February 2013 Moms
Options

Excited and Nervous

I haven't posted on here in a while, but I had my 38 week apt. today 2cm and 75% effaced. Everything is going good except he is still measuring  ahead  in the 82nd percentile (she has been doing a lot of ultrasounds to keep track of his growth). My midwife is getting worried about his size and suggested inducing next week, since he is getting so big. She said the benefits outweigh the risks. I trust her on this, she has been very supportive through everything. In the mean time she wants me to try to get labor going on my own. 

Point being I am very nervous about being induced, I didn't think I would have to be. I just had to get it off my chest. The only thing I am looking forward to is holding my son.

Johna and Justin Married since 2011
                 Baby Jasper born 2.23.13 8lbs 15 oz. 

Re: Excited and Nervous

• Options
    that is a big baby!  It sounds like you are in a good position for induction as far as progress.  Do what you can to help move it along on your own (says the girl who has done it all and made no progress).  Have you talked to her about evening primrose oil?  I know that really helped me along when I had my DD.  Birthing ball to help open up your pelvis and encourage the baby down?  I was induced with DD and it was really not bad at all because my body was progressing on it's own before. 
  • Options
    I'm using evening primrose, and I have started walking A LOT. I don't have a birthing ball yet, but I really want one. She is going to strip my membranes Tuesday to see if that helps, I really hope it does.
                     Johna and Justin Married since 2011
                     Baby Jasper born 2.23.13 8lbs 15 oz. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I got my exercise ball for 10 bucks at wallmart, great investment (even use is after once I was cleared to help start tummy toning).  I hope it gets your body good and ready so induction is more of a light push in the right direction Wink
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"