Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

17 month old bedtime? Advice?

We've had a routine down for as long as I can remember. Bedtime at 8:30, and she usually woke up about 7:30. Lately, she'll sleep until 9 or 10. I thought it was just because she'd been sick with a cold, but now It's throwing off our daytime routines (breakfast, naps, lunch, etc.). I'm thinking maybe I should try pushing her bedtime back to 7-7:30? What time do you usually put down your LO? 
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Photobucket

Re: 17 month old bedtime? Advice?

• Options
    We always put LO to sleep at 7.  No later than 7:30.  Usually wakes at 7:30am.  Worth a try.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • Options

We put our son (19 months old) down at 7pm (bedtime routine at 6:30pm) and I am a baby sleep consultant and suggest this bed time from 12 months til 3 years old.

Good Luck! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    DD goes to bed at 7 and wakes up no later than 7:30. It is definitely worth a try. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I've always just taken my cues on scheduling from her. When she started getting really tired around the same time every night that became our bedtime. So now we start a bath around 8:30 and she's in bed by 9. Even then she sometimes isn't asleep until 10. She's always up by 7:30. She still takes 2 naps during the day, though that will probably change here shortly as she's 17months also. The pediatrician was surprised that she was still taking 2 naps at our last visit.
  • Options
    Also, I have no problem waking her up in the morning/ from naps if we need to get things done or stick to a schedule. Its not a common occurrence, but occasionally her afternoon nap goes a bit too long and it'll throw off bedtime if I don't wake her.
  • Options

Mine goes to bed between 7-7:30p, and wakes between 7-7:30am.  She takes 1, 1.5-2 hour nap around noon, after lunch.

I'd suggest moving the bedtime up in tiny increments (5-10 mins) over a couple of weeks to see if you can't get an earlier schedule down.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    DD goes to bed at 7pm.  Sometimes 7:30 on weekends because we don't get home until 7 or a little bit later.  She sleeps in until about 7:30.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers imageimage
  • Options
    DS goes down around 7every night. We start dinner around 6, bath or playtime at 6:30 (eczema prevents nightly baths for us) and he is usually exhausted and falls asleep quickly after we out him down.  He wakes up a little before 8 most mornings. He rarely takes a nap that lasts longer than an hour and he plays hard all day. Good luck!
  • Options
    Our 17 month old goes down at 8pm, same routine since he was small, PJ's, story,song and bed. And wakes up between 5:45-6:30, some days if we're lucky 7:30-8. We put him to bed later than most because I work and dont get home until 6 and seeing him for only one hour a night didnt seem fair to me, so 8pm it is.
  • Options
    My 15 month old usually goes to bed at 8:00pm and gets up at 6:30am.Is she acting tired earlier than usual in the evening?
    After 2 years of TTC, our daughter was born on Oct 31, 2011!
    7lbs 13oz  20 inches long
    image"Lilypie">

• Options
    DS goes down at 7:30 and usually sleeps until 6:30 or 7... sometimes even 7:30 lately.  

Lilypie - (JzKZ) Lilypie - (DgGJ)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"