Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

17 month old bedtime? Advice?

We've had a routine down for as long as I can remember. Bedtime at 8:30, and she usually woke up about 7:30. Lately, she'll sleep until 9 or 10. I thought it was just because she'd been sick with a cold, but now It's throwing off our daytime routines (breakfast, naps, lunch, etc.). I'm thinking maybe I should try pushing her bedtime back to 7-7:30? What time do you usually put down your LO? 
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Photobucket

Re: 17 month old bedtime? Advice?

• We always put LO to sleep at 7.  No later than 7:30.  Usually wakes at 7:30am.  Worth a try.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • We put our son (19 months old) down at 7pm (bedtime routine at 6:30pm) and I am a baby sleep consultant and suggest this bed time from 12 months til 3 years old.

Good Luck! 

• Loading the player...
  • DD goes to bed at 7 and wakes up no later than 7:30. It is definitely worth a try. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've always just taken my cues on scheduling from her. When she started getting really tired around the same time every night that became our bedtime. So now we start a bath around 8:30 and she's in bed by 9. Even then she sometimes isn't asleep until 10. She's always up by 7:30. She still takes 2 naps during the day, though that will probably change here shortly as she's 17months also. The pediatrician was surprised that she was still taking 2 naps at our last visit.
  • Also, I have no problem waking her up in the morning/ from naps if we need to get things done or stick to a schedule. Its not a common occurrence, but occasionally her afternoon nap goes a bit too long and it'll throw off bedtime if I don't wake her.
  • Mine goes to bed between 7-7:30p, and wakes between 7-7:30am.  She takes 1, 1.5-2 hour nap around noon, after lunch.

I'd suggest moving the bedtime up in tiny increments (5-10 mins) over a couple of weeks to see if you can't get an earlier schedule down.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DD goes to bed at 7pm.  Sometimes 7:30 on weekends because we don't get home until 7 or a little bit later.  She sleeps in until about 7:30.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers imageimage
  • DS goes down around 7every night. We start dinner around 6, bath or playtime at 6:30 (eczema prevents nightly baths for us) and he is usually exhausted and falls asleep quickly after we out him down.  He wakes up a little before 8 most mornings. He rarely takes a nap that lasts longer than an hour and he plays hard all day. Good luck!
  • Our 17 month old goes down at 8pm, same routine since he was small, PJ's, story,song and bed. And wakes up between 5:45-6:30, some days if we're lucky 7:30-8. We put him to bed later than most because I work and dont get home until 6 and seeing him for only one hour a night didnt seem fair to me, so 8pm it is.
  • My 15 month old usually goes to bed at 8:00pm and gets up at 6:30am.Is she acting tired earlier than usual in the evening?
    After 2 years of TTC, our daughter was born on Oct 31, 2011!
    7lbs 13oz  20 inches long
    image"Lilypie">

• DS goes down at 7:30 and usually sleeps until 6:30 or 7... sometimes even 7:30 lately.  

Lilypie - (JzKZ) Lilypie - (DgGJ)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"