Cloth Diapering
Options

yeast infection

I suspect DS has a yeast infection.  Is there anything special I need to do with our diapers to clean them?  We have BG 4.0s.

Anniversary

Re: yeast infection

• Options
    We've gone through two bouts of antibiotics=two rounds of yeast infections. Ive found just treating the rash with cocnut oil in the bath, some burts bees baby bee after the bath then meds with a liner at night in the morning and finally thursties booty love for the rest of the changes. No harm to my dipes and my two year old never got it and we share btwn the two boys. Good luck!
  • Options

Start with clean diapers.  Then:

Do hot wash with 1/4 cup of bleach

Then a hot wash with 15-20 drops of Tea Tree oil, 15-20 drops of GFSE with detergent to kill the spores and wash off the bleach.

Then rinse, rinse, rinse, rinse.

I'm not sure if it's necessary to do it all separately, but that's what I did when I disinfected my diapers.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagetjkdlhb:

Start with clean diapers.  Then:

Do hot wash with 1/4 cup of bleach

Then a hot wash with 15-20 drops of Tea Tree oil, 15-20 drops of GFSE with detergent to kill the spores and wash off the bleach.

Then rinse, rinse, rinse, rinse.

I'm not sure if it's necessary to do it all separately, but that's what I did when I disinfected my diapers.

This is also my routine when my dd has a yeast rash. DD has been on antibiotics 5 times, so 5 yeast rashes. I have tried different combo's/routines, but that is the only one that wipes out the yeast quickly.

I also add a couple drops of TTO or GFSE to our wipe solution to help with every diaper change.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Diagnosed with PCOS March '10 - Started 1000mg of Metformin
    After 3 unsuccessful Clomid cycles, FSH+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Time to make Emilie a big sister!

May '16 2.0: Letrozole+FSH+Menopur+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP! first beta-45.44, second beta-148

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I have found that ironing helps greatly in killing the bacteria that just washing will not always get rid of it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"