November 2011 Moms
Options

What's on LO's lunch menu?

In a food rut today. What are you giving your LO for lunch?

Re: What's on LO's lunch menu?

• Options
    Today, DS is having leftover chicken pasta, mixed veggies, and apple slices.

He probably won't eat much. He's been in an eating standoff for lunch most days.

Baby Boy #2 is on the way!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Veggie dog, cottage cheese, strawberries and peas
                                    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm in the same place, Purple.  It feels like I can't remember what the heck I've been feeding DD for lunch for the last 9 months.  Why can't I make lunch feel 'complete'? 

I made some fried rice yesterday (a la OAMM - Thanks, JamiesWife!) and loaded that with stir fry veggies and added some peas and carrots and eggs.  She'll have that and some string cheese and a banana. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Mixed veggies, bread, oranges (Cuties), bananas, pasta, mac n cheese, yogurt, grilled cheese, chicken, applesauce and cheese sticks. 
    photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Anniversary
  • Options

imageJamiesWife2010:
    Today, DS is having leftover chicken pasta, mixed veggies, and apple slices. He probably won't eat much. He's been in an eating standoff for lunch most days.

DD is refusing lunch too.  It's gotten to the point of being uber-frustrating.

BFP #1 10/13/09 EDD 06/20/10 DS Born on 06/26/10
    BFP #2 03/08/11 EDD 11/16/11 DD Born on 11/04/11
    BFP #3 08/29/12 EDD 05/06/13 M/C on 08/30/12
    BFP #4 11/01/12 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C on 12/28/12
    BFP #5 04/30/13 EDD 01/03/14 DS Born on 01/02/14
    BFP #6 01/11/15 EDD 09/22/15 M/C 03/09/15
  • Options
    imageLittleMommaBlueHen:

imageJamiesWife2010:
    Today, DS is having leftover chicken pasta, mixed veggies, and apple slices. He probably won't eat much. He's been in an eating standoff for lunch most days.

DD is refusing lunch too.  It's gotten to the point of being uber-frustrating.

It is frustrating! I hate for him to "skip" a meal, so I find myself trying to eat him anything that he will actually chew & swallow.

I'm trying to just offer him what we are eating(with at least of his usual favs.) If he doesn't eat, I try not to stress. In my brain, I know that he won't starve. But, I want my kid to eat!

On the other hand, I don't want to start offering him a separate meal. I do not want to be cooking two different meals for the family, I'm lucky to make one meal!

Baby Boy #2 is on the way!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

imagegracefulruby33:

I'll be buying veggie dogs tommorow!

• Options

Macaroni and cheese, two cut up Chik'n nuggets

Cream cheese and turkey sandwich on wheat*, cut up cucumbers

4 Dr. Praeger's Spinach Littles, cut up chicken*

Cream cheese and jelly sandwich on wheat*, cut up cucumbers 

The *'s are for things she did not eat!  I also pack an AM snack which is usually fruit (kiwi this week) and yogurt.  She gets crackers for an afternoon snack.   

• Options
    I do a lot of mixes to trick her into eating veggies. Like rice mixed with diced chicken and veggies, or small pasta mixed with chicken and veggies. She also gets sandwiches/paninis and soup.
  • Options
    imageshabamwam:

imagegracefulruby33:

I'll be buying veggie dogs tommorow!

DD LOVES Vegi dogs

• Options

Cottage Cheese mixed with diced cucumber and tomato and some whole grain crackers.

Other things she had recently:
    Mac n' cheese, chicken nuggets, and mixed veggies.
    Chicken, cheese, and avocado.
    Black beans, brown rice, and avocado.
    Cheese quesadilla and carrots.
    Chicken salad (made with yogurt) on whole grain crackers.

• Options

imageMrsCaddyshack:
    I do a lot of mixes to trick her into eating veggies. Like rice mixed with diced chicken and veggies, or small pasta mixed with chicken and veggies. She also gets sandwiches/paninis and soup.

I keep seeing this and I am so curious how do you give soup? (Or is my DD the only one who refuses to allow a spoon anywhere near her?) 

• Options
    imageauthorofdreamz:

imageMrsCaddyshack:

I keep seeing this and I am so curious how do you give soup? (Or is my DD the only one who refuses to allow a spoon anywhere near her?) 

Not directed at me, but we let DD self feed soup.  She uses the spoon and sometimes scoops out veggies/pasta with her hands.  Just be prepared for a mess 

~Working Mom~Breastfeeding Mom~Cloth Diapering Mom~BLW Mom~

Blog - No Longer on the DL ~ The Man Cave
    Shawn and Larissa
    LO #1 - Took 2 years and 2 IVFs ~ DX - severe MFI mild PCOS homozygous MTHFR (a1298c)
    LO #2 - TTC 7 months, surprise spontaneous BFP!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagesmilelari:
    imageauthorofdreamz:

imageMrsCaddyshack:

Not directed at me, but we let DD self feed soup.  She uses the spoon and sometimes scoops out veggies/pasta with her hands.  Just be prepared for a mess 

Oh wow, Smilelari, I envy your patience.  :)  But, then again, our dining room has carpet and although DD loves food, something always ends up on the ceiling or wall.  I'm scared of soup.  Maybe I'll try gazpacho in the summer...outside.  lol.

• Options
    imageChan4dra04:
    imagesmilelari:
    imageauthorofdreamz:

imageMrsCaddyshack:

Oh wow, Smilelari, I envy your patience.  :)  But, then again, our dining room has carpet and although DD loves food, something always ends up on the ceiling or wall.  I'm scared of soup.  Maybe I'll try gazpacho in the summer...outside.  lol.

Yogurt is even more messy.  We give her the spoon and she starts eating with that, but eventually she'll stick her whole hand in the tub.  Oi 

~Working Mom~Breastfeeding Mom~Cloth Diapering Mom~BLW Mom~

Blog - No Longer on the DL ~ The Man Cave
    Shawn and Larissa
    LO #1 - Took 2 years and 2 IVFs ~ DX - severe MFI mild PCOS homozygous MTHFR (a1298c)
    LO #2 - TTC 7 months, surprise spontaneous BFP!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Ha!  That's funny!  I give DD yogurt daily but we bought a couple of these reusable squishy snack packs, like the kind that applesauce can come in.  They are flimsy and washable.  I love them. 

DD has been wanting to eat everything with her spoon lately, but I am holding off on giving her something to eat out of like a tub/cup/bowl.  It would end in me crying I'm sure with DD laughing her evil cackle.  lol. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"