 hours. It litterally worked that next night after changing his feeding schedule. He then started to sleep about 830 pm to at least 6am. He now sleeps 8-7 (or longer on the weekends) Maybe check with the doc and see if that helps. good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"